Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
It’s generally accepted that the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) is real and dangerous! We can debate whether it is truly near Apocalyptic Proportions or “overhyped” by the press. We also know the recommended health practices that will help reduce your risk of contracting the disease. One thing rarely mentioned, if ever is .....the effect of stress on the body’s immune system. Perhaps if we could reduce our fears and anxieties....it would be one more weapon in our arsenal to fight this disease. Once you’ve done all that you can do......you can’t panic over that which of you have no control. This is what the MayoClinic has to say about stress and the human immune system. memtb

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress/art-20046037

Last edited by memtb; 03/20/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Death count in Italy today was 627. I think yesterday was 375 & that was the highest to date. Give it a couple of weeks------we'll make those numbers look mall.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions,0.8% of the total deaths, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Does that make the fatalities irrelevant? Those lives lost too soon are of no consequence? It is wrong to strive to slow that same loss of life in America?

Death is inevitable.....our understanding of death isn’t. However if we understand the virus and are able to identify those that are most susceptible to it we are better able to target the most vulnerable groups. By targeting the most vulnerable and providing them with the tools needed to combat it (by not contracting it) we prove that those lives are anything but “irrelevant” and that they are of great consequence to us. The efforts that have gone into saving lives and preventing its spread have shown how much we value every life, from the unborn to the elderly at the end of their life, every life is a gift from God.

Highlighting the truth behind the statistics does NOT diminish those deaths but it does show the truth about those deaths that were merely a statistic until broken down. The facts as outlined above are significant indicators that this virus isn’t the fatal blow to society as we know it. It doesn’t appear to severely affect healthy adults and it appears to have even LESS impact on the young. That’s a GOOD THING! Since most every fatality had significant underlying medical issues and the average age of the victims were several years past the average life expectancy it shows that this virus doesn’t seem to stand up to a healthy immune system. It’s quite literally the type of disease that thins the herd by preying on the weak. These are the most fragile of fragile patients and the truth is that if there wasn’t a worldwide panic currently underway their death would be expected and “normal”. That is in no way meant to diminish the loss of the loved ones nor is it intended as an insult, it’s simply the truth about nature doing what nature does.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Death count in Italy today was 627. I think yesterday was 375 & that was the highest to date. Give it a couple of weeks------we'll make those numbers look mall.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions,0.8% of the total deaths, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Does that make the fatalities irrelevant? Those lives lost too soon are of no consequence? It is wrong to strive to slow that same loss of life in America?

Death is inevitable.....our understanding of death isn’t. However if we understand the virus and are able to identify those that are most susceptible to it we are better able to target the most vulnerable groups. By targeting the most vulnerable and providing them with the tools needed to combat it (by not contracting it) we prove that those lives are anything but “irrelevant” and that they are of great consequence to us. The efforts that have gone into saving lives and preventing its spread have shown how much we value every life, from the unborn to the elderly at the end of their life, every life is a gift from God.

Highlighting the truth behind the statistics does NOT diminish those deaths but it does show the truth about those deaths that were merely a statistic until broken down. The facts as outlined above are significant indicators that this virus isn’t the fatal blow to society as we know it. It doesn’t appear to severely affect healthy adults and it appears to have even LESS impact on the young. That’s a GOOD THING! Since most every fatality had significant underlying medical issues and the average age of the victims were several years past the average life expectancy it shows that this virus doesn’t seem to stand up to a healthy immune system. It’s quite literally the type of disease that thins the herd by preying on the weak. These are the most fragile of fragile patients and the truth is that if there wasn’t a worldwide panic currently underway their death would be expected and “normal”. That is in no way meant to diminish the loss of the loved ones nor is it intended as an insult, it’s simply the truth about nature doing what nature does.

Damn good post. Old Toot says we can’t talk about immune systems though . That doesn’t jive with CNN 🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Notice how important protective gear is for the media:
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1241101964609384453

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
My wife is social distancing me! I am going to have to take matters into my own hands.... whistle

LOLOL

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
.. Some of our contacts moved to telemedicine this week. I expect that is the wave of the future when this virus is history.

Novel viruses can become seasonal.

epidemiological factors that make some viruses
seasonal are complicated, so I'll just leave it at that.

.. It’s quite literally the type of disease that thins the herd by preying on the weak...it’s simply the truth about nature doing what nature does.

Its a true blessing in disguise.
Only the strong survive and get stronger
for the greater good.

All those that made poor lifestyle choices and are
suffering various ailments as consequence - which
now puts them behind the 8 ball with C19,

have who to blame?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having lived through a number of deadly epidemics like measles, mumps, etc. I was a naysayer. I have reformed. The county is doing a good job of picking up bodies. They work like major speed bumps until they get flattened down a bit. But I had to kill three zombies to get out of the driveway this morning. So while this corvid thing is nothing to sneeze at smirk it sure ain't doomsday. But I could be wrong, 14 infected in the entire state so it's spreading like wildfire.

