Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
If, if that is, we rec’v. a stimulus check it will be donated to the food pantry. Perhaps some to a local shelter for beds, food and whatever can help. Would it be a nice windfall? Yes! But we do not need it.
Actually, my thoughts would be to pole the retirees to ask if they need the stimulus money. If not needed, make sure this money is NOT spent on pork for political leverage.

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hancock27
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Yeah.

Only those that are welfare rats and don't pay taxes, or contribute anything to society ought to get a check... whistle

That's right. Without this kind of stimulus, the entire lotto industry could be shut down. Not to mention Colt-45, Swisher Sweets, and quick-picks.

Hey Now I smoke Swishers. Around here it's black and milds, wood tip, roll the tobacco out and insert weed.

Yeah, but you won't run out with your check and spend it on the trifecta, I bet.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I pay taxes on my Social Security that I already paid taxes on when I earned it years ago. And I pay taxes on investments and locally when I buy things. And I pay property taxes, County assessments........

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Seems I hit a nerve with some of you. We paid taxes our entire life as well. But I still don't feel like we should be part of the stimulus package.
Over and out.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

I agree! But, if they cut us a check, we’ll likely split it among the kids, they can use it.... multiple kids and lay offs! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifey and I make too much, no money for us. I’d buy a nice Tikka 22-250 with an 8 twist barrel if I was.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Seems I hit a nerve with some of you. We paid taxes our entire life as well. But I still don't feel like we should be part of the stimulus package.
Over and out.

I don't think there ought to even be a "package" that gives money to people.

You can't gain anything by taking money out of one pocket and putting in the other.

But at least it may be somewhat going to people that keep our country running. Some will, anyway.

Better than throwing it ALL down the black hole of inner cities. (pun intended).. That would have really pissed me off.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just bought 12sq of high def shingles. Now looking for a millennial to install them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing is given. I bet we will owe it back come next April!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Esox357
Nothing is given. I bet we will owe it back come next April!

Or our grandkids will have to pay for it. If China doesn't own us by then.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey and I make too much, no money for us. I’d buy a nice Tikka 22-250 with an 8 twist barrel if I was.

If you make too much to get the $1200 you already have no problem paying for the Tikka.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If we get one it will go to the Salvation Army.That way it will benefit those who need it and be tax deductable.A win,win.I f you feel you don`t deserve it ,you can send it back as a donation to the IRS,or for Trumps re-election fund.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ll second the motion to donate it back to the Trump campaign. That way I won’t have to pay taxes on it later! Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlesore
There are a lot more retirees living on SS alone that barely make ends meet. Go to a McDonalds,such and watch all the seniors get cheaper food which is probably the only meal they will have that day. If it bothers you so much,donate the money to a needy charity or some family that needs it

Very flawed analogy

Eating out anything if you’re barely scraping by is pure ignorance and most likely the root cause of why someone like that doesn’t have a pot to piss in when they’re old and feeble.

When I began to read your post I thought it might be about hard working older seniors who have returned to work at a McDonald’s, not eating there.

A thrifty person can eat a bowl of oatmeal and fry a egg everyday for a week compared to eating breakfast or lunch just once at Mickey Dees.

Eggs are a buck a dozen, and a small barrel of oatmeal is $3 ($4 all week)

Eating everyday at McDonald’s, even on the cheap value meal ($7) x 7days = $49

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's the nearest thing to a "tax refund" that many of us have seen in years.

We'll get one, I think. Don't really want it, certainly don't need it, but can't refuse it, so...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by hanco

If you make too much to get the $1200 you already have no problem paying for the Tikka.

That’s true, gonna get one soon. A 62 Barnes at 22-250 speeds would cut a pig in half.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
There are a lot more retirees living on SS alone that barely make ends meet. Go to a McDonalds,such and watch all the seniors get cheaper food which is probably the only meal they will have that day. If it bothers you so much,donate the money to a needy charity or some family that needs it

Very flawed analogy

Eating out anything if you’re barely scraping by is pure ignorance and most likely the root cause of why someone like that doesn’t have a pot to piss in when they’re old and feeble.

When I began to read your post I thought it might be about hard working older seniors who have returned to work at a McDonald’s, not eating there.

A thrifty person can eat a bowl of oatmeal and fry a egg everyday for a week compared to eating breakfast or lunch just once at Mickey Dees.

Eggs are a buck a dozen, and a small barrel of oatmeal is $3

Don't you know, all Mickey D employee's eat for free.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Just like Americans, you’uns. Got yer petticoats all a’rustle over the crumbs being shared with your lessers and the old folks. What really ought chap yer asses is the gigantic amount of YOUR money being given to banks, government pet projects, illegal migrants, and God knows what else. The checks to Americans part is the smallest part of the waste. We get the crumbs.

I saw one estimate that puts the real cost of this at $18,000 per American. So really, we get to pay. Nobody out here is getting anything, we just got the costs offset by a pittance, for once. You wanna be pissed about something, dig into this giant steaming pile and find something worthy. Lord knows there is plenty to choose from. And ask yourself, who up there, including Trump, made any effort to cut out any of the theft from this? Find the folks who voted against it and tried to kill it for moral reasons, and there’s your friends. Look hard, because they won’t be easy to find...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bet Ruger and ‘Man’ will blow theirs on a year’s supply of ding dongs and Mountain Dew.

I think that's a better option than those who blow it on meth and pot. In the hood it'll be known as stimulus for the drug lords.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MM879

Very flawed analogy

Eggs are a buck a dozen, and a small barrel of oatmeal is $3

Don't you know, all Mickey D employee's eat for free.

Not true

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,384
Posts18,488,634
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.