Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I told the kids dontch’all be out there jumpin on that trampoline and sheeit, all we got is ace bandage and that purple spray paint for the horses

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Far as I know that stuff is only in NY city, which was hit so hard because both DeBlasio and the city health commissioner didn't start warning people when they should have. I'm sure that EMT's in NYC will bring certain heart attack patients to the ER regardless. Especially if they happen to be filthy rich, liberal democrats who NYC seems to treat differently than the peasantry.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m sure thankful that I don’t live in that shiit hole

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ironbender
... Antlers posted a link to the story above. ...

Appreciate the post. Missed the link the first time through... I am with SimonKenton, not sure how they can get away with NOT hauling them to hospital. KY requires ER doc to "call the code" and sign off date/time of death for the official death certificate. Even if the Doc just steps out to the back of the buggy and says "Yeah. He's dead." and signs off the run sheet. Maybe NY / NYC have a different protocol ?

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Appreciate the post. Missed the link the first time through... I am with SimonKenton, not sure how they can get away WITH not TAKEN them to hospital. KY requires ER doc to "call the code" and sign off date/time of death for the official death certificate. Even if the Doc just steps out to the back of the buggy and says "Yeah. He's dead." and signs off the run sheet. Maybe NY / NYC have a different protocol ?

TAKEN, ORION, TAKEN, DAMNIT, MAN, GET WITH IT. wink

Sheesh, suckers on here got cabin corona. grin

Judman, cut yer laughin and learn how to spell running. cool

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/03/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Washington you can do it over the phone and that was before all this.

Last edited by LazyV; 04/03/20.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Appreciate the post. Missed the link the first time through... I am with SimonKenton, not sure how they can get away with NOT hauling them to hospital. KY requires ER doc to "call the code" and sign off date/time of death for the official death certificate. Even if the Doc just steps out to the back of the buggy and says "Yeah. He's dead." and signs off the run sheet. Maybe NY / NYC have a different protocol ?

Evidently some arent aware of such unimportant little details.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I'm ok with someone drop kicking my ass a couple times, to jump start me! I'd like to be a pain in someone's else's ass for a change!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Appreciate the post. Missed the link the first time through... I am with SimonKenton, not sure how they can get away WITH not TAKEN them to hospital. KY requires ER doc to "call the code" and sign off date/time of death for the official death certificate. Even if the Doc just steps out to the back of the buggy and says "Yeah. He's dead." and signs off the run sheet. Maybe NY / NYC have a different protocol ?

TAKEN, ORION, TAKEN, DAMNIT, MAN, GET WITH IT. wink ....

If you want to change the verb, at least be grammatically correct... TAKING...

grin grin grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Almost anyone that dies in a hospital, cause of death is being attributed to C_19.............cities/states get more fed funding that way.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Almost anyone that dies in a hospital, cause of death is being attributed to C_19...
Got a link...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Almost anyone that dies in a hospital, cause of death is being attributed to C_19.............cities/states get more fed funding that way.

MM

I haven’t seen that, MM.

Yet.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Word of mouth from people in 3 different institutions.................no post mortems, so no other determining criteria.

Easy peasy, no real way to refute.

MM

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
There is a difference between a heart attack and a cardiac arrest.
It's been at least 15 years since my old department began leaving dead people at home. There is also criteria to pronounce people dead in the field not due to cardiac arrest. No need to tie up an ambulance to do it.
The American Heart Association sets the standards for advanced cardiac life support. (ACLS)

The standard while I was working was 2 rounds of cardiac drugs, shocks and CPR. If no response they are pronounced at the scene. It was weird to start leaving people but it was weird knowing you were taking a dead person to a hospital. Sometimes as was has been mentioned, a doc out on the ambo ramp smoking a cigarette would call it.

This is not news to people that have done EMS. You guys are getting sucked in by the main stream media.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...no real way to refute.
No real way to confirm either, evidently.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by readonly
IF they don't have a pulse.....they're already phuggin dead.
Your wife or kid in cardiac arrest...you OK with calling them at the scene and not even working it further...?

Modern properly equipped paramedic units are equipped the same way as a hospital. If they are not responding, they are not responding. I think the only exception is cold water drowning.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well looks like Obamacare is in play in NYC.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by readonly
IF they don't have a pulse.....they're already phuggin dead.
Your wife or kid in cardiac arrest...you OK with calling them at the scene and not even working it further...?
Modern properly equipped paramedic units are equipped the same way as a hospital. If they are not responding, they are not responding.
And they are equipped with a Paramedic with an Associates Degree as opposed to an ERMD who has spent a decade of his life perfecting his craft and has light years more knowledge and experience. Not to mention the fact that the ER/Hospital has emergency treatment adjuncts and drugs that are not available in the back of an ambulance. Not knockin’ EMS at all, but your comparison analogy is blatantly false.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Apples and oranges. Bypass surgery, the pipes aren't clogged when you restart the pump.

Do you even know what the survival rate is for a victim who falls in public from a heart attack, and the pump stops?

Do you even know how many minutes it is before the brain is permanently damaged, like vegetable, from no blood flow?

Do you know the average time it takes for an ambulance to arrive, while the pump is idle?

You have no clue, as always.

If I remember off the top of my head, if the pump stops while you are out on the street....6% survival rate. They drag them to the hospital, so the criminal Industrial medical complex can build a ticket (charge insurance or the estate) tens of thousands

As usual you have not the first fücking clue and are talking out of your ass.

1. In the county I work it was about 22% save ratio in 2018 (last posted data) for bystander cpr and 66% for witnessed arrest in presence of ems.

2. No set answer for this, average time to brain starting to die is 4-6 minutes but many people have had 10+ minute down times without oxygen that survived without brain damage.

3. In my EMS systems we average about 5 minutes to bls unit arrival which means trained cpr, basic airway and defibrillator. Als averages 8 minutes to scene.

But what do I know I’ve only got 23 years doing the job you claim to know all about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...no real way to refute.
No real way to confirm either, evidently.

You can go & check death certificates if you want confirmation; maybe take a trip to NYC.

MM

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (160user, 007FJ, 12savage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,909
Posts18,479,473
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.