Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14713118 03/27/20
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
So a lady at work got a cough a couple weeks ago and went to the Doc. Apparently Dr told her she had walking pneumonia and she then went ahead and dragged into work for the next 10 days or so for whatever reason. She got bad and went to the hospital last Friday where they admitted her. I get a call from the emergency line at work last night at 10:30 telling me that and employee, who we all know is her, tested positive for COVID19. Went in this AM and they have a crew with some high powered disinfecting machine doing the whole compound and they send us all home. Early this afternoon we’re all informed that we cannot come back to work until sometime in early April and that we’re supposed to self quarantine.

No more instructions were given. Does this mean I need to lock myself in the house? Just don’t go to the stores and what not? I have fence to build and fish to catch, I assume these activities are okay since I won’t be interacting with the general population.

Of course I have been playing with my son and sleeping in the same bed as my wife all this time. And of course my wife has an autoimmune disorder so we got that going for us.

What’s a guy to do?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"What’s a guy to do?"

Demand that your doctor order a test.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everybody at work is exposed. What good will it do to shut it down when everyone is exposed anyway? Work until you actually get sick, then stay home. Many who are exposed won't get it anyway. Just stay away from unexposed people when you're not at work. Your family is exposed, too, so avoiding them won't matter.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don’t have a doctor and the hospital is about the last place I want to go with all these sick fuggers running around there hacking and sneezing on everything.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Explain the circumstances to your doctor and request a test. No need to "demand" this of your doctor.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Clean and disinfect everything in your house that you can and also your cars, and anything else that you have been around or near.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn, I hope you didn't catch it.
Seeing as your wife has an autoimmune disorder, for her sake you need to stay the heck away from your wife and son.
If it's possible I wouldn't even stay in the house, use the same bathroom, ect.
Hoping it missed you.

Don't forget that you supposedly can have this and feel fine but still infect people before you actually show symptoms.

Last edited by Paul_M; 03/27/20.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Id probably self quarantine away from everyone just to be safe.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Do you have a digital oral thermometer?

Keep you temp monitored, low grade fever is a possible early symptom.

You should stay low key for a period,

I’d probably still build my fence, and go fishing BUT, that’s if I already had my materials. I would do your fellow man a favor and not go to Lowe’s or hardware store.

If you were launching a boat, without a big whoop-ti-do, I might still go for it. Maybe be courteous and wear a mask if you have to be near anyone. Stay in another part of the house, get Clorox wipes and wipe down the fridge handle and anything you touch to protect your wife.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What ever you do keep 6 feet minimum from everyone else. Stay home as much as possible get others to shop for you if you can if not again, 6 feet minimum. Wash your hands many times a day. If you start feeling at all sick you should stay home period.

IC B3

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
That’s the thing. This lady came in for 10 days with this and I was in her area twice a day before we had any idea. I figure if I have or had it everyone in my household has already been exposed. Don’t figure there’s much I can do for us in my house now.

I guess I’ll just steer clear of joe public for the time being.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Don't look for medical advice on 24HCF. Ask your doctor what to do.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’d probably still build my fence, and go fishing BUT, that’s if I already had my materials. I would do your fellow man a favor and not go to Lowe’s or hardware store.

If you were launching a boat, without a big whoop-ti-do, I might still go for it. Maybe be courteous and wear a mask if you have to be near anyone. Stay in another part of the house, get Clorox wipes and wipe down the fridge handle and anything you touch to protect your wife.

Great advice, Slum!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheKid
That’s the thing. This lady came in for 10 days with this and I was in her area twice a day before we had any idea. I figure if I have or had it everyone in my household has already been exposed. Don’t figure there’s much I can do for us in my house now.

I guess I’ll just steer clear of joe public for the time being.

See what you can dig up for local health authorities in your area. But out here for instance similar deal, gal at my wife's work came back from a hot spot and wasn't feeling that hot. They didn't test her as she wasn't sick enough, there's no where enough testing kits for all but the most serious scenarios so she was confirmed a "presumptive case" and told 2 weeks self isolation. If she gets real sick call a hospital. She didn't btw she just passed the 2 week period and is doing well now.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by slumlord

Great advice, Slum!

More accurate, ta go anal.

Why take a chance?

But, whatever ya do, don't call your doctor.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Why take a chance?

Just make sure you know which thermometer is which! grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Why take a chance?

Just make sure you know which thermometer is which! grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That’s nasty

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

Fellow Campfire member sent me that!

We'll see if he fesses up to it! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Do you know how to tell the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?

By the taste......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Don't look for medical advice on 24HCF. Ask your doctor what to do.

Pretty sure he said he didn’t have a doctor.

I’ll reread it myself.

Originally Posted by TheKid
I don’t have a doctor and the hospital is about the last place I want to go with all these sick fuggers running around there hacking and sneezing on everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10Glocks, 2500HD, 1moredeer, 204guy, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 1,849 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,893
Posts18,497,991
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.