Am concerned but not worried.
Just hope for the best.

Just kinda makes other stuff not get ya wound up

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
There’s been some pretty hot exchanges between some here who think that this whole Co virus thing is a hoax and those who think it is real and deadly.

I’m in the second group.

So, who here will step up - now - and call it all a bunch of
Bullscchhitt ?

We have raised our response level from "she's right mate" to "she'll be right mate"...though I did hear a "what...you are [bleep] me" just yesterday.

Victoria is closing non essential business and schools on Tuesday and looking at closing all interstate travel, my daughter will be back home tomorrow for the duration.

We will be right though as we can always wander out and get a couple of killers from a local farmer.

Has anyone noticed that this would be an excellent time for an aggressive nation to expand their territory?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got a call early this morning from a dear friend. His wife passed away earlier this morning, she had been in failing health.

Upon getting her to the Emergency Room he was made to leave and told to wait outside the hospital and they took his cell phone number. He went to the parking garage and waited for hours and got the text that she had passed. He called me from the parking garage.

He was not allowed to enter the hospital to see her and spend final private moments with his life’s partner.

As of an hour ago the funeral home can’t tell the family anything related to what the service for her might hold.

I write this in case others here may possibly have a similar situation and as to what you might expect should the worst come to pass.

My gosh, what a sad day 😕. I hope he had family around.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
There’s been some pretty hot exchanges between some here who think that this whole Co virus thing is a hoax and those who think it is real and deadly.

I’m in the second group.

Bullscchhitt ?

We have raised our response level from "she's right mate" to "she'll be right mate"...though I did hear a "what...you are [bleep] me" just yesterday.

Victoria is closing non essential business and schools on Tuesday and looking at closing all interstate travel, my daughter will be back home tomorrow for the duration.

We will be right though as we can always wander out and get a couple of killers from a local farmer.

Has anyone noticed that this would be an excellent time for an aggressive nation to expand their territory?

Just now I’ve noticed that our favorite Australian is back 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
I wonder why People with AIDS weren't quarantined and sequestered when it was discovered to be incurable, fatal, and at that time was confined in a very careless and identified population. While I'm sure sneezing doesn't readily spread aids it was known to be contagious and readily transmissible. In 2018 there were about 38,000,000 infected people worldwide who are recruiting way over a million new cases a year. And this is a disease that kills without very expensive lifelong treatment. Treatment which only arrests symptoms and leaves the patient feeling good enough to get out without restriction and spread the joy. This corona thing I guess doesn't bring stigma on a protected group and is being used as a basis to destroy a world economy even though over 90 % will survive just fine and by the time it's over the human race will be immune and probably richer if we wouldn't up our national mortgage to mollify a bunch of scaredy cat people.

The reason the guys were not quarantined for aids is that it took quite a long time to figure out the first symptom, "that constant pounding in their a s s" grin laugh

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Death count in Italy today was 627. I think yesterday was 375 & that was the highest to date. Give it a couple of weeks------we'll make those numbers look mall.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions,0.8% of the total deaths, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Does that make the fatalities irrelevant? Those lives lost too soon are of no consequence? It is wrong to strive to slow that same loss of life in America?

Death is inevitable.....our understanding of death isn’t. However if we understand the virus and are able to identify those that are most susceptible to it we are better able to target the most vulnerable groups. By targeting the most vulnerable and providing them with the tools needed to combat it (by not contracting it) we prove that those lives are anything but “irrelevant” and that they are of great consequence to us. The efforts that have gone into saving lives and preventing its spread have shown how much we value every life, from the unborn to the elderly at the end of their life, every life is a gift from God.

Highlighting the truth behind the statistics does NOT diminish those deaths but it does show the truth about those deaths that were merely a statistic until broken down. The facts as outlined above are significant indicators that this virus isn’t the fatal blow to society as we know it. It doesn’t appear to severely affect healthy adults and it appears to have even LESS impact on the young. That’s a GOOD THING! Since most every fatality had significant underlying medical issues and the average age of the victims were several years past the average life expectancy it shows that this virus doesn’t seem to stand up to a healthy immune system. It’s quite literally the type of disease that thins the herd by preying on the weak. These are the most fragile of fragile patients and the truth is that if there wasn’t a worldwide panic currently underway their death would be expected and “normal”. That is in no way meant to diminish the loss of the loved ones nor is it intended as an insult, it’s simply the truth about nature doing what nature does.

Damn good post. Old Toot says we can’t talk about immune systems though . That doesn’t jive with CNN 🤣

I believe that it’s you trying to distance yourself from the “immune “ issues and your refusal to acknowledge your rather stupid statements here on this thread and I’m being kind to you.

There’s been much good info as it relates to how this virus vs immune works or doesn’t work.

Bufoon

Says the clown and noted Immunologist.

Tell us more, Doctor.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I don’t think it’s a hoax.

But blown out of proportion....

Why not all this back with the ZeroBama was battlin H1n1?

What would be the proper proportion?

FYI, H1N1 was nothing like this.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Got a call early this morning from a dear friend. His wife passed away earlier this morning, she had been in failing health.

Upon getting her to the Emergency Room he was made to leave and told to wait outside the hospital and they took his cell phone number. He went to the parking garage and waited for hours and got the text that she had passed. He called me from the parking garage.

He was not allowed to enter the hospital to see her and spend final private moments with his life’s partner.

As of an hour ago the funeral home can’t tell the family anything related to what the service for her might hold.

I write this in case others here may possibly have a similar situation and as to what you might expect should the worst come to pass.

My gosh, what a sad day 😕. I hope he had family around.

Birdie the funeral parlors are apparently holding all of the deceased on cold storage for the time being. What this family and others are electing to do is cremation. In this process the immediate family is given time to view and spend direct time with their deceased loved one before cremation occurs.

