Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I have router bits

Had t'go that route didncha?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And I got bacon bits too

I win

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
And I got bacon bits too

I win

You spread them on your kibble & bits?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
And I got bacon bits too

I win

You spread them on your kibble & bits?

Just on his naughty bits..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nah man, my checks are still coming in. 😃

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Drill bits work best for me in good old high speed steel..
Secret to bits is keep them cutting...use only cutting oil
..never motor oil or wd40...
No need for Cobalt or any.fancy crap..
Split points are great but can chop as the cutter is ledd supported.
But American made bits in HSS and they will way outperform any juiced up imports..

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I got a set of cobolt they drill right thru steel but they ain't cheap.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
Drill Hog are Chinesium.

I'm not sure this is correct, the Drill Hog label shows USA in fairly big letters. I'll be pretty pissed if this is not the case.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/02/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by pal
Drill Hog are Chinesium.

I'm not sure this is correct, the Drill Hog label shows USA in fairly big letters. I'll be pretty pissed if this is not the case.

I do think Pal is correct. They are a re-labeler, or sourcer, not a manufacturer. There's some really really negative reviews to be found. They have a warranty but getting them to do anything about it seems to be non-existent. They may be the best Chicom?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I like Bit-o-honey....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I do think Pal is correct. They are a re-labeler, or sourcer, not a manufacturer. There's some really really negative reviews to be found. They have a warranty but getting them to do anything about it seems to be non-existent. They may be the best Chicom?

^&*$@%!

I just went to the Drill Hog website and, of course, there is no way to contact them. No address, no e-mail address and no phone number - a tale tell sign that they're trying to hide something, namely that they're products are MIC.

Misleading, false advertising. Apparently, I got screwed.

I sent a message to the seller asking about the country of manufacture. We'll see what he says in his reply. If they're made anywhere other than USA, he'll be sending me a return shipping label for a full refund, since the ad was misleading - featuring a label with "USA" prominently displayed.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'd be a bit pissed too! The set you got was not huge dollar though, right? Just use the phucqk outa them.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I'd be a bit pissed too! The set you got was not huge dollar though, right? Just use the phucqk outa them.

$31.00, inc. shipping on flea-bay. I didn't want Chinese bits. I've had Chinese bits before and they absolutely sucksarse.

I will happily spend more to get quality USA bits. I obviously didn't know that these were MIC.

- Del Gue
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You get what you pay for.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yessir.

No word from the seller yet.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think I'm gonna' give the Drill Hogs to my Dad. He's got about a thousand drill bits in the shop, but all of 'em suck. He needs a decent set and the Drill Hogs should suffice.

Then, I will decide which American made HS bit index to get - probably Norseman.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/03/20.

- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes.

Norseman.

You can get a handy round plastic index.

link

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Regarding the Boelube, which do y'all prefer - the paste or the liquid & why?

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I received the Drill Hogs today and I think they might be American made. Embossed on the front cover of the index, are the words "MADE IN USA." Also embossed is "Huot," which I believe is a company that just makes indexes. These Molybdenum bits sure look like Norseman bits, but I guess there's no telling where they were manufactured. Drill Hog is probably just rebranding them and selling them under their own name. If these bits are not Made in USA, Drill Hog is unquestionably engaging in deceptive trade practices. The Drill Hog bits definitely look like quality bits, but the proof will be in the cutting. It's not worth the hassle of returning them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

- Del Gue
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 51 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,859
Posts18,517,753
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.