Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I bought almost $25,000 of Royal Dutch Shell b stock last Wednesday at $21.80 a share. I wanted to hold it like 15 years and reinvest the dividends. I was worried afterwards because it dropped to about $19.50 that same day. Today its $30.40 a share. Do I sell and make a quick $9,000 or stay with the plan?

I tried to buy Boeing that day at $89 too but my broker talked me out of it. Maybe it'll all hit new lows tomorrow. These wild swings tempt me to day trade a little.

Bb

I would bail out now. O&G is the worst place to be in the market now.

Hang in there BB.

And get a new Broker. That Boeing stock is worth almost twice that today! I wasn't trading the last few days, but If I'd have seen Boeing under $100, I would have bought.

I have picked up some O&G on the drop (OXY, MRO, etc.) and will hold 'em. They'll pay off.

Sure you can make some money on O&G but why? The O&G market sucks, and there are so many solid healthy companies in other sectors to invest in. To each their own for sure. But O&G is a bad place to be.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Sure you can make some money on O&G but why? The O&G market sucks, and there are so many solid healthy companies in other sectors to invest in. To each their own for sure. But O&G is a bad place to be.

I hear ya, Energy stocks are a small part of my portfolio at this point. I can't help but think there will be upside at the prices I'm in at.

I hate to sell anything at a loss.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I

I hear ya, Energy stocks are a small part of my portfolio at this point. I can't help but think there will be upside at the prices I'm in at.

I hate to sell anything at a loss.

A dangerous play that may pay off well is CHK. They once had their sh_t together and I made a little money off them. I got out thank god. But they are so depressed that even a little run could give a possible nice profit without a big investment. I AM NOT RECOMMENDING CHK!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Yes more than likely.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 03/25/20.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

OXY is up almost 22%, MRO up 12% in the first three hours of trading this morning.

This is why everyone needs to do their own homework.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought almost $25,000 of Royal Dutch Shell b stock last Wednesday at $21.80 a share. I wanted to hold it like 15 years and reinvest the dividends. I was worried afterwards because it dropped to about $19.50 that same day. Today its $30.40 a share. Do I sell and make a quick $9,000 or stay with the plan?

I tried to buy Boeing that day at $89 too but my broker talked me out of it. Maybe it'll all hit new lows tomorrow. These wild swings tempt me to day trade a little.

Bb

I would bail out now. O&G is the worst place to be in the market now.

I bailed today. I set an exit point of $33.50 and when it hit that I told the broker to sell. By the time he put the order in it had bumped down to $32.61. If I could have pulled the trigger myself I would have made about another $1000 on my 1102 shares of RDSb. I am pretty excited that I did net a bit over $11,000 in a week on one trade.

Edward Jones is not the place to trade stocks it cost me about $450 to buy those shares and $500 to sell. Although I was looking at Exxon originally and the broker suggested I look at shell too. I spent a week or more studying shell then waited for that down day last week and jumped in.

I need to set up an account somewhere with cheap trades that I can control. I hate making decisions based on high commissions and then waiting for someone else to put my orders in at these volatile times.

I've been playing a bit with some small money in Robinhood since yesterday. Free, almost instant traded but they don't do IRAs. Bought and sold a few already and I've got 12% more than I put in yesterday now. If anyone wants a free stock send me your cell number and I'll have Robinhood text you a link to sign up. We'll each get a free stock. I've found doing small trades there to be good learning.

I think I'm going to request most of my funds from ed Jones and get a cheaper ira started. I'll be out for about a week waiting for the check etc so maybe I'll do it in phases. I want to be ready for the next big panic sell off that I think still might happen but I'm new at this.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fabulous profit there, BB. Good for you!
But no way in hell I'd pay those broker premiums. Good lord.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Glad I bought GE at 5.95

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Fabulous profit there, BB. Good for you!
But no way in hell I'd pay those broker premiums. Good lord.

I know, I need to get my money out of there. My wife had an IRA there and was in a bunch of different American funds that she had already paid the 5.75% commission on so we left that money there. I had a smaller 401 from a past job that the broker talked me into rolling into another ira there. I mostly keep the small one parked in money markets.

They told me their trade fees were $50 on that size trade which I thought was high. Then when I did it I found there was an additional 1.8% commission. They don't like to mess with individual trades they like to push mutual funds with the 5.75% load/commission.

These high fees screw with your strategy. I wanted to pull the roughly $200,000 we have in American funds the day it first started to drop. Then they told us we'd have to pay 5.75% to get back into funds later so we stayed. If it was no load I would have parked them in s money market that day.

I've been warning my wife since middle of Jan we'd see a drop when the virus got here. Facing high commissions clouds my judgment. I almost didn't sell my stock today because of the commission. I might regret selling it later but today I'm just happy to make 11k. Especially since no one at my house is working now.

Bb

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It is mooning at the bell.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm going to open a fidelity IRA unless there's something better and transfer my money from ed jones.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm going to open a fidelity IRA unless there's something better and transfer my money from ed jones.

Bb

I'm not sure Fidelity trades like a regular brokerage with a 401k. I'm looking at TD Ameritrade for a couple of IRA owned LLC's .

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I'm not sure Fidelity trades like a regular brokerage with a 401k.

They do with Brokeragelink. There are some limitations like no shorts, options, etc. ad some limits on what can be traded, but overall it is pretty good.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think I've narrowed it down to fidelity or Schwab. Still leaning fidelity but I can't get anyone on the phone at either. They're both a bit busy these days.

Bb

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
TDAmeritrade IT dept. just screwed up their platform 2 weeks ago when they completely altered the buy/sell order system.

It used to be it was tucked away at the bottom, and when you clicked to bring it up, it’d cover the bottom 25% of the page, and you could still have your watchlist to watch everything, buy/ask prices current stock prices, hi/lo, vol.

Now, when you click to fill an order, it takes you to a complete separate page to fill, where you can NOT watch the current live numbers on your watch lists, so it forces you to trade in the blind. It is completely worthless.

The only way to see live, is pull up a separate browser from a site where you can watch the live pricing, and send your order when you see it is where you want it.

I can’t believe they screwed it up. I think they did it on purpose to create some type of advantage for them. Why else would you create such a useless piece of……

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SO we going to keep going up or is this a temporary bubble? I'm really Regretting not buying when it was low 18s

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think I've narrowed it down to fidelity or Schwab. Still leaning fidelity but I can't get anyone on the phone at either. They're both a bit busy these days.

Bb

I talked to Fidelity yesterday after about a 15-minute wait.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
TDAmeritrade IT dept. just screwed up their platform 2 weeks ago when they completely altered the buy/sell order system.

It used to be it was tucked away at the bottom, and when you clicked to bring it up, it’d cover the bottom 25% of the page, and you could still have your watchlist to watch everything, buy/ask prices current stock prices, hi/lo, vol.

Now, when you click to fill an order, it takes you to a complete separate page to fill, where you can NOT watch the current live numbers on your watch lists, so it forces you to trade in the blind. It is completely worthless.

The only way to see live, is pull up a separate browser from a site where you can watch the live pricing, and send your order when you see it is where you want it.

I can’t believe they screwed it up. I think they did it on purpose to create some type of advantage for them. Why else would you create such a useless piece of……

That is not the way it is working for me. Perhaps you have the extra special "Ex C-suite" interface.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
They know......

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 67 invisible), 14,797 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,146
Posts18,542,568
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.