Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MILES58
[quote=JTman]

Lisinopril gave you a dry non-productive cough? Just curious and I know it can affect everyone different but I've been taking 20mg/day for over 10 years with no issues.

That is a very common, very well known side effect of lisinopril. I took lisinopril for less than 2 weeks and had a really bad case of the coughs and it lingered for almost a month after I quit taking it.
[/quote
I also have a dry cough from the medication, it is one of the side effects.

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Almost all the of ones who have died have been in "long term care facilities" (that means places they weren't going to get out of alive.

Hospitals and doctors are busy with hypochondriacs that really wish they had this bug...but don't.

Don't you think the media would be stumbling over themselves to show people dying in the streets?

Where are the sick people?

Unfortunately Lt, they are coming.

Look at NYC as a valid depiction of the future. And New York is no where even close to the top of the bell curve yet. As Cuomo cries " What are we going to do with 400 ventilators? We need 30,000".

You keep moving the goalposts.

You posted that the death rate would be exponential. It isn't.

You posted that those admitted to the hospital would increase exponentially. It didn't.

You posted that the cold virus was more deadly than the flu. It isn't.

Hospitalization rate is linear.

Death rate is linear.

Fatality rate below 1%.

Everything you've posted has been wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
[quote=JTman]

Lisinopril gave you a dry non-productive cough? Just curious and I know it can affect everyone different but I've been taking 20mg/day for over 10 years with no issues.[/quote

That is a very common, very well known side effect of lisinopril. I took lisinopril for less than 2 weeks and had a really bad case of the coughs and it lingered for almost a month after I quit taking it.

I find it odd too, as I've been taking it for 6 yrs now, 20mg a day, no problemo.

I take 40mg. Occasional cough but not bad.

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Almost all the of ones who have died have been in "long term care facilities" (that means places they weren't going to get out of alive.

Hospitals and doctors are busy with hypochondriacs that really wish they had this bug...but don't.

Don't you think the media would be stumbling over themselves to show people dying in the streets?

Look at NYC as a valid depiction of the future. And New York is no where even close to the top of the bell curve yet. As Cuomo cries " What are we going to do with 400 ventilators? We need 30,000".

You posted that those admitted to the hospital would increase exponentially. It didn't.

Death rate is linear.

Fatality rate below 1%.

Fuba Rski MD 1
Idaho Shooter 0

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Got my bud's uncle yesterday.
Think proly close to 80.
Dunno if he had other probs.
Suspect smoker (whole fam is).

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You keep moving the goalposts..

Somewhere along the way through his streams of constantly regurgitated pandemic predictions he
hedged his bets by slipping in convenient clauses.

.. He said it will peak in 3-4 months... then just
the Next day or so.. . he changed it out to 8 months!

How can one know so little about a novel virus,
but make such bold sudden and radical changes
to predictions?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are none so blind, as those that will not see.

For those of you with an open mind, take two minutes to look at this page:

Worldometer Coronavirus USA stats

Current deaths in the USA - 695
Current recovered - 370
Cases without outcome - about 52,300. Just under 1200 of those are serious cases

Take a look at all of the graphs. Total cases, total deaths, new cases per day, new deaths per day. All those graphs are on linear scales - but the values being graphed are not rising linearly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Death rate is linear.

Fatality rate below 1%.

Fuba Rski MD 1
Idaho Shooter 0

Well, except for the fact that Fubarski is wrong on the death rate. And the case fatality rate. Not sure on hospitalization rate.

See the Worldometer USA coronavirus page I linked to above.

Don't panic and scream that the sky is falling, but very especially do not believe "I survived Covid-19 last November". See the data and analyse for yourself.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
BSometer's been havin problems lately.

Problems in not bein able to keep the hysteria goin.

They had ta kill their graphs on the USA page at least, because they had exponential erection dysfunction.

They flattened out.

Easy to make things look exponential, when the numbers are small.

But they never took off like the liberals would like, so the graphs hadda go.

Recovered?

BSometer site still shows the Diamond Princess, and the other cruise ship cases as active, but none recovered.

None.

Months later.

Not possible.

1200 serious cases in the entire USA.

Tiny percentage of total cases, which as always is unknown, not the bullshit "confirmed" number they use in their calculation.

And NY needs 40,000 ventilators.

Like a true liberal, call BS on my post, but can't respond with an intelligent argument.

Claim my numbers are wrong, post your own calculations and numbers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
although they did their damndest to scare the schit out of America with lies and propaganda, they themselves knew it was less of a danger than the common flu.

Are you kidding me? It's both more infectious AND substantially more lethal.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

One word: Italy.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JTman

Lisinopril gave you a dry non-productive cough? Just curious and I know it can affect everyone different but I've been taking 20mg/day for over 10 years with no issues.

Thank you, I'd never heard that before.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Fire members could argue Covid denominators and possibilities forever at this point, but one thing is inarguable:

If Poosey's on your side, you gotta admit you need to rethink your position.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Goosey

One word: Italy.

Italy? OK

They have nearly twice as much percentage of their population over age 65 compared to the US. (22 %vs. 13%)plus they are all living on top of each other (500 people per square mile vs 100 people per square mile ) compared to the U.S. . Their healthcare system is socialized which means lesser quality.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Thank you, I'd never heard that before.

It's called ACE cough. Usually shows it's head in the late afternoon if you take your meds in the am. There are other alternatives if it's a bother.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BamBam
[quote=JTman]

[/quote
I also have a dry cough from the medication, it is one of the side effects.

+1
Moved on from it a few years ago.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Italy?

If you kiss everyone you meet on both cheeks, bad things are bound to happen.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Italy's levelled off, and on the way down.

Never got exponential, in any event.

Liberal disinterest is the only thing growin exponential bout Italy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Every person on this board with an IQ above 60 knew exactly what my meaning was...

Why so few of them post, that’s the question.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There are many, many factors that go into epidemiological modeling. No two hotspots are exactly alike. There are generalizations and there are strong mitigating factors that influence each particular subset. Wuhan isn't exactly like Northern Italy, which isn't like NYC, yet the similarities are cause for concern. Throw in the fact that China may not be very forthcoming with the truth and it skews everything.

So look at history. 1918 flu to be exact. Tale of two cities, Philadelphia and St. Louis. Philly had a parade with over 200K in spite of the fact that the SF was raging among returning soldiers. Within 72 hours hospitals were full and a few days later 2600 were dead. St. L basically shut the city down. Death rate was 1/8th of Phillys.

You might say we have better medicine and infrastructure today. That's true, but we also have far more efficient travel - plane. car, rail. Larger populace, etc. Spanish Flu also had 3 waves. If we're lucky, we'll only have 2. Social distancing can buy time for medical personnel to treat patients and researchers to get out a vaccine and also find meds for those who are actively infected. Italy didn't get that time and NYC is running out of it.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (1OntarioJim, 41rem, 16penny, 35, afisher, 10 invisible), 1,616 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,494
Posts18,472,105
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.