Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by shaman
I've been hearing all this hype about Andrew Cuomo lately. Folks are saying that Biden is deteriorating so much that he won't be viable by the convention. My opinion was he wasn't viable before 2008, but what do I know? Cuomo is being touted as the most likely guy to come in at the last minute and take the nomination and go on to beat Trump in November.

Here's what I do not understand: Cuomo's state is right now a cesspool of Covid-19. You can blame some of that on deBlasio, but an astute guy like Cuomo could have closed the bridges leading out of NYC. There's all sorts of things he could have done to minimize the spread of the virus in his state, but he didn't. Now he's the Democrat's top pick?

Here's one place where the numbers don't lie. When there are refugees flooding out of a guy's state and his neighbors are trying round them up and send them back, you don't go saying "This is the guy for me!"

Optics? I've tried to stay on top of all this. I'm over 60 and I've got a bunch of complications; if it hits me, I'll be one they put off to the side on a gurney in the hall. I watch this stuff intently. Optics? Cuomo screams that the Feds need to build him hospitals right frickin' now. Trump says he'll send a hospital ship to NYC. How come Andrew can't build his own frickin' hospitals? How long does building a hospital take (versus pulling a hospital ship into the harbor). To me, Cuomo has been a day late and a dollar short on all this from the get-go, and if memory serves me, he was poo-pooing the problem back over the winter.

Why is this the guy I should dump Trump for? How is he somehow better than Joe or Bernie or Fauxcahontas? Is it becaus he somehow looks Presidential? Is it because his feelings are in the right place? What? Tell me? What's this guy got that DJT doesn't?

. . . well, besides a brother that works at CNN.

Please, someone point me in the right direction.

Not getting into presidential race speculation.

The problem with closing the bridges is that it would have been too late. The horse was out of the barn when presymptomatic and asymptomatic carriers starting transmitting the virus along all the commuter lines.....rail, subway, ferries, roads. This is a universal problem wherever there are bedroom communities with a large segment of the population commuting to and from dense population areas. We are in rural Michigan but perhaps 20% of the county population works in cities 30-50 miles down the freeway. And those areas down the freeway have rapidly growing coronavirus case loads.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The guy is too ugly to get elected.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The guy is too ugly to get elected.

.......... Must be why I can't stand the sight of him, or the sound of his voice. His only redeeming talent is that he's a great actor. He's currently starring in the latest "Dear Leader" daily soap opera where he plays a fearless leader. When this crisis is over he can go back to hating Trump, suing the federal government, destroying the constitution, welcoming illegal aliens with open arms and free money, and driving conservatives out of the state, because ... "That's not who New Yorkers are". With his record I can't believe he would have a chance at the presidency,...... but then; look at some of the other fruitcakes currently competing for it...... It's downright scary.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The democrats have no chance. None. Might as well call the election over by now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed. I have never seen a weaker position.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you could leave off the last ition.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He should be governor of NYC, that should be its own state anyway. He and gender challenged DiBlasio could be co-emperors.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The democrats have no chance. None. Might as well call the election over by now.

It's not the votes that count, it's who counts the votes, and that right there gives the Democrats more than a fighting chance.

Last edited by steve4102; 03/29/20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't know if the Establishment will draft Cuomo, but he is the odds on favorite.

He is young, only 62, he has name recognition, he has the complete power of the media behind him, especially AT&T, he doesn't have dementia, he hasn't claimed love for Castro and other communist dictators, he's a smooth talker and Most of All He is Not Donald J Trump, that right there will get him almost if not more than 50% of the popular vote.

That said, I still think the person behind the curtain is a woman, not Hillary, but a woman, prolly a black woman.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My bet is that the vice pres candidate is the real focus of the DNC. Biden is SUPPOSED to fall apart. (going faster then planed however) His VP is the real one that is the hope of the top Dem/Comms. Hillary may well be placed into the VP slot. And if not on the ticket the VP will be persuaded to step down and the Hildibeast will step in. Once in place the President will step down by his own will, or by the will of "others". (like Epstein did just because he was so "embarrassed" you know...........)

