Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by horse1
I know you said no dually, but, this is a LOT more truck for $2K less:

F550

What I'm trying to get at is $48K for that std cab truck is flipping NUTZ!!!!!

I tend to agree.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SamOlson
"Management" and I are in discussion over purchasing this bad boy.

Ditch the box and add a Hydra-Bed.

The big gas, some mud tires and a locking rear axle would be sweet IMO.

https://www.foxfordwolfpoint.com/ne...0-4X4+STYLESIDE+PICKUP-1FTRF3BN8LED50855

I didn’t know they even made regular cab pickups anymore. That looks like it would be a good one.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A local radio show does a couple hours on Saturday mornings about nothing but used autos especially their values. He said the biggest value for savings right now by a good margin is “large diesel trucks” .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Clay, I want a short turning radius, for driving in pens, river bottom trees, pulling a stock trailer around washouts, off-road maneuverability ...

Single rear wheel is good, so tired of DRW and mud.

With double the rear tires you get triple the mud! I know exactly what you're saying especially when you're turning around in tight spaces all the time.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
A local radio show does a couple hours on Saturday mornings about nothing but used autos especially their values. He said the biggest value for savings right now by a good margin is “large diesel trucks” .

Yep, my '11 6.7L Ford Crew w/160K Mi is probably worth under $20K on trade and is over $50K to replace like-for-like.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Yep, my '11 6.7L Ford Crew w/160K Mi is probably worth under $20K on trade and is over $50K to replace like-for-like.

Why didn't it hold its value better. Last week I sold a 06 Chevy HD 2500, duramax, with 6 speed Allison , 96,400 miles! I got 22,500 cash for it. 4door ,short box! Are you talking trade in or private party price!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Heym06

Why didn't it hold its value better. Last week I sold a 06 Chevy HD 2500, duramax, with 6 speed Allison , 96,400 miles! I got 22,500 cash for it. 4door ,short box! Are you talking trade in or private party price!

The 06 duramax is already a 1 year classic that everyone wants. Was it 4x4, hell of a price if it was.

I have an 06 duramax 4x4 with 250,000 and beat to hell, people want to buy it all the time, no way I'm letting it go.

Kent

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Low mileage diesels from that period are in high demand since they don’t have NEAR as much emissions especially a Duramax or a Cummins. A Ford 6.0 is worth less.
Plus a trade in will never or rarely be a good deal unless you bought it really right .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Because you had a pre-DPF/DEF truck with very low miles.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by krp

The 06 duramax is already a 1 year classic that everyone wants. Was it 4x4, hell of a price if it was.

I have an 06 duramax 4x4 with 250,000 and beat to hell, people want to buy it all the time, no way I'm letting it go.

Kent

I had two the one i sold was 4x4, as is the one i kept! Both 06, one is my personal truck, the other was my business truck. I bought the business truck in 08 used for 27500. No one was buying because of the economy! They were the first Chevy trucks I owned. I was always a Ford guy! Would never go back! After being screwed on a 6.0 Ford, they can keep there trucks.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thirsty, my F-150 Crew Cab works just fine, so I'm not in the market for anything new. That said as a starting number to dicker with I usually see percentages in the low 20's off MSRP, but there is an outfit out of Orlando (Napleton Automotive) that always has up to 25% off on Ram trucks. Every so often they were advertising up to 30% off MSRP. That is the most off that I've ever seen in a TV commercial. I wanted to get a picture of that off the TV, but it comes up quick and I was never been fast enough.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I had two the one i sold was 4x4, as is the one i kept! Both 06, one is my personal truck, the other was my business truck. I bought the business truck in 08 used for 27500. No one was buying because of the economy! They were the first Chevy trucks I owned. I was always a Ford guy! Would never go back! After being screwed on a 6.0 Ford, they can keep there trucks.

Nice! bought mine new for pulling tractors and equipment for work. They are wanted because the engines were upgraded over the 05 and don't have the smog requirements of 07, it's said they are the best year made.

Kent

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
how much better do you think it can get besides 0% for 84 months?

