Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
bearit1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
In fact I"ve been a member of this website since 2007...Many people have been a great source of information and support...I am retired now and am no longer involved in the healthcare of intercity individuals....A thing to be mindful of is that this disease is going from the TOP DOWN....the spread is from individuals who have been able to travel....it really is only starting to affect the inner city folks....the real mass hysteria and political BS is yet to come...just one mans opinion...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
How about:

flu: exact number of people infected unknown, death rate from known infections 0.1%
COVID-19: exact number of people infected unknown, death rate from known infections 4-5%

The flu mortality rate is calculated by using the 39 milllion estimate for infection and the deaths attributed to the flu.

The 39 million is people they estimate had the flu but didn't seek treatment.

The Covid mortality rate is calculated by the estimate for infection, and the deaths attributed to Covid.

Except when it's Covid, the estimate for infection is: 0.

In the whole United States of America, nobody's ever got Covid that hasn't tested positive for Covid.

Not one person.

For a cold that 80% of people might not even notice they had.

So the mortality rate is skewed, in favor of hysteria.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Fubarski

So you disparage the “media” yet you combine flu and pneumonia deaths and attempt to represent them all as the flu?

No. That's what the CDC does.

It's from their data. And it's the same formula they've used for years.

Because people that were on death's door, like many Covid victims, died from pneumonia that's generally caused by the flu, although there's no test performed because the official cause of death doesn't matter.

B
bearit1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
WHO is useless....they are after the fact....Fauci has been sucking hind tit for twenty years with nothing else to do...seems like a nice guy but that isn't going to help the people you love....USE EXTREME CAUTION OVER THE NEXT MONTH....DO NOT catch this on the first pass...Hopefully over the next year they will come up with a TREATMENT that can save lives....in 17 years NOBODY has come up with a vaccine for the two previous SARS ....give that a bit of thought if you have the time...

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Sometimes I wonder why New Yorkers were not smart enough to shelter in place...then I read [bleep] like this.

Death by stupidity and carelessness...coming to a small town near you

GOD Bless America
IC B2

W
WEL Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
The covid death rate is hard to nail down because they only use the number of people who have tested positive. Not tge total number of people who may have had it and not tested.
So the 3-4% is not really accurate. However if it is only 1% and it is 2-3 times more transmittable than flu. You could see 80-120 million infections. So your looking at possibly 800k-1.2 M deaths. This is what has all the politicians spooked. Lets face it. With no heard immunity its going to keep going until there is a vaccine or enough people get it and it runs out of hosts. They are just trying to spread out the infection rate to not wind up like Italy. Most likely the numbers will start to level off they loosen restrictions and it flares up again. Unless people take appropriate measures to slow the spread it could get really bad real quick.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
How about:

flu: exact number of people infected unknown, death rate from known infections 0.1%
COVID-19: exact number of people infected unknown, death rate from known infections 4-5%

The flu mortality rate is calculated by using the 39 milllion estimate for infection and the deaths attributed to the flu.

The Covid mortality rate is calculated by the estimate for infection, and the deaths attributed to Covid.

In the whole United States of America, nobody's ever got Covid that hasn't tested positive for Covid.

Not one person.

And how is the present rate of 1000 deaths per day and growing rapidly skewed?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

So you disparage the “media” yet you combine flu and pneumonia deaths and attempt to represent them all as the flu?

No. That's what the CDC does.

It's from their data. And it's the same formula they've used for years.

Because people that were on death's door, like many Covid victims, died from pneumonia that's generally caused by the flu, although there's no test performed because the official cause of death doesn't matter.

Except that not all pneumonia is viral caused. Lots of bacterial pneumonia. And other virus besides flu causes pneumonia. Though H1N1 is very prevalent.

B
bearit1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
When the Italian Govt. gave the people of Lombardy province 3 days warning that they were going to eat them off it gave between 10,000-18000 folks enough time to flee....half of them had family and friends in NY....in no way am I picking on Italians...since BC times everybody has thrown the wife and kids in the cart, hitched the horse to it and ran for their lives...everyone reading this would do the same thing.....sorry should read "seal them off".....very well documented by the Greeks and Romans from the BC days....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
How about:

Not one person.

And how is the present rate of 1000 deaths per day and growing rapidly skewed?

Been over that before.

There's no way to determine which people died "with" Covid, as opposed to those that died "from" Covid.

Although occasionally some site is honest enough to report that it's about 80% that were in a position that a health issue would be terminal.

So the actual Covid mortality rate is 80% less than reported.

And, that's assuming no one in the entire country has got the cold virus without being tested, and testing positive for it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So! My dad can whoop your dad.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
bearit1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
None of us unless you are over 100 has seen this before....Please use twice the caution that you already have....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

So! My dad can whoop your dad.

Yes, that's pretty much the deal.

There's no actual provable facts with regard to this thing yet.

So the only resort is common sense.

My common sense tells me that, if this thing was really that badass, real numbers would be used, instead of manipulated statistics.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Closest in modern history was in 1918.

Deniers gonna deny!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Closest in modern history was in 1918.

Deniers gonna deny!

1918 is also when the AGW hoax "Hockey Stick" graph took off.

Coincidence? I think not.

Where's Jag on this?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So now foobz is a medical expert.

God hep us all.

The continuous "number of flu infections to number of COVID infections" comparisons from the usual crew of roaming idiots here is tiring.

It is about the acuteness, and volume, as in, "all at once."

But even those dipchits actually get it. They are just here to stir up chit and entertain themselves.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by duck911

It is about the acuteness, and volume, as in, "all at once."

Yes, and that's still all about death rates - flatter curves, able to save more people (that's the logic anyway, I sure someone will provide the stats)

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

There's no way to determine which people died "with" Covid, as opposed to those that died "from" Covid.

Same (flawed) logic applies to your flu numbers.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Same (flawed) logic applies to your flu numbers.

That's why they don't shred the Constitution every year for flu numbers.

You're beginning to get it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How many lives saved vs how many lives ruined by mandatory .gov closures? How do you actually calculate lives saved?
That math will be interesting to see...

Virus pandemics thin the population occasionally, natural way of things. Those that survive, thrive in the new normal.

The hubris required to believe hiding under the bed will somehow benefit this situation is staggering.

Feelings are currently ruling the decision makers, logic has no place at the table.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 160user, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 25 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.