Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
...I don't wanna be a boat rebuilder...

Then make your purchase contingent on having the boat inspected by a professional.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal

Then make your purchase contingent on having the boat inspected by a professional.

Curious as to the cost and how to go about that?

In reality, there are a couple of boats I'm interested in. And despite the cautions about crestliner boats and potential transom issues I'm leaning that way. Found a boat 3 hours from the house that I intend to look at this weekend.

If I buy the Crestliner, I'll have a relatively care free boat to learn on. And If I then turned around, bought the Privateer and parked it at a relatives place in Alabama, I'd have a boat to use inshore there.

And I'd still be under the price of any new boat...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal

...If I buy the Crestliner...And If I then turned around, bought the Privateer and parked it at a relatives place in Alabama...I'd still be under the price of any new boat...

Then you should have your head examined by a professional. smile First, unless you had a lot of cash to spend, you should not consider a new boat. Second, 1 used boat you could rationalize. 2 used boats, one of which you don't even have room to store yourself, would be crazy.

As far as getting a pre-purchase inspection, find a local boat repair expert and pay him for an hour or so of his time.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[quote=pal

Then you should have your head examined by a professional. smile
This is a given for all who post on the 'fire.

First, unless you had a lot of cash to spend, you should not consider a new boat.
Didn't really have it to spend, but if I'd skimmed some investment funds and bought a boat a month ago I'd have lost that much less than I did.

Second, 1 used boat you could rationalize. 2 used boats, one of which you don't even have room to store yourself, would be crazy.
I want one for the local rivers where I live, and one for coastal inshore use, where they live. And I may acquire a place there before too long.

As far as getting a pre-purchase inspection, find a local boat repair expert and pay him for an hour or so of his time.[/quote]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 53 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,911
Posts18,498,251
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.