Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
They know......

That works as long as they have bottom feeder money coming in. That’s about to stop.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
TDAmeritrade IT dept. just screwed up their platform 2 weeks ago when they completely altered the buy/sell order system.

It used to be it was tucked away at the bottom, and when you clicked to bring it up, it’d cover the bottom 25% of the page, and you could still have your watchlist to watch everything, buy/ask prices current stock prices, hi/lo, vol.

My Snapticket trade portal is still at the bottom.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I think I've narrowed it down to fidelity or Schwab. Still leaning fidelity but I can't get anyone on the phone at either. They're both a bit busy these days.

Bb

TD Ameritrade is being bought by Schwab.

https://www.aboutschwab.com/announcement

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Sure you can make some money on O&G but why? The O&G market sucks, and there are so many solid healthy companies in other sectors to invest in. To each their own for sure. But O&G is a bad place to be.

OXY is up almost 22%, MRO up 12% in the first three hours of trading this morning.

This is why everyone needs to do their own homework.

haha..... That is half the story but congratulations. I don't day trade, and I never said you can't make money in O&G. You can make money in any sector of the market. Some you have to risk a lot to do so, some you don't. Again pick your own poison.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I'm going to open a fidelity IRA unless there's something better and transfer my money from ed jones.

Bb

I'm not sure Fidelity trades like a regular brokerage with a 401k. I'm looking at TD Ameritrade for a couple of IRA owned LLC's .

go with td ameritrade for more active trading.I have both

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ribka
I'm going to open a fidelity IRA unless there's something better and transfer my money from ed jones.

Bb

I'm not sure Fidelity trades like a regular brokerage with a 401k. I'm looking at TD Ameritrade for a couple of IRA owned LLC's .

I looked at TD but since they're being bought by Schwab I figured I'd just go with Schwab if I don't do fidelity.

Last edited by Burleyboy; 03/27/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I held on to my oxy. My Boeing, Merck ,Alaska is down today and bought up more when it hit bottom today.

Now down but not concerned. Trying to accumulate good dividend stocks for long term

Did well on opgn, Amgen last few days and up today.

Hoping for more big corrections.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

I waited 20 min to contact td ameritrade yesterday. Ive been trying to get hold of fidelity past few days. On phone over 2 hours and they never picked up and IM chat is over 3 hours..Their site has been having some issues due to volume. Not impressed with that. They have a good reputation for long term investing though.

go schwab

Originally Posted by ribka

Bb

I looked at TD but since they're being bought by Schwab I figured I'd just go with Schwab if I don't do fidelity.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Many company's employees had to be sent home impacting staffing for phones.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WTM45
Many company's employees had to be sent home impacting staffing for phones.

I know many people working at home now because of the virus with company laptops and cell phones.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I do too. My wife just got 2000 international contractors on line from their homes.
Lotsa companies are having issues getting it done domestically.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by broomd
TDAmeritrade IT dept. just screwed up their platform 2 weeks ago when they completely altered the buy/sell order system.

It used to be it was tucked away at the bottom, and when you clicked to bring it up, it’d cover the bottom 25% of the page, and you could still have your watchlist to watch everything, buy/ask prices current stock prices, hi/lo, vol.

My Snapticket trade portal is still at the bottom.....

Thanks for the info sir.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone else using Vanguard brokerage account?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks like we may have yet to see a bottom.......the longer this Covid goes, the more uncertainty can be created.......time will tell. Based on 2008, there may be a few dips over the coming months if there is any correlation. All interesting to watch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 65BR
Looks like we may have yet to see a bottom.......the longer this Covid goes, the more uncertainty can be created.......time will tell. Based on 2008, there may be a few dips over the coming months if there is any correlation. All interesting to watch.

When they stop counting the dead, we will see the bottom.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

We hit bear market and recession criteria, it takes a while for things to flush out. I think this will be a tough a month, but I think we will only have one or two hard months to go. I'll watch and see if we hold at the March lows or go lower. I think we will go lower. I won't argue that within a few months will see the best values in the decade. It will recover in a few years. It's not time to go in big yet, but we are getting closer. Capitulation will be a ugly day, really ugly.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

We hit bear market and recession criteria, it takes a while for things to flush out. I think this will be a tough a month, but I think we will only have one or two hard months to go. I'll watch and see if we hold at the March lows or go lower. I think we will go lower. I won't argue that within a few months will see the best values in the decade. It will recover in a few years. It's not time to go in big yet, but we are getting closer. Capitulation will be a ugly day, really ugly.

