Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Just a reminder of what day of the week it is. In case cabin fever has you unsure.

No virus here, and no chance of picking one up unless it's while grocery shopping. Wife and I had a serious talk, nonetheless. We've promised each other that if we get seriously sick with this, neither of us wants a ventilator.

And on that happy note, I think I'll whomp up a nice bowl of cheesy grits this morning, then either go golfing between rain showers or hit the dreadmill yet again. To work off the cheesy grits, doncha know?

"Ventilator" in newspeak terminology covers a lot of territory. It can be invasive(intubated) or non-invasive(Cpap) and a lot of stuff in between. You're not necessarily going to turn green and wilt because you're receiving mechanical ventilation. It isn't done just as a What the Hell We've Tried Everything Else endeavor. Many many cases are to give your body needed rest and proper oxygenation temporarily. I dealt professionally with vents (service, sales, and training) for 20+ years have seen the worst and the best cases. Wife (a nurse) and I have a similar pact that extends to our adult children. If it is used to recover a worthwhile and enjoyable life then by all means proceed. And keep the control panel within my reach smile. If it does nothing but prolong dying then let me fly. We're both good with that. I don't want to be another interesting case on Papa Doc's morning rounds with the Residents and neither does she.

But as always news heads can, and most times do, talk just as long on subjects they know little about as they do on issues they understand. Stay safe and ask questions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by luv2safari
What's good about all this...grumble...gripe...snivel...

The Paiute Tribe closed down fishing at Pyramid lake, and I don't need to load any more friggin ammo.

Used to be I had "I need to go fishing today" as an excuse to get out of honeydoos.

LOL...The wife just stuck her head into my man-cave and said "I need your help".

See?

Around here, instead of "I need your help", it's always "WE need to ...." For years and years I erroneously taught my students that "we" was plural, only to find out in retirement that it is apparently singular.

It took years, but WE figured it out...we husbands...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootem
.... If it is used to recover a worthwhile and enjoyable life then by all means proceed. And keep the control panel within my reach smile. If it does nothing but prolong dying then let me fly. We're both good with that. I don't want to be another interesting case on Papa Doc's morning rounds with the Residents and neither does she. ...

Just emailed this to a couple of special people in my life.

Thank you,
Ted

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
York, my contact with the Horny Greenits of the 20th was daily. Sometimes twice. And on a day when I hadn't been shot at enough recently, I took a hop with them as door gunner. Just to keep the adrenaline level of my blood up to nuff.

It worked.

Small world Dept: there's a 20th SOS Green Hornet pilot living a block from me. He was at BMT the year before me, but we know all the same stuff.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sometimes God answers prayers you haven't even thought up yet. It's a blessing to me if it's a blessing to them. I know I'm not the prototypical Christian but still I'm saved by grace. My favorite passage in the New Testament is one of the main reasons I and my wife can say and believe what I wrote above. It comes from John 14. Jesus said: "In my Father's house there are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you I will come again to receive you unto myself, that where I am there you may be also". That's a clear message to believers that our bodies are a temporary abode for our spirit. One day our spirits will have a new dwelling and we will be with Jesus forever. God bless your special people.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I love these morning coffee threads that stretch on all day. Thank you all for being gentlemen and not afraid of letting your faith hang out.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
day started out very busy and I missed the greeting post - but thanks for that. It was a good and productive day - and beautiful weather to top that off. A good friend was riding his horse over several sections today to see what is up with the cattle - and I sorely wanted to ride with him - but not in the cards. Now I need to call and find out how it went.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,189
Posts18,503,386
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.