Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
SFCSNOW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I’m driving a ten year old Silverado Z71. It’s been well maintained but used hard at times. It needs a couple of grand of normal wear maintenance and new tires. I’m at a point though that I can pay cash for something new instead if dealers start an “end of the world” sale.
I’ll probably regret it if I do. Sleep better at night feeling like we are better prepared than most. Having a shiny new truck isn’t a priority in my mind. BUT BUT BUT I want it.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by SFCSNOW
I’m driving a ten year old Silverado Z71. It’s been well maintained but used hard at times. It needs a couple of grand of normal wear maintenance and new tires. I’m at a point though that I can pay cash for something new instead if dealers start an “end of the world” sale.
I’ll probably regret it if I do. Sleep better at night feeling like we are better prepared than most. Having a shiny new truck isn’t a priority in my mind. BUT BUT BUT I want it.

Paying cash for NEW vehicles is a fools errand. Especially when 0% deals are around! I know many will say I'm wrong! The truck will decrease in value, the money will gain in value if handled correctly. Just saying!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Heym06

Paying cash for NEW vehicles is a fools errand. Especially when 0% deals are around! I know many will say I'm wrong! The truck will decrease in value, the money will gain in value if handled correctly. Just saying!

When I see 84 month financing, I'm trying to remember any time in my life where I'd not have puked at the thought of making a payment on a 7 year old vehicle, even one that was running well & still looked decent.

My last GM, at 7 years old, had had the motor our 3x in their attempts to diagnose & stop an oil leak, and had myriad other [excrement] going wrong with it. I can't imagine still shelling out $500 or more every month while they were "fixing" it.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
With everything going on do you think prices will go down? If so how much?

Yes, the writting is on the wall. Chevy lease is below $100.00/month. GM & Ford catch a cold FCA will get COVID-19. My guess is a 10% reduction. The OEM's have lots of profit to work with on the trucks.

Last edited by MM879; 03/26/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The auto manufacturers are not lowering prices, they are just extending the number of years of 0% financing

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The prices aren't going down any. They're offering 84 months free financing with no payment for three months. The Ford place here is offering no payment for six months.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
i live in Mi. and bought a new Ram pickup from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg on Jan. 30. Bought it, flew out and drove it back way cheaper than i could buy here. Wonder why no more internet sales anymore?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
In November, we purchased a Maroon 2020 Ram tradesman 2500 CC 4X4 6.4 w/4:10 gears and just about every option you can put in a tradesman for 36k...Take away the leather and heated seats and its optioned as nice as my buddies 2013 LTZ Chevy...

After putting a few grand down, I have a very manageable payment on 60 month financing (my choice)

Good deals and prices are out there....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The auto manufacturers are not lowering prices, they are just extending the number of years of 0% financing

That is all part of the dance. The OEM's will cut optional revenue streams first and move down to the bottom line. First subscription service, extended warranty, financing.... blood is in the water and the sharks are circling. The 36k RAM will go for 32K. Figure on 1k per month reduction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
There will be better incentives, but prices won't come down.

Bingo!

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Dave Smith in Kellogg I dee ho! I haven't purchased from them, but family members say they are the best deal in the Northwest!

Their bread winner was internet sales. I sent them a request for a internet quote and they responded that Dave Smith motors does not do internet sales any longer.

Fugg those stealerships, especially GM stealerships. They are giving you the anal probe and shutting down the sale you are already engaged in and have negotiated. The stealership manager probably held off on the sale to see what type of bail out money or incentive was coming along, and not for someone buying the vehicle out from under you. I promise, there is no line of people rushing to dealers’ doors trying to buy $60k+ vehicles out from under you. Not too long ago they were offering $10k “off invoice” and 0%/72 month financing just to move the pos vehicles that they currently have sitting in inventory. Unless the truck you are buying is something very unique or limited production, there will be inventory available, even with the plants currently shut down. I would NEVER deal with a dealership like that, and it has happened to you twice already. Try a buying service like Costco and see what they can do for you. I can guarantee no sales manager will pull that garbage with them.

I just went through a similar situation with one of the boat owners I work with, who was going to take delivery of a new C8 Corvette. The car is built and sitting in a lot waiting for delivery. The stealership told him that they suddenly could not deliver the car for the price they quoted him, and the car price would now increase by an additional $10k. This on a car that cost $90k and that he had paid a deposit for back in August. What the stealership failed to understand is that this guy had previously purchased a number of corvettes through them, including two C7 ZO6s, an C6 ZL1, and a few top level Camaros as well for his kids.
He bought the C8 to drive until they produce a ZO6, that he likely would have ordered from them as well. He told them to go fugg themselves and keep the vette, as well as advising them they had lost a long time high end customer. They tried to sweet talk him and tell him it was a mistake, but he was having none of that. He said he sat down in the Sales Manager’s office, got a cup of coffee, and called one of the big name corvette dealers on speaker making a deal for almost exactly the same car for only $550 over what he would have originally paid. He said he did the whole deal on speaker with the stealership Sales Manager sitting there, and should have the car next week. Fugg them.

Ford dealers did the same thing , on the Shelby 500 Mustangs. Its the dealer not auto manufacture.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Bought a new Tradesman 3500 SRW crew cab diesel with the 8’ bed in December. Got it for just under 46k. Last new truck I bought was the same thing, except in the SLT trim, back in 2005. Good deal then, too, got that one for 34k. 15 years later, same rig is 12k more. Everything goes up...

7k miles later, thing has averaged 21.5 mpg since I got it. Some interstate, the rest was city and back roads in hilly SW MO. Haven’t towed anything yet, but over 20mpg is not bad for combined driving in an 8,000 lb. 4x4. And it is unbelievable, like someone else says. I do not know what they put into the Big Horns and Laramie to make them worth thousands more. This truck has everything I could want, and some stuff I had never thought of, but now wonder why it never was put in a truck sooner...

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 03/26/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B

My research has shown that the 0% is not that great of deal. I can get anywhere from $7,000 to $15,000 discount using my own financing. If you are getting a diesel, GM will give $3250 off of MSRP but that is the only discount you can look forward to. All the other discounts you see the dealers showing on their website disappear when you read the fine print on the 0% financing.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
The prices aren’t gonna go down!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

If a person can’t pay cash for a vehicle, they can’t afford it. It’s so easy a caveman can understand it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

If a person can’t pay cash for a vehicle, they can’t afford it. It’s so easy a caveman can understand it.

It's not always that simple. For example if you have plenty of capital to buy a new vehicle yet it is tied up in a cash flowing asset, it would be foolish to sell said asset to buy a vehicle

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
With everything going on do you think prices will go down? If so how much?
No... Might be a bit more rebates available, but that's it...

Structured properly, you are 100% correct... However, there are circumstances when paying cash is the ONLY way it can be done - because the buyer may not have the means to pay monthly w/o employment and/or verified proper income... I was in F&I for 14 years and remember exactly those times... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

No sales going on at my Ford dealership, only service department is open (essential) at this time.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

It's not always that simple. For example if you have plenty of capital to buy a new vehicle yet it is tied up in a cash flowing asset, it would be foolish to sell said asset to buy a vehicle

If you have plenty of capitol but it is tied up, you don't have plenty of capitol. This goes back to the part where a savings account is a unicorn today. Finance guys can spin it anyway they want but in the end cash is king.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

The fool is the one that doesn't think the finance charge isn't baked into the sales price. Nothing is free.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (257 roberts, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 160user, 21, 48 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,370
Posts18,527,370
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.