Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, she finally came out and said it during yesterdays's debates. If she's elected president, butt-pirates and bull-diesels will be allowed to serve openly. First her husband gave us females in combat and now this. Glad I'm retiring next year. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Jorge---I think you should re-up and provide those new alternative-lifestyled troops some leadership!!

Last edited by isaac; 06/04/07.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Might cause problems when you tell a soldier to go and retrieve the Hummer...

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In theory, it sounds easy. But in practice, unless they change the rules about showering with the opposite sex, it will be hard to implement. After all, allowing homosexuals to shower together, or with a gender they 'appreciate', is the same as allowing men and women to shower together.

In many countries, that's not a big deal. But 'mom and pop' America are not ready to send their sons and daughter into that type of environment.

Recruiting goals will suffer.

Brian

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't know what your problem is Jorge.

Think about it - the "men" wear heavy black boots, heavy gear, full sets of weapons, have face paint and dress in full camo.

The "men-lite" could wear white deck shoes, carry fanny packs, own [bleep], wear make-up and dress in pink.

I couldn't think of anything more likely to put terror into the hearts of religious fundamentalists than that.

Why would they want to fit in with a bunch of grunts? As Robin Williams said in a fake interview "Good Morning Vietnam" "This camo doesn't do a thing for me - if you're going to war - make a statement - clash!"

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Female presence alters male behavior. In combat, this is not conducive to the United States of America's goal of killing [bleep] and breaking things, when needed to win the war/battle.

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Dems have a long history of [bleep] on the US military. She'd try it for sure. Hard to say how it would actually play out.

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well, she finally came out and said it during yesterdays's debates. If she's elected president, butt-pirates and bull-diesels will be allowed to serve openly. First her husband gave us females in combat and now this. Glad I'm retiring next year. jorge

smile I feel for you man! I am glad I retired years ago. Open homosexuality will bring the volunteer armed forces to a standstill. Then the draft will certainly have to be implemented by the Democrats, because straight men and women will be getting out of the military in droves.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
This kind of crap really pisses me off. I wonder if they are planning on putting a homo only berthing on ships for all the pole smokers and carpet munchers. It's bad enough with the don't ask don't tell policy. I just re-enlisted and it's the last one for me. I'm done at 20.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
When you think of George Washington and his standards of honor it really brings Hillary-sodomite into perspective.

She can vow any thing she wants but it seems to me the UCMJ would have to be ammended. I am not sure how that is done. Who the heck wrote it in the first place?

When Lawrence vs Texas went down, I thought for sure someone would take a long hard look at the UCMJ but I never saw it come up in the news. Sodomites may be punished as a court martial may direct... I suppose in theory you could hang the buggers.

If Hilary becomes lesbo commander in chief then I would have to think that active duty officers would have to take a long hard look at their conscience and their oath and the UCMJ and make some hard decisions... enlisted dudes too.

Man! think of it... George Washington encouraged church attendance among the soldiers and tried to suppress cursing and gambling. Made em all stand at attention to listen to the Declaration of Independence. When I think of noble men like him, the Father of our country... the thought of Hilary makes me want to vomit.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rogue
The Dems have a long history of [bleep] on the US military. She'd try it for sure. Hard to say how it would actually play out.

Many of the cars I see that have "Say no to war" bumper stickers are the same ones that have a "wouldn't it be nice if the Air Force had to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber?" bumper stickers. The "[b]we support our troops but not the war"[/b] is a blatant lie from the left. They get in and you'll really see a shell of a military and what's left will likely surrender to the Duchy of Grand Fenwick just to get it all over with.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Just one more reason not to vote for Hillary...as if we needed more...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pugs

what's left will likely surrender to the Duchy of Grand Fenwick just to get it all over with.

wink

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a big switch from when I was in the Navy. Back then, from what I was told, if two guys got caught homoin' they would be removed from the ship immediately. If they couldn't do that they would be secured under guard. That was for their protection, 2000 miles is a long way to do the back stroke.

But I guess society has "progressed" since then.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Claiming your gay or being a homo won't get you out of the Army any longer. It was just too easy to say that and get your automatic discharge. So, in reality, there are lots of homosexuals serving in the military right now. Whether you think it is right, wrong, or you are indifferent, that is a fact. In many ways it has become and will increasingly become a manpower issue.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Claiming your gay or being a homo won't get you out of the Army any longer. It was just too easy to say that and get your automatic discharge. So, in reality, there are lots of homosexuals serving in the military right now. Whether you think it is right, wrong, or you are indifferent, that is a fact. In many ways it has become and will increasingly become a manpower issue.

You pretty much have to catch them smokin a pole before you can get rid of them now. The Military will continue changing and It's only going to get worse.

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You have no idea....the new "gentler and kinder navy" (note the lower case letter and the same goes for all the other services) is nothing but an attempt at political correctness coupled with a moronic idea to run it like a corporation. Discipline is virtually non-existent, and all the other traditions like Crossing the Line Cermony and CHief Initiation are just social gatherings. Sue we still have lots of good people, airplanes and ships, but the esprit de corps and the brotherhood Warrior Culture we had when I came in 27 years ago is long gone. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You have no idea....the new "gentler and kinder navy" (note the lower case letter and the same goes for all the other services) is nothing but an attempt at political correctness coupled with a moronic idea to run it like a corporation. Discipline is virtually non-existent, and all the other traditions like Crossing the Line Cermony and CHief Initiation are just social gatherings. Sue we still have lots of good people, airplanes and ships, but the esprit de corps and the brotherhood Warrior Culture we had when I came in 27 years ago is long gone. jorge

You hit the nail on the head. I ran the Crossing the Line ceremony last year and all it got me was an ass chewin. CPO inition/transition/hugging isn't worth the time anymore. Might as well just through them their anchors. You try and counsel a sailor they go and cry to legal or the EO. The Navy went PC and it's not going to change.
Clint

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You are all happy to be retiring heck I'm just happy to be old with not many years left. I'm also happy not have any children. Rome er I mean the US is over it just doesn't know it yet. The US will be out of business by the end of the century if not sooner. Last one out be sure to turn the lights off. sick

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Homo's should go back in the closet and lock the door.....[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.