Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Obviously they source select items from US manufacturers, such as the left hand drills and hole saws And flaunt the flag and US made indexes to make it appear other items are US manufactured which are not. Are they COO Chinky? I would presume so.

Would Mike fib a little?
Are the non domestic items usable?
Is it sleazy a phucqk to say they're a manufacturer?
Any evidence of a factory or any other presence in Montana?
What business that is up and up has only a UPS box in California? No physical address. No telephone number provided? No FACTORY?

My only experience with this was after HN mentioned the company I got on Ebay and was like hell yes I am sold... Then got concerns and started digging. If you look, you will see the reason for the doubts listed. I intentionally buy China chit, sometimes directly, but, I damned well want the information to decide. Ten years ago Amazon listed COO on all items. No more. It's gotten so bad. Phucqk Drill Hog.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well I didn't read all this & had never heard of Drill Hog. So I looked them up & first thing I read was, the newest technology in drill bit material, molly. "M7" steel.

M7 was developed by the Cleveland Twist Drill Corp. prior to 1972, & if memory serves it was even a registered trade mark for them.. I don't when exactly, but they hired me in 72 & M7 was present. The drill rod was color coded green buy the inspector, me.

So, right out of the gate, I get BS from a company I just looked up. I'll second or third the motion, fugg DH.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Oh Mighty Keyboard Warriors! I am but a lowly knave in this realm, and though my drill bit knowledge be small, I prostrate myself before your vast knowledge and world-renowned drill bit expertise:

Again, y'all may indeed be correct, but you still have not posted any evidence.

While I'm not disputing anything any of you have stated, until I see definitive proof to the contrary, y'all are just bloviating.

I was asked to post evidence that Drill Hog is made in USA. Not sure why I would need to do this. The onus is on you since y'all are the ones claiming the contrary. This be the only 'evidence' I have:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This entire 'argument' is absolutely ridiculous. We're talking about a $31.00 purchase. Were y'all aware of this fact?

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/04/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think I'll print out this thread, grind it up, and apply it liberally to my garden.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I think I'll print out this thread, grind it up, and apply it liberally to my garden.
Jerry

I'm with Hotrod.

As a lowely knave, I can only advise that you use a shredder rather than a grinder - GoodGod Man! Use the right tool for the job! Isn't that what this thread is all about?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jerry

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My only dealings with DH is a 3pc step drill set.

It worked very well drilling in a........

Plastic tank.

Got my money out of it.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
"Dill Hog is made in America." He didn't say the $31 drill set is made in America. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Also and FYI, Drill Hog has 100% Positive Feedback based upon 46,546 sales on flea-bay. I don't believe this would be the case if they sold Chinese crap.

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Jerry

I'm with Hotrod.

As a lowely knave, I can only advise that you use a shredder rather than a grinder - GoodGod Man! Use the right tool for the job! Isn't that what this thread is all about?

Please include specifications on shredder and how many decades’ experience one has with it. 🤣

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Slum, I was just bloviating & I don't appreciate being called out on my shredding experience.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
"Dill Hog is made in America." He didn't say the $31 drill set is made in America. LOL

Yes, I caught that slight-of-hand.

Everyone should prepare for death. I got taken and my $31.00 Moly drill bit set was the lynch-pin which would have saved us all.

I blame myself. If only I had listened and spent 3X more on a Norseman or Viking drill index.

What is Best in life, you may ask?

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of the women... Oh, & to own a quality American made drill index."

- Conan the Ballbarian

- Del Gue
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Also and FYI, Drill Hog has 100% Positive Feedback based upon 46,546 sales on flea-bay. I don't believe this would be the case if they sold Chinese crap.

Who said they sell Chinese crap? They sell the best Chinese chit so as to appear as US manufactured. LOL

Hummm....
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx3RAQHC4K3R4CK/?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m gonna get a set. Drill some holes in some cshit. I’m bored.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OK then fellers, I bow in deference to your experience. At this point, I believe the only possible way to satiate the drill bit gods is to inquire at the source. Below is a letter I just penned to Mike at Drill Hog, which I am planning to send later this afternoon:

Mike:

I have done considerable research on your company and your products. I do not like what I have uncovered:

1) Drill Hog has no physical address.
2) Drill Hog does not have a manufacturing facility in the US.
3) Drill Hog has no e-mail address or phone number.
4) Drill Hog’s “location” is a P.O. Box in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
5) No one that I have found so far, has had any success w/ Drill Hog’s warranty.
6) Drill Hog's LLC was created on 4/19/17 by a Chinese company.
7) The bits I received are not stamped Made in USA.
8) Drill Hog has deceptively encased the bits I received in a Huot index, which is an index that is made in America and is readily available for purchase from a real American company with a real address and real contact information.
9) In my initial inquiry to you, I asked you where the Drill Bits were manufactured. In your reply, you stated that “Drill Hog is made in America!” You did not state that the specific drill bits I ordered and inquired about were Made in America. This is a sleight-of-hand maneuver.
10) On your website, you tout the newest technology in drill bit material, Moly M7 steel, but M7 steel was developed by the Cleveland Twist Drill Corp prior to 1972!
11) CA has a supply chain disclosure law. Drill Hog does not appear to be in compliance with this law.

Please address each of these concerns; otherwise, it will be abundantly clear that Drill Hog is engaging in Deceptive Trade Practices. You sold me a drill bit set under the guise of American manufacture, which is clearly not the case. If you are unwilling to address all of these concerns, please e-mail me a return shipping label so that I can return these bits for a full refund. Thank you.

Sincerely,

- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn’t read all 1234 replies on this

I use a Blu Mol and bathe the fûck out the metal with an oil squirter (like the Tin Man has) of whatever oil I got.

I’m way out of my league here, but I drilled about 80 1/4” holes thru 3/8 steel with same bit couple years ago on some home fab truss brackets I made.

So I got that goin for me.

peace out

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
High Noon,

The campfire won’t be happy until there’s blood.....

Or at least some bruising. 😂.

You should be packing for a road trip. Don’t spare the horses.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Duly noted.

- Del Gue
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I like Bit-o-honey....

My German Shorthair will attack for some blueberry Tim bits...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Noon, you'd think you were a new guy the way they pile on. Good luck drilling a few holes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 22250rem, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 48 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.