Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
anything stamped on the shank?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by slumlord
And I got bacon bits too

I win

You spread them on your kibble & bits?

Just on his naughty bits..

Only Cheeto Puffs on those

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
anything stamped on the shank?

Just "HSS" and the size of the bit. (High Speed Steel)

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/03/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just heard back from Mike at Drill Hog. He stated that "Drill Hog is made in America."

He also offered to send me a free small bottle of their cutting oil.

Good news.

These Drill Hogs bits certainly look better made than any of Chinese bits I have looked at closely. But as I stated, the proof will be in the cutting ability.

I asked Mike at Drill Hog if Norseman is their supplier, but I doubt he will answer that particular question.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I received the Drill Hogs today and I think they might be American made. Embossed on the front cover of the index, are the words "MADE IN USA." Also embossed is "Huot," which I believe is a company that just makes indexes. These Molybdenum bits sure look like Norseman bits, but I guess there's no telling where they were manufactured. Drill Hog is probably just rebranding them and selling them under their own name. If these bits are not Made in USA, Drill Hog is unquestionably engaging in deceptive trade practices. The Drill Hog bits definitely look like quality bits, but the proof will be in the cutting. It's not worth the hassle of returning them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Um, the Huot index is readily available to purchase. Drill Hog are slimy phucqkers I have concluded.

https://www.huot.com/product/drill-us-size/

Best deals on Norseman are going to be Amazon and/or Ebay.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Really? OK

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have a bunch of loose Co bits. All that have room for text say USA. I think they're blowing smoke.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Um, the Huot index is readily available to purchase. Drill Hog are slimy phucqkers I have concluded.

Thanks. Yes, I am aware that Huot makes drill indexes available for purchase, as I stated in my post that you quoted.

Mike at Drill Hog told me, in writing, that they are made in America.

Drill Hog may indeed be a shady company, and it may be difficult to get them to honor the warranty, but the bits themselves should be perfectly adequate if they are indeed made in America. I only paid $31.00. I suspect that the bits they sell were supplied by Norseman. We'll see if Mike at Drill Hog confirms that suspicion.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a bunch of loose Co bits. All that have room for text say USA. I think they're blowing smoke.

They just might be, but for him to say, in writing, that the bits are made in America, makes the company liable if he's lying, wouldn't you think? Why would he lie and put his company at risk? Do you have any evidence that Drill Hog bits are MIC?

- Del Gue
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
On their site it says, "Made by Drill Hog USA." There is no such thing as a Drill Hog Factory is there? Where on their tools does it say Made in USA? It damned well would. But, there's fans out there. I am curious. Some indicate they look just like Norseman bits.... Maybe. Their business address is like a UPS mail box in CA. WTF is that? LOL

Viking is made in St Paul MN. Easy to find. No BS. You can apply for a job and everything.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 04/03/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I received the Drill Hogs today and I think they might be American made. Embossed on the front cover of the index, are the words "MADE IN USA." Also embossed is "Huot," which I believe is a company that just makes indexes...

Please!!!

The Huot index is made in USA. Nowhere on Drill Hog USA's site does it say "made in USA".

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
On their site it says, "Made by Drill Hog USA." There is no such thing as a Drill Hog Factory is there? Where on their tools does it say Made in USA? It damned well would. But, there's fans out there. I am curious. Some indicate they look just like Norseman bits.... Maybe. Their business address is like a UPS mail box in CA. WTF is that? LOL

Viking is made in St Paul MN. Easy to find. No BS. You can apply for a job and everything.

I don’t dispute anything you stated.

Originally Posted by pal
Please!!!

The Huot index is made in USA. Nowhere on Drill Hog USA's site does it say "made in USA".

Look fellers, I’ve stated several times that I am aware the Huot index alone is made in USA.

I am also aware that the Drill Hog website does not state anywhere that their products are Made in USA. What I did state, is that I received an e-mail from Mike at Drill Hog who stated, in writing, that “Drill Hog is made in America.” I don’t have any actual evidence that contradicts his claim. Whether or not he’s lying, I cannot say.

Also, as I’ve stated, I only paid $31.00, including shipping. It would not be worth the hassle to return them. I can always order a set of Norseman or Viking bits for not that much more cash.

Maybe I got screwed, but at least it wasn't a Royal Screwing. After all, I did receive the bits I ordered and they certainly look like decent bits.

- Del Gue
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I received an e-mail from Mike at Drill Hog who stated, in writing, that “Drill Hog is made in America.”...

Well, if that makes you feel better about buying Chinesium drill bits... smile

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
...I received an e-mail from Mike at Drill Hog who stated, in writing, that “Drill Hog is made in America.”...

Well, if that makes you feel better about buying Chinesium drill bits... smile

No, it doesn't. I friggin' hate Chinese products. Please direct me to your evidence that Drill Hog bits are made in Chiner.

- Del Gue
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pal
I received the Drill Hogs today and I think they might be American made. Embossed on the front cover of the index, are the words "MADE IN USA." Also embossed is "Huot," which I believe is a company that just makes indexes...

Please!!!

There are lots of specific items that state MADE IN USA on Drill Hog’s site.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I could bankrupt DrillHog on #40 bits alone!

100% Lifetime Warranty Hmmmmm

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by pal

Please!!!

There are lots of specific items that state MADE IN USA on Drill Hog’s site.

Also says Drill Hog is from Montana. More bullchit. Left hand bits do say Proudly made in the USA. US Made by Drill Hog. Drill Hog® is a professional manufacture of Drill Bits and cutting tools based in Montana USA LOL Hole saws too. Pretty damned sleazy.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 04/04/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not defending Drill Hog, as I'd really like to know if they are indeed made in America, but no one has been able to post any evidence whatsoever that Drill Hog bits are made in Chiner.

Just saying so does not make it true.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/04/20.

- Del Gue
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Please direct me to your evidence that Drill Hog bits are made in Chiner.

Please direct me to your evidence that proves they are made in USA.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Somebody with computer skills should be able to find out if the company is based in California. Calif has a "supply chain disclosure law" that requires companies to make available: components, parts and assembly origins. I don't think there is much compliance though in the real world. RCBS has a page that says they are compliant and participating...but it seems to be a dead end.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,484 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.