Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I see silver monster boxes @ about $ 11000.00.

Gold coins from Philharmonics to Australia .

I always liked the Isle of Mann Nobels about $1800.00

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

And they've also found that gold is pretty worthless for wiping your butt - or even buying Spam.

What you say is absolute truth.

But if you were displaced by calamity, with your home lost to disaster of any sort, do you wish to carry your wealth to your new location as rolls of toilet paper? Cans of spam?

You could carry enough gold in a pants pocket to comfortably relocate and set up housekeeping almost anywhere on earth.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
ribka,
As I said many have an agenda. I would start with researching fiat money and the history of it and the role gold and silver plays

Will Do. The creature from Jekyll Island certainly was an eye opening book and so were the financial books written by Michael Lewis. I was pretty naive before 2008.

Last edited by ribka; 03/31/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many are so conditioned that fiat is money they won't even entertain the fact that through out history gold has been money. When the fiat manipulators fail, gold will be money again.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Gold/ Silver is very speculative.

It has appealed to depression era environs.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
With all the years of quantitative easing under Barry Soetoro Im surprised that we don't have more inflation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
ribka,
As I said many have an agenda. I would start with researching fiat money and the history of it and the role gold and silver plays

Will Do. The creature from Jekyll Island certainly was an eye opening book and so were the financial books written by Michael Lewis. I was pretty naive before 2008.

Ribka back in the day one of my go to sources was Martin Armstrong. Much of his stuff was online at the time, so I can't recommend specific books.
He was big on the history of the Romans and their money. Many parallels with what is happening today

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gold is best for bribing the border guards. Which might not be an unreasonable thing now...

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With all the years of quantitative easing under Barry Soetoro Im surprised that we don't have more inflation.

The reason inflation never took off was because the USD is the worlds reserve currency. Bretton Woods followed by the petro dollar, good places to start your research

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The reason inflation never took off was because the USD is the worlds reserve currency. Bretton Woods followed by the petro dollar, good places to start your research

Thanks. Always something new to learn.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are currently in a historic deflationary period. Inflation usually follows deflation

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

^ Answer

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

You scholars want inflation................wait a bit . Coming to your wallet.

Never learn anything but BS here.

Adios

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have eight one oz gild Krugerands for sale if anyone is interested

I’ll list them in the foe sale section

If God can get by on 10%, why does the government need 90%
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by cisco1

You scholars want inflation................wait a bit . Coming to your wallet.

Never learn anything but BS here.

Adios

No one said it was wasn't Im just surprised it hasn't already been worse than it is. Its definitely going to be worse and hardly see anyone preparing for it just like the wuhan virus. Just drove by a line around the block at the local Panera for food pick up. People out of work, no money but go out to eat?

Tell us more about the economy and inflation the average person doesn't know.

Last edited by ribka; 03/31/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
For those that follow currency there is still a shortage of dollars and despite all the printing of dollars there’s still more demand for the world’s reserve currency than available supply. The dollar continues to surge and I will bet that it will accelerate in the future. The Euro is very likely to actually disappear as the EU disintegrates. The Euro was the only other widely traded currency and it may well vanish. There is no viable alternative to the dollar.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
For those that follow currency there is still a shortage of dollars and despite all the printing of dollars there’s still more demand for the world’s reserve currency than available supply. The dollar continues to surge and I will bet that it will accelerate in the future. The Euro is very likely to actually disappear as the EU disintegrates. The Euro was the only other widely traded currency and it may well vanish. There is no viable alternative to the dollar.

That makes sense with the recent brexit deal and this virus looks like it will aid in the break up of the European Union.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by usull
You would think that at times like this ......that it would have gone through the roof . What gives ?

Because we're not in an economic crisis, we're in a medical crisis with economic consequences. The economy was "mostly" sound prior to the pandemic. The thinking is we could have a sound economy again in a couple years. Metals don't fit in that scenario.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

The cleanest dirty sock in the hamper.
The question we should be asking is why is the USD the reserve currency and what if anything will change that?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by usull
You would think that at times like this ......that it would have gone through the roof . What gives ?

Because we're not in an economic crisis, we're in a medical crisis with economic consequences. The economy was "mostly" sound prior to the pandemic. The thinking is we could have a sound economy again in a couple years. Metals don't fit in that scenario.

We. didn't have a sound economy before the virus we just had the least bad economy in the world so investors flocked to the US with their money.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,035
Posts18,500,691
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.