Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A Brady Date, is a date set after a background check is run, and the Govts. response is “Delay”, as opposed to “proceed” or “deny” (self explanatory). It’s usually a date 5-10 days AFTER the check, and in MOST States, the firearm can be released to the prospective owner, even if the government hasn’t come back with a definitive answer. In NYistan, the Brady date doesn’t apply (ie: is not legally allowed), so a potential buyer ends up in a loop or “goes open”, and can’t get their gun. IE: LIEberal “logic”.

Yes, I’ve heard that the Commie Governors of NJistan and Kalifornucopia have halted NICS/gun sales throughout this “crisis”, It’s what Constitution Hating Commies in power do!

Last edited by TomT; 03/27/20. Reason: PUNKtuatuin

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Pardon my ignorance, what's a Brady date?

THIS.....You Big Dummy...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ahhh, I can still remember the good old days before threre was such a thing as a NICS check. Of course now even the "pro gun" folks are scared to be without one because somebody might get one that shouldn't..... Oh well, the "anti's" have won.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good thing ccw puts you in the speedy checkout lane

(Or least in MS)

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Need to borrow one in MT?

Originally Posted by hunter4623
I can’t even buy a damn gun. Trying to pick up something flat shooting for a DIY Montana spring bear hunt in a few weeks.

Important Message:
On Saturday March 21, 2020, Governor Phil Murphy announced he is putting New Jersey in lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus. Per Executive Order 107, he is ordering the residents of New Jersey to stay home, directing all non-essential retail businesses closed to the public. At this time, the order includes New Jersey Firearms State Licensed Dealers. The New Jersey State Police NICS Unit is directing the vendor of the NICS Online Application (NICUSA) to turn off the NICS Online Services for submitting NICS transactions by eliminating the “Request Form” button, effective 9:00pm EST, Saturday, March 21, 2020. You will still have the ability to view the message board and the status of previously submitted transactions. This “Request Form” feature will remain off until further order by Governor Murphy.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I’m hoping things open up before I leave. Tentatively, I plan on rolling out 4-15 to 5-1. I’m heading out to look at properties and figured I’d do some hunting while I’m there. I’ll be out there for a few months so plenty of hiking, fishing, hunting and general sightseeing. Getting to know different areas. If the country is still shut down, it’s going to limit some of the things I wanted to check out. So the answer is ...I hope not but maybe lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Then the requirement for a background check should be suspended until manpower is back up.

That would be in keeping with the Constitution.

Excellent point, MM.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I’m wondering if any Pro-2A groups will be filing lawsuits against states that deemed Gun stores non essential? Interesting legal argument that a state can shut down (for an indeterminate time) our 2A constitutional right.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
All the more reason to have a concealed carry permit and not have to undergo a background check. Here in Kentucky I've even bought a gun at Walmart, and they honored the CC permit, which surprised me.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Px gun counter on Ft Campbell shut down for sales today.
Ammo fine
Guns no.

Wonder if this was what caused it.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr
All the more reason to have a concealed carry permit and not have to undergo a background check. Here in Kentucky I've even bought a gun at Walmart, and they honored the CC permit, which surprised me.

You live in Free America. I can’t wait to escape New Jermany and join a free state

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You live in Free America. I can’t wait to escape New Jermany and join a free state

Hope it continues, and our liberal governor doesn't try and muck with the SA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All the more reason to have a concealed carry permit and not have to undergo a background check.

But didn't you have to ask big brother for your concealed carry permit? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

In " free America" you wouldn't need a permit to carry or any kind of check to buy.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Maybe I should term it “Freer America”
Trust me, damn near everywhere is freer than NJ. 75% of the reason I’m relocating is to get away from this over bearing state government. I just want to be left alone and not have my life micro managed. You probably wouldn’t believe some of the laws on the books here. A pellet gun with sound dampener is treated the same as a full auto rifle under the law. It’s insane

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
As of few weeks ago a CPL does not give you a fast lane here in Michigan , now everyone has to get the check done! Yes it SUCKS!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
when calling in a NICS check, you will be given a status immediately,
To me, that says you'll get an immediate answer without the real check being completed. But what if the answer's 'no'?
It might also be a chance for real criminals to buy guns without being checked.

Yeah, because stealing them is getting way too expensive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by 700LH
Pardon my ignorance, what's a Brady date?

THIS.....You Big Dummy...

Ok I gotta admit "Marcia" was the first thing thru my mind.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The state of Nevada has declared that gun stores are "essential". Hooray! A moment of sanity!

What is killing us is the background check people have cut their hours in half and NEVER answer the phone! We are forced to FAX any applications, then wait until they contact us with the decision. One of our customers has been waiting a week!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shouldn`t need a "background check"any way....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 50 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.