They cost what they cost. The manufacturers might throw another $1500-2000 on rebates. The dealer markup is fixed and its not much. About $500-800 on cars and $2-4k on most trucks. Dealers make their money in service and financing not sales.

Your best deals are probably right now while they are trying to make something happen and inventory is good. in another month or so inventory will start getting low. factories have been slowed for a month and idle for two weeks already.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy american,not toyota,Nissan,honda!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Financing is low, but high qualifying credit scores. I would think prices will go down, but remember they are not making any new cars or trucks right now so supplies will be limited if you are looking for a specific model.

Good point, demand is poor, but new auto builds are well off also. They ain’t gonna give them away.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Financing is low, but high qualifying credit scores. I would think prices will go down, but remember they are not making any new cars or trucks right now so supplies will be limited if you are looking for a specific model.

Good point, demand is poor, but new auto builds are well off also. They ain’t gonna give them away.

I bought a new Buick today over the internet from a dealer I bought my 2018 truck from, kinda strange not doing this in person. I financed part of price though my credit union at 2.99% and it was cheaper than the the 0% GM financing. With the GM plan I would had to give up a $3500 rebate. At 2.99% , I would be out $1200 on interest if I don't pay it off early. The bottom line is the bottom line. They are going to deliver it to my house next week, a 120 mile drive. There was a $9880 mark down off of sticker price on a $28000 stickered car. The salesman said that they usually sold around 1000 vehicles a month, they are selling about 500 this month. I've been watching on the internet and saw the markdowns two days ago. Most of the time they have about 500 Buick SUVs on the lot, down to a little over a 100 now and none coming in. They started selling an Encore unit with a CVT and three cylinder this year. Thought I would go ahead and get a 2020 model with six speed automatic while they are still available. Not sure I'm ready for a SUV with a CVT. Had one in a small Sentra and it was alright, not sure about a bigger car with one yet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Nice! bought mine new for pulling tractors and equipment for work. They are wanted because the engines were upgraded over the 05 and don't have the smog requirements of 07, it's said they are the best year made.

Kent

It’s the 06 and 07 Classic that have the LBZ Code Duramax. I have a tuned 07 Classic. It’s all PPE (Pacific Performance Engineering) and a beast. I’ve got the bed off, it needs brake lines, fuel lines, frame cross members, etc. It’s a SRW truck that I put a DRW suspension on (overload spring packs with frame perches, solid front and rear sway bars). I should probably find a nice southern or west cost truck that needs an engine. I took good care of it, but then salt just caught up with us.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i personally would wait a few years for the new ford 7.3/10 speed to get some road time. seems like a good combo but you never know. i just wish my '15 f250 with the 6.2 gasser got better mileage. 10.2 mpg sucks.

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Buy american,not toyota,Nissan,honda!

My Toyota was built in San Antonio, Texas. Last time I checked, Texas is one of the 50 states of These United States of America.

The Chevy Colorado I was looking at was built in Mexico...

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by rem141r
i personally would wait a few years for the new ford 7.3/10 speed to get some road time. seems like a good combo but you never know. i just wish my '15 f250 with the 6.2 gasser got better mileage. 10.2 mpg sucks.

I’m told the 6.7 diesels get piss poor mileage as well. So really no current 3/4-1 ton Ford (or any other make for that matter) gets any mileage, no point in worrying about it. And gas is always cheaper than diesel anymore, which didn’t used to be the case. When I was a kid a big argument for Diesel engines in pickups was the economy and cheap fuel. The early ford and Chevy diesels couldn’t pull for chit, big block gassers would run off and leave them. Diesel pickups didn’t really take off for towing heavy until Dodge started putting the 5.9 Cummins in theirs around 1990. Nowadays the Diesel engines in pickups are approaching Big truck HP and torque, economy is mostly out the door. With the higher purchase price for Diesel engine equipped pickups and the emissions BS required on the engines, it’s gotten to the point where you should really only buy a diesel if you really do need the heavy towing performance. Which of course half the people buying them don’t really need.

If that 7.3/10spd combo ends up with towing performance that’s anything like the 6.7 powerstroke, it may be a attractive option for many who are looking for an alternative to Diesels..

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,720
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.