Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
...no real way to refute.
No real way to confirm either, evidently.
You can go & check death certificates if you want confirmation; maybe take a trip to NYC.
Or you can do it and post your findings here...as opposed to you posting “word of mouth.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by readonly
IF they don't have a pulse.....they're already phuggin dead.
Your wife or kid in cardiac arrest...you OK with calling them at the scene and not even working it further...?

Modern properly equipped paramedic units are equipped the same way as a hospital. If they are not responding, they are not responding. I think the only exception is cold water drowning.

Time element involved here for the non responders?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There are protocols that vary from location to location that dictate who can “call it” when working a cardiac arrest. If someone is in asystole (flatline) we couldn’t shock based upon our medical director’s orders but paramedics could “call it” in the field when we had a patient that was “flatlined”. An MI is different than cardiac arrest and many (most ?) can recover from it assuming proper medical intervention is administered in a timely fashion.

We pronounced many people deceased while on-scene and did NOT transport them to the ER but rather we called the medical examiner and they dealt with it from there. We pronounced asystolic patients from infants that were casualties of SIDS to elderly people that went down at home to suicides to decapitations from MVA’s and everything in between. Cold water drownings were always transported because you’re not dead until you’re warm and dead.

There’s no reason to transport a flatline or someone that is obviously dead.
There’s every reason to transport an MI....

Triage can be a tough position for first responders and is almost counterintuitive to the personality of those that are EMT’s and paramedics but it’s absolutely necessary in mass casualty incidents. Working on those with a chance of survival versus wasting time on those likely to die was always a necessary but tough call. This pandemic is really just triage on a massive scale but the principles of triage don’t change just because we’re dealing with a virus instead of trauma.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by ironbender
... Antlers posted a link to the story above. ...

Appreciate the post. Missed the link the first time through... I am with SimonKenton, not sure how they can get away with NOT hauling them to hospital. KY requires ER doc to "call the code" and sign off date/time of death for the official death certificate. Even if the Doc just steps out to the back of the buggy and says "Yeah. He's dead." and signs off the run sheet. Maybe NY / NYC have a different protocol ?

Couldn't pronounce over the phone or radio telemetry?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Your wife or kid in cardiac arrest...you OK with calling them at the scene and not even working it further...?
Modern properly equipped paramedic units are equipped the same way as a hospital. If they are not responding, they are not responding.
And they are equipped with a Paramedic with an Associates Degree as opposed to an ERMD who has spent a decade of his life perfecting his craft and has light years more knowledge and experience. Not to mention the fact that the ER/Hospital has emergency treatment adjuncts and drugs that are not available in the back of an ambulance. Not knockin’ EMS at all, but your comparison analogy is blatantly false.

It's not an analogy, I kept a paramedic license for 30 years. Doctors and nurses take the same ACLS class I did. I have seen them do the exact same thing in the ER that I did in the field. The results were the same. The rules changed and the docs were on board with it. It doesn't take 10 years to be trained in ACLS. If the hospitals were doing some medical study then we might bring someone in. Doctors do not have magic hands if the meds/CPR/shocks don't work after 15 minutes, they don't work. like I said. It's the doctors that write these rules and policies.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Modern properly equipped paramedic units are equipped the same way as a hospital. If they are not responding, they are not responding. I think the only exception is cold water drowning.

For cold water drownings? None really. Medical control would make the decision but the rule was they aren't dead until they are warm and dead. I will amend my statment to include any drowning. You never know until you clear the lungs and get oxygen circulating again.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Apples and oranges. Bypass surgery, the pipes aren't clogged when you restart the pump.

Do you even know what the survival rate is for a victim who falls in public from a heart attack, and the pump stops?

Do you even know how many minutes it is before the brain is permanently damaged, like vegetable, from no blood flow?

Do you know the average time it takes for an ambulance to arrive, while the pump is idle?

You have no clue, as always.

If I remember off the top of my head, if the pump stops while you are out on the street....6% survival rate. They drag them to the hospital, so the criminal Industrial medical complex can build a ticket (charge insurance or the estate) tens of thousands

As usual you have not the first fücking clue and are talking out of your ass.

1. In the county I work it was about 22% save ratio in 2018 (last posted data) for bystander cpr and 66% for witnessed arrest in presence of ems.

2. No set answer for this, average time to brain starting to die is 4-6 minutes but many people have had 10+ minute down times without oxygen that survived without brain damage.

3. In my EMS systems we average about 5 minutes to bls unit arrival which means trained cpr, basic airway and defibrillator. Als averages 8 minutes to scene.

But what do I know I’ve only got 23 years doing the job you claim to know all about.

