Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Tradmark
As a physician i am embarrassed by my colleagues. Simple fact is the cruise ships are our 100% testing site. Only place everyone got tested. Death rate is lower than the flu. Older average age on the cruise ships than the general population. The stats are being twisted.

Thats not a very popular viewpoint. You arent going to get invited to the cool swanky Dr parties if yo keep that sort of talk up.

;-)

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If half a million in the US die from this, I will be very very surprised
Kid out

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Doubt you guys had it back in January. It's fairly well contagious - the stats would've gone ballistic much earlier.

"Acute Bronchitis" was wide spread and rampant across lots of TX, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico back then. Doubt you'd know that being halfway around the world from here.

I meant Covid-19, I doubt you guys had that then. I don't doubt "acute bronchitis" but I doubt it was brought on by Covid-19 back then. There's always lurgies out there - can't assume you had something unless you know for sure.

I've had a dry non-productive cough for about 5-6 months now but otherwise feel fine, could be my hypertension medication catching up with me.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kid0917
If half a million in the US die from this, I will be very very surprised
Kid out

Will you be surprised if "only" 250,000 die?

125K?
62.5K?

50,000?

What's the surprise point?

GEno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would venture to guess that a lot of people have already had it and gotten over it months ago.

Then where were the associated deaths of their aged or infirm family members?

The same place they are today.

The tiny percentage of people that die.

The one stat that's hard to manipulate.

The death rate that isn't exponential.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Doubt you guys had it back in January. It's fairly well contagious - the stats would've gone ballistic much earlier.

"Acute Bronchitis" was wide spread and rampant across lots of TX, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and New Mexico back then. Doubt you'd know that being halfway around the world from here.

I meant Covid-19, I doubt you guys had that then. I don't doubt "acute bronchitis" but I doubt it was brought on by Covid-19 back then. There's always lurgies out there - can't assume you had something unless you know for sure.

I've had a dry non-productive cough for about 5-6 months now but otherwise feel fine, could be my hypertension medication catching up with me.

Lisinopril?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

So who are you to know more than the renowned epidemiologists and statisticians advising Pres Trump?

Yet you had no issue with radically rewriting the medical statute definition of 'terminally ill'.

which renown medical professionals did you confer with?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Just a simple fact that 21 million cell phone accounts were cancelled. I think the China lies.

?

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Needless to say I'll never eat boiled bat again. shocked

See, now thats pretty funny right there.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

lisinopril? Did it to me and switched

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Stickfight
What do you think they did with the 21 million bodies?

"The seven funeral homes in the city of Wuhan were reported to be burning bodies 24 hours a day seven days a week in late January. Hubei Province has used 40 mobile cremators . . . since Feb. 16."

Full article here:
China May Have Massively Underreported Coronavirus Deaths

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It looks like the Chinese govt is not on the fence about the seriousness of the virus.

My wife left China 4 years ago. Her son, in Fushun China, called the other day and said the police had contacted him. They wanted to know if his mother was still in the US, if she had any known illness, and if she had any plans of returning to China.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwall
Scott said, ^^^^^

" As of today, current covid-19 mortality rate worldwide is 6%. The estimate for influenza mortality rate in the USA is .1%. USA covid-19 mortality rate is currently 3%."
-------------------------------------------

<** 2. World Wide Death from Covid is 4292 .** ( ADD 4292 is NOT 6% of world population.) [/b]

3 The CDC says that AT LEAST 20,000 have died from FLU.

Just saw this.

Yep, my bad. I used mortality rate when I should have used case fatality rate.

Note that the global case fatality rate, as of today 3/23, is 13%. So, a doubling.

In my defense however, even WHO officials were using the term "mortality rate" when they should have been using case fatality rate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"...even WHO officials were using the term "mortality rate" when they should have been using case fatality rate..."

Yes, true dat

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
.....WHO officials were using the term "mortality rate" when they should have been using case fatality rate.
They are professionals after all. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Only way to know if you had The Covid-19 and got over it without being identified, tested and confirmed while infected is to have an Anti-Body test done. Ain't no one gonna waste time and money on that right now.

I had a low grade fever, packed chest and dry unproductive cough for almost two weeks in January. Took another two weeks before I felt somewhat normal again.

Both my young 20 something daughters were home for the holidays before that and got sick between Christmas and New Years.

We all had our flu shots in the Fall.

I would suspect if that had been the Covid-19 then we would have seen a much higher surge in this county which is currently at 45 confirmed with two deaths six weeks ago.

I wonder if we may have had a mild case of flu mitigated by having had the flu shot?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"...even WHO officials were using the term "mortality rate" when they should have been using case fatality rate..."

Yes, true dat

Just like guys here use the word "shell" instead of "cartridge" . . . .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rabst

"The seven funeral homes in the city of Wuhan were reported to be burning bodies 24 hours a day seven days a week in late January. Hubei Province has used 40 mobile cremators . . . since Feb. 16."

Full article here:

That would be about 750 bodies per hour per cremator. sounds pretty crowded, to me,
just my .02.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Only way to know if you had The Covid-19 and got over it without being identified, tested and confirmed while infected is to have an Anti-Body test done. Ain't no one gonna waste time and money on that right now.

I had a low grade fever, packed chest and dry unproductive cough for almost two weeks in January. Took another two weeks before I felt somewhat normal again.

Both my young 20 something daughters were home for the holidays before that and got sick between Christmas and New Years.

We all had our flu shots in the Fall.

I would suspect if that had been the Covid-19 then we would have seen a much higher surge in this county which is currently at 45 confirmed with two deaths six weeks ago.

I wonder if we may have had a mild case of flu mitigated by having had the flu shot?

would that even be a possibility? wink

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by rabst

Full article here:

That would be about 750 bodies per hour per cremator. sounds pretty crowded, to me,
just my .02.....

If you'd read the article, you would have discovered that they don't attribute every cell phone cancellation to a dead body. Because of travel restrictions, and the economic downturn, many Chinese would have a reason to have cancelled an extra cell phone, had they owned two to begin with. But, it does seem that cell phone ownership in the People's Republic is mandatory, and it is not beyond the realm of possibilities that China is continuing to lie. If some small fraction of that 21 million is, in fact, due to unreported fatalities, it certainly wouldn't surprise.

Having said that, I think it foolish to give any credibility to Chinese reporting during this pandemic.

South Korea, on the other hand, is probably a much more reliable source of information. The fact that the Koreans, at least from what I have read, have not shut down businesses, nor closed schools, and yet have managed to somewhat contain viral spread, is encouraging. Perhaps we should be following their model: social distancing and regular temperature checks, but continuing to lead their lives as otherwise normally as they can.

Last edited by rabst; 03/23/20.
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

314 members (3333vl, 470Evans, 257 mag, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 39 invisible), 1,942 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,497
Posts18,472,188
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.