Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've had two potted meat sandwiches with mustard since Thursday so I'm starting early

Geezus. Wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley or stand behind you at the checkout either.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
rats,crows,coyotes,skunks and buzzards the worst of the worst.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
I've had two potted meat sandwiches with mustard since Thursday so I'm starting early

Geezus. Wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley or stand behind you at the checkout either.

wife likes it too

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bowfisher
I'm getting ahead of the game. Almost have enough in 3 days for a good sized pizza.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Made me think of the movie "King Rat".

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lima beans.

I live next to the ocean in Deadliest Catch land. I'm not starving. The Aleuts survived in this fahqin' blowhole and I think we'll pull it off again.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Not 100% sure but boneless skinless chicken breast would be near the last thing I would eat.

Old lady burned me out on it a while back.

Not too sure WTF that was all about.

When I was a kid, Mom was absolutely forbidden from bringing Spam into the house. Dad had ate so much of it in Europe during the war, he never wanted to see a can of it again as long as he lived.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These goofy Scandanuvians up here in Minnysoda eat this crap called lutefisk, which is some white fish fillets soaked in lye. 'Tried it once, just to say I had. Now wonder these folks are so skinny. BLECHHHH! The dog won't even eat this crap!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never eaten sardines............believe I'd eat canned cat food before I did. One smell of them is enough to make a man puke.

I do love brussel sprouts and lima beans, two foods that someone mentioned they don't like. I like most any kind of veggie, some more than others.

Just remember this, if you were starving, you'd be surprised at what you would eat.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Spam or any canned fish, yuk!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i live next to the gulf of mexico, i'd never go hungry.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by bowfisher
I'm getting ahead of the game. Almost have enough in 3 days for a good sized pizza.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Made me think of the movie "King Rat".

Aw don' kill them. Wrangle them and milk them for making mice cream.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Cottage cheese. What the hell is that stuff about? Looks like throw up before you even eat it. 🤮

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Just glanced in the pantry....have to say some old Halloween candyoild be last...after the dog.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those marshmallow Peeps. They will be on clearance after Easter. The damned things never break down.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a kid I are too much of my chocolate/ peanut butter Easter bunny. To this day I can’t stand the smell of a Reese’s peanut butter cup.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I scored fresh Salmon at the store yesterday AND they had rotisserie chickens

So we lived it up last night

more or less out of boredom we tried to make quick bread last night. Not sure what happened but my wife made bread soup instead.

so at the moment, her baking is the food of last resort.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako76

I keep quite a bit of SPAM on hand, but only the hickory smoke stuff. I don't care much for the others unless I'm starving.

I ate sardines as a kid, but hate them now. Kippered herring is okay in small quantities. But I have several cases of canned (jarred) salmon on hand that I've put up over the past few seasons. Most of it is kippered with the remainder being skinless/boneless with a commercial salt pellet added before packing the jars.

I can have salmon salad sammiches, pound out patties and fry or mac-n-cheese salmon casserole.

more or less out of boredom we tried to make quick bread last night. Not sure what happened but my wife made bread soup instead.

Fresh from where? I suspect they have been previously frozen from last year if they're wild-caught. If they are truly fresh, they're likely farmed.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Back to those Brussel Sprouts. Great recipe here.
Chunk up a pound of bacon and fry it up. Remove the bacon and part of the drippings then add in a bag of brussel sprouts and a small amount of chopped onion. Brown the veggies and then add the browned bacon back to it.
Makes an excellent dish. Serve with a side of potato of choice and you have a pretty good meal.
Making myself hungry.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Back to those Brussel Sprouts. Great recipe here.
Chunk up a pound of bacon and fry it up. Remove the bacon and part of the drippings then add in a bag of brussel sprouts and a small amount of chopped onion. Brown the veggies and then add the browned bacon back to it.
Makes an excellent dish. Serve with a side of potato of choice and you have a pretty good meal.
Making myself hungry.
Les

With all that bacon you could substitute 'dog sheit' for brussel sprouts and probably still have a good dish.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Sako76

I keep quite a bit of SPAM on hand, but only the hickory smoke stuff. I don't care much for the others unless I'm starving.

I ate sardines as a kid, but hate them now. Kippered herring is okay in small quantities. But I have several cases of canned (jarred) salmon on hand that I've put up over the past few seasons. Most of it is kippered with the remainder being skinless/boneless with a commercial salt pellet added before packing the jars.

I can have salmon salad sammiches, pound out patties and fry or mac-n-cheese salmon casserole.

Fresh from where? I suspect they have been previously frozen from last year if they're wild-caught. If they are truly fresh, they're likely farmed.

yea, the sign said locally farmed

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

445 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,672
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.