Either Hillary or someone she controls will be the real power in office if the Dem/Comms are successful in rigging the next election. Harris or Abrams would be 2 such people. There could be more. But vote fraud is 100% of their plan for the next election. At this point all their eggs have to be in that basket.

Bank on that!!!!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cuomo doesn't understand honest questions.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been hearing all this hype about Andrew Cuomo lately. Folks are saying that Biden is deteriorating so much that he won't be viable by the convention. My opinion was he wasn't viable before 2008, but what do I know? Cuomo is being touted as the most likely guy to come in at the last minute and take the nomination and go on to beat Trump in November.

Here's what I do not understand: Cuomo's state is right now a cesspool of Covid-19. You can blame some of that on deBlasio, but an astute guy like Cuomo could have closed the bridges leading out of NYC. There's all sorts of things he could have done to minimize the spread of the virus in his state, but he didn't. Now he's the Democrat's top pick?

Here's one place where the numbers don't lie. When there are refugees flooding out of a guy's state and his neighbors are trying round them up and send them back, you don't go saying "This is the guy for me!"

Optics? I've tried to stay on top of all this. I'm over 60 and I've got a bunch of complications; if it hits me, I'll be one they put off to the side on a gurney in the hall. I watch this stuff intently. Optics? Cuomo screams that the Feds need to build him hospitals right frickin' now. Trump says he'll send a hospital ship to NYC. How come Andrew can't build his own frickin' hospitals? How long does building a hospital take (versus pulling a hospital ship into the harbor). To me, Cuomo has been a day late and a dollar short on all this from the get-go, and if memory serves me, he was poo-pooing the problem back over the winter.

Why is this the guy I should dump Trump for? How is he somehow better than Joe or Bernie or Fauxcahontas? Is it becaus he somehow looks Presidential? Is it because his feelings are in the right place? What? Tell me? What's this guy got that DJT doesn't?

He lost me just a few days ago, when instead of asking the Federal government for help, he demanded it under the premises NY was owed the help.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Barkoff

He lost me just a few days ago, when instead of asking the Federal government for help, he demanded it under the premises NY was owed the help.

That right there is the downfall of NYS. The mentality that the government owes people things.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi
Cuomo is a lot of things including a class A POS, but I don't think he's stupid. I've believed for a long time he is setting himself up for a run in 2024 when he has a good chance of winning. I don't think he's going to let the DNC draft him to run against Trump.

I've now come to that conclusion, also. At first I thought he was positioning for a run now, but I'll bet Hillary is "drafted", and Biden was sent out to gather a large delegate pool for her, along with the bought off super delegates. There won't be a first ballot majority for anyone, and Biden, "for the good of the party and nation" will throw his delegates at the witch.

No elections or politicians are honest. It's all in the perception...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
cumload is a class A POS

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cuomo had the chance to buy ventilators for the people of NY, he declined and instead invested in the liberal agenda.

True story. ^

Cuomo is worse than bloomberg and better at hiding it.

Yet I havent seen any Rs make this case on TV. If it's not shown on TV, it will get no traction.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by steve4102
I don't know if the Establishment will draft Cuomo, but he is the odds on favorite.

He is young, only 62, he has name recognition, he has the complete power of the media behind him, especially AT&T, he doesn't have dementia, he hasn't claimed love for Castro and other communist dictators, he's a smooth talker and Most of All He is Not Donald J Trump, that right there will get him almost if not more than 50% of the popular vote.

That said, I still think the person behind the curtain is a woman, not Hillary, but a woman, prolly a black woman.

Orca? I'm mean oprah?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff

He lost you?

Ya mean you were considering him?

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cuomo had the chance to buy ventilators for the people of NY, he declined and instead invested in the liberal agenda.

True story. ^

Cuomo is worse than bloomberg and better at hiding it.

He is, of course, at least indirectly blaming Trump in his interviews for the crises in NY. Ugly is as ugly does, and he has a lock on it both physically and in personality.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is the only one that scares me. Try to pretend you are truly one of the undecided and watch one of his performances. He has the juice.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

726 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 2,983 guests, and 1,534 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,737
Posts18,475,977
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.