I think you are 100% correct sir.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Guys, you are looking at this totally wrong. I will attempt to paint a picture here, with words, where you can see and understand the dire situation the legs of commerce are in.

You guys are looking for low valuations in a normal working environment (no legs of the 4 leg stool are broke), when “all 4 legs of commerce are functioning”, while you ignore the fact that all 4 legs of the stool are broke presently.

Truth is, every leg of commerce has a compound fracture presently.

Four legged stool of commerce:

1st leg – Retail customer
2nd leg – Storefront
3rd leg – Wholesaler
4th leg – Manufacturer (China-TREASONOUS)

The retail customers are losing their jobs, and some will be staring at BK.

The storefronts have been forced closed, and are staring at BK, and never to re-open.

The wholesalers are being forced close from ZERO inventory turnover, and ZERO orders, because the 1ST and 2ND legs are dead in the water, and they too are looking at BK, and never to re-open.

The manufacturers are being forced close in the USA from ZERO inventory turnover, and ZERO orders, and the ones in CHINA will have no orders, because the 1ST and 2ND and 3RD legs are dead in the water, and the manufacturers, too, are looking at BK, and who knows if they re-open.

In the above picture, how can anyone tell them self, that situation has the ability to produce profit, much less any revenue at all? BK ZEROS out your stock certificate FIRST.

A 30 day shutdown will BK over 50% of small businesses. Poof, gone forever.

And “if” “any of the lower 3 legs: 2,3,4, go to the government trough, that debt will hinder their ability to turn the correct margins in the future, to allow growth, and hire back unemployed workers.

It truly is “that” bad, and I cannot believe it hasn’t cascaded down yet, with the facts above known by everyone in business, and the financial markets.

And when it comes to the edge of the cliff, and falls over, it will not be pretty….at all.

You are looking at a picture of Financial Armageddon above. The artist just hasn’t put his name on it……yet.

If it were me, I would get out before you don’t have anything at all to survive with, through this Dark Age we are facing. It is truly uncharted waters for all 4 legs being destroyed.

I got out on the 17TH, when my position jumped back up 10%, because I know the above picture as facts, and so do YOU GUYS…now. You don’t fix that kind of destruction “overnight”, and that is why I finally bailed, because “numbers” do not lie. Math is math, and the numbers will not be making the math look good for a long time.

Quick analogy for you:

You have a 3 foot stick of pipe in your hand with flowing water. In one end, and out the other. The water represents commerce taking place. When the government screwed a cap on the end where water was coming out (Store front), what did that do to the “whole” chain of commerce?

It shut it completely down, right?

And now the government has screwed a cap on the other end, with a nipple, and they have attached an air hose, and are BLOWING MONEY into the pipe, as fast as they can, with no where for it to go (capped at both ends now-thus creating artificial commerce), because everything is at a dead stand still.

When the pipe gets to bursting pressure, what will your money be worth when it blows?

The bell just rang for class to end, and when the bell rings the markets open today, what will you do, now that you have a better picture?

I know business. I’m an ex C-Level executive, and have many C-Level friends who highly regard my business acumen. Hopefully I just proved it for you guys with the above.

Good luck guys, and may God watch over you, and your families.

Copyright © 2020 ElkSlayer91 All Rights Reserved.

10 Million now unemployed (Guaranteed DEPRESSION has been stated) and the five largest states don't have the money to cover it.......and we haven't even had the second DOWN cycle in the stock market, which is always worse.

Uncharted waters.........and the boat anchor hasn't hit bottom yet, and once it does, who knows how long it will drag across the bottom until it grabs and stops the boat from drifting.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The pain is not over that's for sure, people will continue being laid off, the virus will be stopped, but how much economic damage will have been done...is still being processed........it's a moving target.

Best case scenario, they get some success with drug treatments before the vaccine, combined with mitigation efforts flattening the curve. THEN, folks in SOME locations may be going back to work, and likely wearing masks. This situation will not be resolved soon....soon enough.

I am confident America will find it's way out of this.........but we have to remember what we face, so are all the other nations impacted, most of the world. The market will find a bottom, perhaps this year.

Now about all that stuff in the stores and online........Made in China

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i called the 18k false bottom a few weeks ago and have adjusted that to high 4 digits. too much uncharted waters. we got a long row to hoe yet. if we are disrupted for 6 months then 6-12 months after that we will still be reeling. opportunists and day traders will skew things unnaturally but jobs numbers, business earnings and consumer confidence are what really drives the market long term. all are in the schitter for the forseeable future. i will be happy with my largest holdings being MM for a while.

remember BTO's most famous song...

My diploma is a DD214
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,040 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,614
Posts18,532,941
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.