Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I buy from Colorado Gold. There is a minimum but the prices are best.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Silver eagles
Gold eagles

NO and NO

First off metals have never outpaced the Markets. Second coins are a sellers dream. If you want to invest in metals do it in either stocks, funds, or ETF's.

If you can't hold it in your hands, you don't own it. You only own a contract.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Stopped by my local coin dealer
Eagles were $24.00 with spot at $12.00 and change

He said -- that is what it will cost to replace them---

I passed!

Smart. Go to APMEX. Much better prices.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Buy gold that is currency, it is not taxable. A buddy has been heavily invested in gold and silver coin, he missed out on the greatest stock market run and drop. We'll see if it comes back, I'm betting it will.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska
What would you consider a good price above spot for silver eagles and with precious metals following the market up and down I understand there's no "time" to buy but what would be the best conditions under which to make a purchase (in general)?

Ignore the spot price. The paper markets that set spot are highly manipulated. If this keeps up the Comex will crash. The reason the dealers are sold out and metal is selling above spot means the paper market is currently irrelevant.

Another thing to consider is silver to gold value. Back when gold and silver were considered money that ratio was about 20 to 1. Today it is approx. 120 to 1, silver is way undervalued.

Silver is way more volatile than gold and has been for a long time.

The advice to hold metal stocks or ETF's is horrible advice, it is paper contracts on metal that has been sold to several different people.

The purpose of metal is not to grow your wealth but to preserve it.

It serves this function best during times of uncertainty, like what is going on now.

You will start hearing how our system is a Ponzi scheme that needs constant growth to stay viable, pay attention to those authors.

Printing trillions more for bail outs on top of the trillions of debt will lead to inflation.

We are currently in a deflationary crisis like non in history, inflation will follow.

The machine is very close to being irreparably broken, plan accordingly

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I use to work for Blanchard in th 80s. Good people. Mike Fuljenz worked there at the same time and he was the go to knowledge guy. He is off on his own now at Universal Coin. Might be a good place to start with either of those.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Nebraska
What would you consider a good price above spot for silver eagles and with precious metals following the market up and down I understand there's no "time" to buy but what would be the best conditions under which to make a purchase (in general)?

Ignore the spot price. The paper markets that set spot are highly manipulated. If this keeps up the Comex will crash. The reason the dealers are sold out and metal is selling above spot means the paper market is currently irrelevant.

Another thing to consider is silver to gold value. Back when gold and silver were considered money that ratio was about 20 to 1. Today it is approx. 120 to 1, silver is way undervalued.

Silver is way more volatile than gold and has been for a long time.

The advice to hold metal stocks or ETF's is horrible advice, it is paper contracts on metal that has been sold to several different people.

The purpose of metal is not to grow your wealth but to preserve it.

It serves this function best during times of uncertainty, like what is going on now.

You will start hearing how our system is a Ponzi scheme that needs constant growth to stay viable, pay attention to those authors.

Printing trillions more for bail outs on top of the trillions of debt will lead to inflation.

We are currently in a deflationary crisis like non in history, inflation will follow.

The machine is very close to being irreparably broken, plan accordingly
mike762?? That you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Hawkeye, no sock puppets for me ... yet smile

I do miss that guy though

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So I thought, I have stock in Freeport-McMoRan, So I thought should have some physical metal too.
Guess which is more valuable today? if F-M ever recovers I will liquidate and buy physical with the funds.
my only advice to anyone just getting into metals, buy some fractional's too. easier to spend then bars.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Easiest way for those of you with a brokerage account is GLD.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deerstalker
So I thought, I have stock in Freeport-McMoRan, So I thought should have some physical metal too.
Guess which is more valuable today? if F-M ever recovers I will liquidate and buy physical with the funds.
my only advice to anyone just getting into metals, buy some fractional's too. easier to spend then bars.

Silver dimes are awesome for that purpose, and can be had for very close to spot. You can get huge sacks full from APMEX.

I like 1964 Kennedy 90% silver half dollars, too, for fractionals. You can get them even closer to spot, usually, because few know that 1964 (and only 1964) Kennedy half dollars were minted 90% silver. After that, they were minted 40% silver till 1971, when they completely stopped using silver in any US coinage. Since few know this about 1964 Kennedy half dollars, there is less demand for them.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Freeport isn’t going anywhere but up long term.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ahh the dooms dayers, I have to hold it in my hand or it doesn't exist. LMAO

As for buying metal currency it certainly is taxable! Who is going to write you a check for $20K to however many $K and where are you going to deposit it? Good god it is easy to see who knows something and who is clueless.