Once cremation is complete, the ashes are placed in a urn and given to the family. From there it seems that Priest, Ministers, etc. are performing graveside services for immediate family or the families elect to simply hold the ashes for a later Memorial Service after this threat has been considered to have passed and crowds can reconvene.

My friends have elected to do the hold and then Memorial Service route.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

I’m in the second group.

Bullscchhitt ?

Good to see you back, Man

Your last paragraph,,,,,,h’mmmm. Food for thought.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

I’m in the second group.

Bullscchhitt ?

OAN just reported a few minutes ago that Oz has 7 deaths now.
Being a nation with a favourable outdoor climate and declining smoking habits, I am starting to wonder if a nations general health may be a bigger factor than currently portrayed?
I also saw reported that Italy's deaths (by comparison) are mostly elderly men with smoking and respiratory issues being the most susceptible.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman

Bufoon

Its a genetic gift and he's might proud of it.

My genetic gift is not suffering fools gladly. That’d be you two peas in a pod.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1. This is madness. Where we used to have half the folks in this country act as men, most are now just hysterical women.

2. Trump and many of the worthless world leaders have decided on a multi-trillion dollar "solution" (world wide depression) to a multi-billion dollar problem.

3. The actions taken and mandated will cause many more deaths than the Kung Flu ever will. Most people (like many in this thread) can think neither in terms of trade-offs nor in terms of 2nd & 3rd order effects.

https://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=20094

https://api.spreaker.com/v2/episodes/24078107/download.mp3

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jfruser
1. This is madness. Where we used to have half the folks in this country act as men, most are now just hysterical women.

2. Trump and many of the worthless world leaders have decided on a multi-trillion dollar "solution" (world wide depression) to a multi-billion dollar problem.

3. The actions taken and mandated will cause many more deaths than the Kung Flu ever will. Most people (like many in this thread) can think neither in terms of trade-offs nor in terms of 2nd & 3rd order effects.

https://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=20094

https://api.spreaker.com/v2/episodes/24078107/download.mp3

Might have something to do with valid concerns for an aging population and folks who have pre-existing conditions.

But,,,,listening to some of you guys, the fuggers were gonna die anyhow so what’s the fuss about.

Right ?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Might have something to do with valid concerns for an aging population and folks who have pre-existing conditions.

But,,,,listening to some of you guys, the fuggers were gonna die anyhow so what’s the fuss about.

Right ?
If they don't take care of themselves, what do you want to force us to do?

Politics is War by Other Means
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Right ?
If they don't take care of themselves, what do you want to force us to do?

Are you sayin that they’re ALL cases of bad choices in life ?

Ain’t nobody forcing you in any way. Further, I don’t want folks like you to do jackscchhitt. That’s what doctors and clinics and hospitals are for.

Fair question. How old are you?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Quit picking in Tyrone . That’s mean , Big Toot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Typical Jewish debate tactic. You ask a question, they pretend they didn't understand it, and that you'd asked something entirely different.

Arguing with them is always a waste of time Tyrone, a Jew cannot be parted from his opinions. You must part them from your company.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Typical Jewish debate tactic. You ask a question, they pretend they didn't understand it, and that you'd asked something entirely different.

Arguing with them is always a waste of time Tyrone, a Jew cannot be parted from his opinions. You must part them from your company.

Consider us parted, Sticks.

Strange. I didn’t know that I’m Jewish.

By the way, turd, did you have a question or just little snippets of your stupid assed, assumative, lack of smarts. Had you the simple capacity to read and retain you’d have seen that I answered Brother Tyrone’s question in full.

Were you Jewish you wouldn’t be so fuggin dumb.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Quit picking in Tyrone . That’s mean , Big Toot.

Actually, I like both of you guys. We just differ on some things is all.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Death count in Italy today was 627. I think yesterday was 375 & that was the highest to date. Give it a couple of weeks------we'll make those numbers look mall.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions,0.8% of the total deaths, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Does that make the fatalities irrelevant? Those lives lost too soon are of no consequence? It is wrong to strive to slow that same loss of life in America?

Death is inevitable.....our understanding of death isn’t. However if we understand the virus and are able to identify those that are most susceptible to it we are better able to target the most vulnerable groups. By targeting the most vulnerable and providing them with the tools needed to combat it (by not contracting it) we prove that those lives are anything but “irrelevant” and that they are of great consequence to us. The efforts that have gone into saving lives and preventing its spread have shown how much we value every life, from the unborn to the elderly at the end of their life, every life is a gift from God.

Highlighting the truth behind the statistics does NOT diminish those deaths but it does show the truth about those deaths that were merely a statistic until broken down. The facts as outlined above are significant indicators that this virus isn’t the fatal blow to society as we know it. It doesn’t appear to severely affect healthy adults and it appears to have even LESS impact on the young. That’s a GOOD THING! Since most every fatality had significant underlying medical issues and the average age of the victims were several years past the average life expectancy it shows that this virus doesn’t seem to stand up to a healthy immune system. It’s quite literally the type of disease that thins the herd by preying on the weak. These are the most fragile of fragile patients and the truth is that if there wasn’t a worldwide panic currently underway their death would be expected and “normal”. That is in no way meant to diminish the loss of the loved ones nor is it intended as an insult, it’s simply the truth about nature doing what nature does.

Damn good post. Old Toot says we can’t talk about immune systems though . That doesn’t jive with CNN 🤣

I believe that it’s you trying to distance yourself from the “immune “ issues and your refusal to acknowledge your rather stupid statements here on this thread and I’m being kind to you.

There’s been much good info as it relates to how this virus vs immune works or doesn’t work.

Bufoon

Says the clown and noted Immunologist.

Tell us more, Doctor.

You're a waste of time

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,455
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.