Gotta crawl under the bed and whimper now. And hug all my Charmin so I can "bear" it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Having lived through a number of deadly epidemics like measles, mumps, etc. I was a naysayer. I have reformes. The county is doing a good job of picking up bodies. They work like major speed bumps until they get flattened down a bit. But I had to kill three zombies to get out of the driveway this morning. So while this corvid thing is nothing to sneeze at smirk it sure ain't doomsday. But I could be wrong, 19 infected in the entire state so it's spreading like wildfire.

Gotta crawl under the bed and whimper now. And hug all my Charmin so I can bear it.

Don't forget your Purell and a few bags of rice and beans.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

They were already on the doorstep and the Corona virus gave them a good kick in the a ss .

Your point?

I guess their immune system failed them or it didn’t get the message that a virus was upon them.

Are you that dumb? Why should the Corona virus get all the blame if they were about to die in 2 months without getting it?

Me dumb ?

I guess you’re a doctor and even knew these people personally.

You need to go walk around nursing homes and hospitals and hospice groups and put a tag on the sick and elderly letting them know just how long they have left on earth being the all seeing all knowing clairvoyant that you are.

Please demonstrate, right here at The Campfire, how smart you are.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Damn good post. Old Toot says we can’t talk about immune systems though . That doesn’t jive with CNN 🤣

I believe that it’s you trying to distance yourself from the “immune “ issues and your refusal to acknowledge your rather stupid statements here on this thread and I’m being kind to you.

There’s been much good info as it relates to how this virus vs immune works or doesn’t work.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Got a call early this morning from a dear friend. His wife passed away earlier this morning, she had been in failing health.

Upon getting her to the Emergency Room he was made to leave and told to wait outside the hospital and they took his cell phone number. He went to the parking garage and waited for hours and got the text that she had passed. He called me from the parking garage.

He was not allowed to enter the hospital to see her and spend final private moments with his life’s partner.

As of an hour ago the funeral home can’t tell the family anything related to what the service for her might hold.

I write this in case others here may possibly have a similar situation and as to what you might expect should the worst come to pass.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's what bothers me the most..............go back to when Obama was trying to get Obamacare passed, and remember when it was being said that under his program certain sick people who weren't going to get any better would just be allowed to die, rather than having money kept being spent on them just to keep them alive. Conservatives everywhere got all pizzed off about that, and made a really big deal out it..........as we should have.

Now, think about what some of you are saying now about this..........well, old people are going to die anyway, it's just a matter of time, so does it really matter if they get corona or not. So, it was wrong for Obama to want to turn Aunt Martha's ventilator off because it was costing the government money, but it's okay for her to get corona and die, because only the strong survive. What's the difference?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boy! You certainly haven’t head much about Nancy or shify shief have you??

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
IDK, but, add China flu to the below links, and you see we have a serious double whammy Flu Season.

how many people die from flu

coronoavirus pandemic

People gonna die me and mine maybe IDK frown

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Here's what bothers me the most..............go back to when Obama was trying to get Obamacare passed, and remember when it was being said that under his program certain sick people who weren't going to get any better would just be allowed to die, rather than having money kept being spent on them just to keep them alive. Conservatives everywhere got all pizzed off about that, and made a really big deal out it..........as we should have.

Now, think about what some of you are saying now about this..........well, old people are going to die anyway, it's just a matter of time, so does it really matter if they get corona or not. So, it was wrong for Obama to want to turn Aunt Martha's ventilator off because it was costing the government money, but it's okay for her to get corona and die, because only the strong survive. What's the difference?
The difference is that Corona isn't a group of bureaucrats picking the losers. The difference is that ZeroCare removes personal choice on healthcare spending. If a billionaire wants to spend the entire billion keeping alive for the next week, ZeroCare wouldn't allow that.

We are all going to die someday. I don't think we should be forced to live our lives keeping someone alive for an extra week. However, the sick should be allowed to do whatever they see fit to keep themselves alive. It's all about rights. It's not a right if it requires someone else to do something they don't want to do.

Last edited by Tyrone; 03/21/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvnv
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Does everyone that comes in contact get it?

I’m not the tinfoil type. But believe the media is making this 10x worse than what needs to be.

Wrong. The media is making it 100,000 X worse.

Pretty much everyone that comes in contact with it can/will get it, no immunity.

No

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Now, think about what some of you are saying now about this..........well, old people are going to die anyway, it's just a matter of time, so does it really matter if they get corona or not....

Not that it doesn't matter at all, but it matters less
to some that those much nearer their natural expiry
date, matter less in the prospective future big picture.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

I believe that it’s you trying to distance yourself from the “immune “ issues and your refusal to acknowledge your rather stupid statements here on this thread and I’m being kind to you.

There’s been much good info as it relates to how this virus vs immune works or doesn’t work.

Bufoon

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bufoon

Its a genetic gift and he's might proud of it.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Well

If it hits my fam i figure we lose a couple young a couple medium and most of the old.

Most of em mine.

Its just wait and see.

Might all skate through fine. Am just prepping myself emotionally in case they dont.

To hold it together for the others when chit happens.
Death doesnt bother me, but i gotta make sure it doesnt catch me off guard and add to instability ....for the kids sake

Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 56 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.