Yes we are in a time of uncertainty and a situation never seen before. But just like every other this is the ONE, we will overcome it. The markets will recover, and this times like times past are were you make your money if you are positioned right.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Precious metals are whole different thing, think of it as wealth preservation in difficult times. A hedge so to speak. To put all of ones assets into a single commodity , stock etc... is a fools game.
In saving and investing diversity is your friend..... not so much in demographics.... wink

The thing about markets always recovering is the time factor, if you are 65 and your stock portfolio collapses time is not on your side. Even in really good times it takes about ten years of a bull market to recover deep loses.

Precious metals are simply a diversified hedge to offset those losses.... nothing more nothing less

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh and another thing if you get wealthy of of your P.M. investment the economy has collapsed

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Precious metals are whole different thing, think of it as wealth preservation in difficult times. A hedge so to speak. To put all of ones assets into a single commodity , stock etc... is a fools game.
In saving and investing diversity is your friend..... not so much in demographics.... wink

The thing about markets always recovering is the time factor, if you are 65 and your stock portfolio collapses time is not on your side. Even in really good times it takes about ten years of a bull market to recover deep loses.

Precious metals are simply a diversified hedge to offset those losses.... nothing more nothing less

Whoever is at that age and that heavy into the market either has a really bad financial advisor or is just plain dumb! It also doesn't take 10 years to recover, I recovered from the 2008 market in less then five.

Hell in 08 I bought shares of the Hartford at $6ish a share. Even in this dump today I am still well above water. Again the doomsdayers love to point out people doing stupid sh_t as defense for their bad advice. Smart investing is your own responsibility at 65 you should be in full swing asset protection. If you are doing well at 65 and are in full swing protection you can afford to dabble but you should know dam well your limits.

Seeing how everyone wants to use dooms day scenarios what 65 to 100 year old is going to carry a sack of silver and gold to be bartered or solid? Not to mention the crimes on the streets and protecting not only their self but their liquid silver and gold assets? Come on truth is historically metals never out pace the markets, and the markets always return. Like I said the sellers are the ones making money or Gold and silver. Anyways it's your money invest it how you want to.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 03/24/20.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Oh and another thing if you get wealthy of of your P.M. investment the economy has collapsed

You think? smile smile smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
PM's are like playing sucker bets in craps, Payouts look great but are never true odds/values. Add to it they are the least likely to happen in odds as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MCH,
Your points are valid of course. P.M.'s are simply another tool available in your financial tool chest. A thousand ways to skin this cat and everybody's situation, needs, time frame, risk tolerance etc.. are different.
I made a decisions years ago to avoid the stock market, watching it in free fall is fascinating but not personally terrifying, I do worry for our country though.

I am a little older than you therefore my needs and priorities are different. People need to educate themselves and make a decision that is right for them.

Again P.M.'s are simply another means to an end

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
MCH,
Your points are valid of course. P.M.'s are simply another tool available in your financial tool chest. A thousand ways to skin this cat and everybody's situation, needs, time frame, risk tolerance etc.. are different.
I made a decisions years ago to avoid the stock market, watching it in free fall is fascinating but not personally terrifying, I do worry for our country though.

I am a little older than you therefore my needs and priorities are different. People need to educate themselves and make a decision that is right for them.

Again P.M.'s are simply another means to an end

I never said they were not a available tool. I said those that are making money on it is the sellers. A better way is to own stocks, funds, and ETF's in PM's. There are many different ways that can be held and it doesn't require storing, transporting, or having to protect it. Add that the ROI has historically been better as well over coins and Bullion. I don't think you and I disagree all that much fiscally.

I have seen first hand just how bad the coin market is. I had a relative that had a rather large coin portfolio and also keep every receipt for well over 40 years on every piece bought. After searching high and low for the best cash out value it was a horrible turn out and that was when gold was well over $1K and silver was near $50.00. I was very lucky in the timing of it and it was by no means planned, I would rather have my relative back and have lost the value. My point is that that one peak saved a total disaster and yes we profited a small amount. Nothing close to what that money would have been if invested wisely in the market all those years.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 9 invisible), 963 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,091
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.