Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
WTF.
Emergency official says 3M selling masks to foreign countries

https://www.foxnews.com/media/florida-emergency-official-3m-selling-masks-overseas

The head of Florida's Division of Emergency Management has accused U.S. mask manufacturer 3M of shipping the critical protective equipment to foreign countries who outbid U.S. buyers -- even as hospitals and state officials desperately scramble to secure N95 protective masks for healthcare workers on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic.

This should be stopped. America first please?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is true, and Trump is already kicking them in the twat.

Border patrol and Customs will be monitoring shipments straight from the factory.

3M Distributors will probably end up with a very well earned kick in the nuts.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Border patrol and Customs will be monitoring shipments straight from the factory.

LOL,
You do have a way with words. Nicely done.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by steve4102

LOL,

I hope he fines the fuuuck out of them!

Last edited by hanco; 04/03/20.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by steve4102

LOL,

I hope he fines the fuuuck out of them!

President Trump Invokes Defense Production Act Taking Control of 3M Production…

I’m not a big fan of government nationalizing private industry; but sheesh, if these multinationals won’t put America First during a crisis, then it becomes needed. It didn’t take long for 3M to chase profits over patriotism, and end up in hot water:

”The Secretary, through the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Administrator), shall use any and all authority available under the Act to acquire, from any appropriate subsidiary or affiliate of 3M Company, the number of N-95 respirators that the Administrator determines to be appropriate.”…

SUBJECT: Order Under the Defense Production Act Regarding 3M Company

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (50 U.S.C. 4501 et seq.) (the “Act”), it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. On March 13, 2020, I declared a national emergency recognizing the threat that the novel (new) coronavirus known as SARS-CoV-2 poses to our healthcare systems. In recognizing the public health risk, I noted that on March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization announced that the outbreak of COVID-19 (the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2) can be characterized as a pandemic.

I also noted that while the Federal Government, along with State and local governments, have taken preventive and proactive measures to slow the spread of the virus and to treat those affected, the spread of COVID-19 within our Nation’s communities threatens to strain our Nation’s healthcare systems.

I further noted that, to ensure that our healthcare systems are able to surge capacity and capability to respond to the spread of COVID-19, it is critical that all health and medical resources needed to respond to the spread of COVID-19 are properly distributed to the Nation’s healthcare systems and others that need them most at this time. Accordingly, I found that health and medical resources needed to respond to the spread of COVID-19, including personal protective equipment and ventilators, meet the criteria specified in section 101(b) of the Act (50 U.S.C. 4511(b)).

Sec. 2. Presidential Direction to the Secretary of Homeland Security (Secretary). The Secretary, through the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Administrator), shall use any and all authority available under the Act to acquire, from any appropriate subsidiary or affiliate of 3M Company, the number of N-95 respirators that the Administrator determines to be appropriate.

Sec. 3. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did 3M break a law?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In the rather lengthy press briefing on 4/2/2020 President Trump talked about 2 shipments of protective equipment that left the US. He said "I let it Go" because they were previously signed contracts. I think his invoking the Defense Production Act will prevent future occurrences of this type. He also addressed the issue of The Feds competing with the states in bidding wars. He also said if 2 states were bidding against each other one of the states would have to "step away".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pillow guy had his company convert to mask production, I don't think masks are very hard to make. Every state should assist local companies to produce. Personally I don't think this is complex.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The PRC nationalized them so they would keep their masks there and not ship them here. Multinational corps will have to be treated differently in the future and I mean those that produce strategic assets. I don't have an answer on how they should do this.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
WTF.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/florida-emergency-official-3m-selling-masks-overseas

The head of Florida's Division of Emergency Management has accused U.S. mask manufacturer 3M of shipping the critical protective equipment to foreign countries who outbid U.S. buyers -- even as hospitals and state officials desperately scramble to secure N95 protective masks for healthcare workers on the frontlines of the coronavirus pandemic.

Minnesota lieberal demoncraps at work.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
3M's CEO is scheduled to be on Fox & Friends this morning, according to a friend of mine who sells for 3M.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
WTF.

Minnesota lieberal demoncraps at work.

I don't know his politics or if he is a Liberal or not, but I do know that he is a POS.

Plenty of Republican POS as well.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Don’t you clowns understand the simple concept of contracts? Good grief!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Funny to see the difference in this threads attitude and that of the guy that marked up the masks he had at 700%.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by achadwick
Don’t you clowns understand the simple concept of contracts? Good grief!

I guess not, please explain how selling to the highest bidder with CASH is fulfilling contracts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Let's clear something up. It's 3M distributors that were doing that. Do we know if 3Ms distributors are independent? If they are, then 3M didn't sell the masks overseas.

Jared Moskowitz told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Thursday that he discovered that 3M distributors were prioritizing foreign buyers after they refused to sell him the essential equipment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WTF.

I have supply of 3M R95 masks, paperwork states Made in USA with globally sourced materials. These also help filter out odors. Americans make very nice face masks.
This is good gesture by 3M giving USA good PR. Italians are getting help form China, Russia and Cuba. Lets be honest CIA reports condemning China can't compete with genuine help.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Slavek
WTF.

I have supply of 3M R95 masks, paperwork states Made in USA with globally sourced materials. These also help filter out odors. Americans make very nice face masks.
This is good gesture by 3M giving USA good PR. Italians are getting help form China, Russia and Cuba. Lets be honest CIA reports condemning China can't compete with genuine help.

It would please me greatly if you would move to China.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,996
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.