-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Remember Y2K and the generator purchases?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The Zombie apocalypse types have been training for this moment their whole lives.

Which is why there's a TP shortage. They're so excited that they're continually wanking off... smile

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My son recently lost his job with a company that supplied pizzas and ice cream. Knowing the job was going away he filled every freezer he had with- guess what, pizzzas and ice cream. He even came and got mine.
Too add to that he picked up a part time job at a supermarket, stocking shelves at night. He gets first shot at needed items.
Kids in a good spot right now. laugh

Last edited by Tracks; 03/26/20.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Like the stock investors say-

PANIC is not a strategy.

And sadly ,there are a lot of reptilian brained idiots running around..

Last edited by jk16; 03/26/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I confess to contributing to the panic earlier this week by buying a much larger quantity of Heather’s Choice meals than I normally would.

I needed a few for a backpacking trip so I was putting in an order. Just in case there is a run on them before the next trip I 4x’d all the quantities. My oldest son would go sit in the yard and jetboil the things for every meal if we let him, so I don’t want to run out.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
From my pool deck in West Central Florida.....

This appears to be like the panic response to a hurricane................. except with electricity, an abundance of cheap gas, and NObody on the roads!?!?!?!?

We had our first Corona death in the county yesterday.....

W're mostly staying home, if we need something we go get it............ keeping a distance!

Had to go to the chiropractor yesterday............ he ripped it!!! '...it may not be the flu or 'a flu', but it's like the flu, only less deadly...' he was rather definite, he said '...me and you.... we ain't gonna die from it...'

Hope he's right!!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went shopping a couple days ago, and got everything on my list......

Milk, bread, dinner rolls, eggs, cheese, potatoes, bananas, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, ass wipe, bleach, cold meat, chips, ketchup, pork chops, and a couple of cooked hams for a buck a pound.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I must confess, I think I might be responsible for the run on toilet paper. A couple weeks ago my wife said to pick up a package of toilet paper when I stop at the store on the way home from the ranch. And, she said if they have eggs, get a dozen. Well they had eggs so I got a dozen packages of toilet paper. I think i did not understand what she meant.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
My son recently lost his job with a company that supplied pizzas and ice cream. Knowing the job was going away he filled every freezer he had with- guess what, pizzzas and ice cream. He even came and got mine.
Too add to that he picked up a part time job at a supermarket, stocking shelves at night. He gets first shot at needed items.
Kids in a good spot right now. laugh

Your kid ripped off his employer the last week he was there?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Main-stream Media\democrat induced panic. They like gloom and doom.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No influence from the media. I bought TP cause I consider it essential. You don't?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here's one I don't understand. There's a COSTCO on the other side of our city/county, pop. somewhat over 100K. Folks love COSTCO in normal times, good prices especially on bulk purchases.

Predictably, COSTCO is now a mob scene, and out of a lot of stuff like TP. It is gone as soon as it is stocked. We live on the other side of the county, about 12 miles from COSTCO, and we have been able to find just about everything we need at one of three supermarkets within 4 miles from here, including TP. Oh, they don't have everything in stock all the time, and not every store has what you need just when you want it, but if you're patient you can get it. Sometimes you can score at the small dollar type stores. Still, we have neighbors who keep running over to COSTCO to look for TP, etc.!

Gun stores are crazy but not totally insane. 9mm and 5.56 ammo are pretty much gone, but there are some guns and ammo and bricks of .22s at normal prices, at least in the smaller stores.

For some reason, folks head to the big places and overlook the smaller stores.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Growing up parents only made major shopping trips once or twice a month. Chest freezer the size of a coffin and sometimes second fridge in every garage with the washing machine seemed like a normal thing in the neighborhoods I grew up in.

America wasn't a Nation of large food beasts our food consumption was a heck of a lot lower. Moms always watching their figures, Dads rather have a cocktail than an extra helping. Kids wanting to playing outside rather than eating at the table. People on welfare weren't fat or obese either.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In an out of control world, people are trying to control anything....anything at all.

You can't mix logic and emotion.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Between my son and I we have 70,000+ rounds of Federal copper hp 40 gr maybe more. Why, cause his boys burn a brick every time they visit me. I buy a 5 thousand at a time when they are on sale. Fun to watch those twin 12 year olds load mags...1 loads a 25 round mag as the other shoots the race is to see if the loader gets done before the shooter...they are pretty fast at loading mags they start with 8 twenty five round mags and almost always keep up a steady fire unless one of the 10\22s jams.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Growing up in the 1950's on an Indian reservation sixty miles from town. We went into Tucson once a month for groceries. Went to Phoenix once a year at Christmas time because it was too hot to go in the summer. No A/C in the old Pontiac. I remember that coffin size freezer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
Mad rush to buy Guns and ammo, hell, people are trying not to die, not rampaging through neighborhoods
Toilet paper, trust me, its being made faster than it can be used
Water, afraid the city is going to turn it off?
Gasoline, world wide surplus of the stuff, price going through the floor.
Don't make sense to me, maybe I'm missing something

On guns and ammo, there are a lot of Bills in various state legislatures right now as well as the crap in Virginia that has already went down. Blomberg trying to influence the whole country instead of staying in New York. Add to all that the Coronavirus and subsequent shutdowns of various things including the NICS system, and in some states, gun stores, and you have a lot of nervous people.

Lots of people don't drink tap water and rely on bottled water for their drinking needs. One news story about water shortages and we're off to the races. Add to that the possibility of the taps actually getting turned off. Uncertain times, once again.

The price going through the floor has encouraged people to fill their tanks and their lawnmower's tanks, etc. They don't think the low prices will last. Again, add the Coronavirus to the mix and people just want to be topped off.

I don't have much of an answer about toilet paper.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Fifty years ago they talked about keeping up with the Jones's.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are about 65 miles from a Costco, but we have many large grocery chains here, along with big box stores selling everything you would want. Still, we know people that will make the Costco trip once a week or so to save money. These are geezerly couples with no kids at home. Doesn't make much sense to me.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Old people have to eat a gallon of ice cream every 3 days.

Life sustaining, apparently.

Yes we do and yes it is. laugh

Last edited by jnyork; 03/26/20.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 7887mm08, 15 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.