Rapid AED intervention gives a cardiac arrest a greater chance of survival than anything else. We had one of our guys go down while jogging at a local high school. He went down 50 yards from the engine. He got put on the AED and survived. He came back to work and was the "Dead Man Walking" until he retired 3 years later. What surprised everyone was that he was a runner and was pretty lean and fit. I guess when your numbers up, it's up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not an analogy.
Yes, it is. It’s a comparison analogy. And it’s false. You said “Modern properly equipped paramedic units are equipped the same way as a hospital.” That’s simply not true. As I said, ER’s and hospitals have treatment adjuncts and drugs that paramedics in the back of an ambulance don’t have. And if you think that just because you take the same ACLS classes that ERMD’s take, that your knowledge and skills and experience are on par with theirs...then that’s just as big of a crock as is your assertion that the back of an ambulance “is equipped the same way as a hospital” is. Again, not knockin’ EMS...I’ve been very involved with it for well over 30 years...but paramedics ain’t ER doctors, and the back of an ambulance ain’t an ER.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Who are these “intelligent people” you continually refer to? Name the members you know who roll in the horse shît you spew, here.

NOT ONE SINGLE MEMBER CAME OUT AND POSTED ANYTHING TO PROVIDE LEGITIMACY TO YOUR NAMESAKE HERE...NOT ONE!

Show us all your supporters...We’ll wait, like usual - for nothing from you.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Yeah, I've heard from an ambulance dude over here that it's almost the norm for a patient that they resuscitate from a heart attack, where the heart stops, will not last all that long afterwards even if they make it to hospital. The pipes are blocked and the heart is damaged and there's no quick fix for that.

Originally Posted by ejp1234

https://cpr.heart.org/en/resources/cpr-facts-and-stats
“About 90 percent of people who experience an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest die.”

CPR survivability is about 4% to 5%. Not 99% like Hollyweird...

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The chance of a recovery in the ER, after the code has been worked unsuccessfully in the field, is around zero.

Beaver10…..your brain “IS” dead.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
6%? Uhh-huh, Yeah.

Sorry. Don't buy your schit, Eelsucker91..

Yeah, I've heard from an ambulance dude over here that it's almost the norm for a patient that they resuscitate from a heart attack, where the heart stops, will not last all that long afterwards even if they make it to hospital. The pipes are blocked and the heart is damaged and there's no quick fix for that.

“About 90 percent of people who experience an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest die.”

The chance of a recovery in the ER, after the code has been worked unsuccessfully in the field, is around zero.

local_dirt…..your brain “IS” dirt.

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag
You sure are an ignorant basturd.

You sure do make it easy to make you look ignorant.

"He is far from Stupid"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good to see you’re still a dumbass.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Good grief, you are a loud-mouth creep.

Good-bye.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
If I remember off the top of my head, if the pump stops while you are out on the street....6% survival rate. They drag them to the hospital, so the criminal Industrial medical complex can build a ticket (charge insurance or the estate) tens of thousands

As usual you have not the first fücking clue and are talking out of your ass.

1. In the county I work it was about 22% save ratio in 2018 (last posted data) for bystander cpr and 66% for witnessed arrest in presence of ems.

Hey you mentally deranged cyber-stalker troll, I never stated in my post the patient would receive bystander cpr or witnessed arrest in presence of ems.

The 6% was clearly for a person IN PUBLIC dropping, and then who knows when a 911 call would be made, and that does not guarantee the closest station rolls, if the closet station is already running a call.

You posted a "perfect" scenario in your attempt to feed your mentally sick narcissism.

Screw off idiot. You're stupid.

No pumping is 6% survival.

B-fib is around 12% survival if they get there soon enough.

Your 22% is A FLUKE when compared to the national save percentages.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Springcove
Good to see you’re still a dumbass.

And you can't refute any of my facts, and that is why you are mentally sick, and a mentally deranged cyber-stalking troll.

FACTS.....they burn YOU.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Good grief, you are a loud-mouth creep.

Good-bye.

Thanks for showing everyone how mentally sick you are, cyber-stalking troll.

"He is far from Stupid"

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Go away forever you tool. Seriously not one person enjoys your company. Bye.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The only fact I see is you’re a dumbass and it’s irrefutable.

You’re a legend in your own mind BOT 🤖 boy.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ironbender
... Antlers posted a link to the story above. ...

Appreciate the post. Missed the link the first time through... I am with SimonKenton, not sure how they can get away with NOT hauling them to hospital. KY requires ER doc to "call the code" and sign off date/time of death for the official death certificate. Even if the Doc just steps out to the back of the buggy and says "Yeah. He's dead." and signs off the run sheet. Maybe NY / NYC have a different protocol ?

Couldn't pronounce over the phone or radio telemetry?

During the time that I ran, we were EMT-B only. No P2 onboard. We had to call mobile medics if needed. "Calls" were by ER Doc, Flight Doc if we called Air Care to the scene, or coroner for those cases that were "obviously" DRT. May have had one or two instances where a flight nurse radio'ed their Doc / Medical Director to call one remotely if no Doc on the helicopter.

Nuff said...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

For cold water drownings? None really. Medical control would make the decision but the rule was they aren't dead until they are warm and dead. I will amend my statment to include any drowning. You never know until you clear the lungs and get oxygen circulating again.

Reason I ask is over the years I’ve given cpr to 3 people, two of which survived and lived on for a few years. None of the three were breathing or had discernible pulse at the time cpr was initiated.

The one that died regained a faint pulse but never regained consciousness.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 43 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,334
Posts18,526,746
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.