Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You have to be alive to even be able to have freedom. I really feel sorry for most of you guys that don’t see anything but your self and don’t care about anyone else around you. Let me guess you was raised everyone gets a trophy too!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by mirage243
Covid-19 fatality rates are 20 times higher than for the flu. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...ut-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common/amp
That can't be proven, we don't really know who has it and who don't.
Francois Balloux, Professor of Computational Systems Biology at University College London disagrees with you.
How does a dude in London know who has it here, and who doesn't?
Man, you have ‘got’ to be pretending to be ‘this’ daft...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Buck720
Originally Posted by dassa
I used to think this site was full of people who would be the ones to stand beside when the shot hit the fan. Now, I'm dismayed how easily most are willing to give up freedom for a (false) sense of security.

Apparently none of you have been around anyone that has had this crap or you wouldn’t be worried about freedom instead of just living. What the hell is freedom if your dead!

Thanks for making my point. 200 years of patriots were willing to give their lives so you could cower in the basement afraid of the virus. What the he'll is life if your scared to go outside?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Democrats do not need or use the constitution. Double and triple standards in this country.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 04/04/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to think this site was full of people who would be the ones to stand beside when the shot hit the fan. Now, I'm dismayed how easily most are willing to give up freedom for a (false) sense of security.

Apparently none of you have been around anyone that has had this crap or you wouldn’t be worried about freedom instead of just living. What the hell is freedom if your dead!
Thanks for making my point. 200 years of patriots were willing to give their lives so you could cower in the basement afraid of the virus. What the hell is life if your scared to go outside?
The man just said that two of his family members have already been killed by this virus. He’s experienced it’s lethality in a way that I’m sure he hopes you never do. All ER’s and hospitals in epicenters of this pandemic in the USA are begging for any help they can get...as brave as you make yourself out to be, why don’t you step up and go do some volunteer work at one of these places of immense risk and death and suffering due to this contagion...?

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Thanks for making my point. 200 years of patriots were willing to give their lives so you could cower in the basement afraid of the virus. What the hell is life if your scared to go outside?
The man just said that two of his family members have already been killed by this virus. He’s experienced it’s lethality in a way that I’m sure he hopes you never do. All ER’s and hospitals in epicenters of this pandemic in the USA are begging for any help they can get...as brave as you make yourself out to be, why don’t you step up and go do some volunteer work at one of these places of immense death and suffering due to this contagion...?

I put in over a hundred hours at work this week, at my regular job. But you're right, everyone in my family is immortal. I'm sorry for his loss, but everyone sitting in their houses is no guarantee that this won't go through the world anyway. There are also consequences for shutting down the economy. There are studies showing hundreds of thousands of people died during the last recession that probably would have lived in better economic times.

But this thread is about the constitutionality of governors sitting down businesses. If they can declare an emergency and suspend the constitution, I would have hoped more people would be outraged. My hopes were dashed.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
At this point, a meth head livin on the street can take a dump and tap a vein in front of the cops, and walk away.

A preacher with the Good book in his hands will be shot if he resists arrest for appearing in public.

And lotsa fire members support the situation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All ER’s and hospitals in epicenters of this pandemic in the USA are begging for any help they can get...as brave as you make yourself out to be, why don’t you step up and go do some volunteer work at one of these places of immense risk and death and suffering due to this contagion...?
I'm getting curious. Would you care to tell us a little about yourself? Age, occupation health staus, etc.?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will tell you about my family members that passed they was both in there early forties and non smokers for the most part healthy. Now their two siblings that was left behind are in 14 day quarantine and if they make it will have to live with other family members. But you guys keep going out and doing what y’all feel is your right.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

You have to be alive to even be able to have freedom. I really feel sorry for most of you guys that don’t see anything but your self and don’t care about anyone else around you. Let me guess you was raised everyone gets a trophy too!

I'd be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that I've forgot more about winning than you'll ever know. Trophies included.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I will tell you about my family members that passed they was both in there early forties and non smokers for the most part healthy. Now their two siblings that was left behind are in 14 day quarantine and if they make it will have to live with other family members. But you guys keep going out and doing what y’all feel is your right.

Somebody that's been on the fire for 30 seconds, just happens ta have two family members killed, and two disabled, by Covid?

What are the odds?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
All ER’s and hospitals in epicenters of this pandemic in the USA are begging for any help they can get...as brave as you make yourself out to be, why don’t you step up and go do some volunteer work at one of these places of immense risk and death and suffering due to this contagion...?
I'm getting curious. Would you care to tell us a little about yourself? Age, occupation health staus, etc.?
Sure, right after you tell us a little about yourself...? Age, occupation, health status, etc....?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Somebody that's been on the fire for 30 seconds, just happens ta have two family members killed, and two disabled, by Covid?

What are the odds?

Prezactly

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I drive from my house to my farm, where I work alone on the house we will be moving into. Then I drive back home. Be damned if anyone is going to tell me I am a danger to others and need to stay home. By the same token, I am not working for customers right now, mostly so I do not expose them if I happen to be carrying the virus. I don’t eat out. I wear nitrile gloves when I fuel the truck. I do these things as much for others as for myself.

My wife works for Walmart, so I could become a carrier or infected long before I am aware of it, thus I take precautions to keep from possibly infecting others. Haven’t talked to anyone but my wife in person for a couple of weeks now.

I value liberty enough to die for it. Liberty, being nothing more than freedom used responsibly, makes it incumbent on me to respect the liberty of others, and to do nothing to infringe such. I have the right to travel freely, to live my life, but am responsible for the decisions I make and for ensuring that those do not harm others. So I go to work out on the farm, with the radio for company, and come straight back home. See no one, hurt no one. Just hope the wife doesn’t bring this thing home to me. No time to be sick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure, right after you tell us a little about yourself...? Age, occupation, health status, etc....?
Fair enough. 67, retired game warden, presently raise beef cattle and timber, married to a member of the opposite sex , 3 grown children, 3 grand children, have been diagnosed with beginning right side heart failure, Deist, fish at least one day per week, hunt hogs almost every day and some nights, like to travel, Democrat although I've never voted for one for president, favorable to labor unions, nationalist in that I'm anti foreign intervention.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Fubarski
There's no difference between revoking the Bill of Rights to save some people from a virus, and revoking the 2d Amendment to save some people from gunshot wounds.

They'd a big difference. People are dying from this virus! Did you want to visit will these families and explain to them that people die? Yeah, didn't think so.

Geez....

I have to ask, how does a guy like you function in life? I'm going to let you in on a little secret, but don't tell anyone.... one day, we all die! shocked

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Kentucky has been aggressive since early on in containing the virus. The numbers are starting to level off. 93 more confirmed cases today. That's good news considering that testing is much more prevalent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair enough. 67, retired game warden, presently raise beef cattle and timber, married to a member of the opposite sex , 3 grown children, 3 grand children, have been diagnosed with beginning right side heart failure, Deist, fish at least one day per week, hunt hogs almost every day and some nights, like to travel, Democrat although I've never voted for one for president, favorable to labor unions, nationalist in that I'm anti foreign intervention.
58. Been an ER nurse (and paramedic) for 33 years (including flight nursing on a helicopter, and supervisor in a regional trauma and emergency center). Also taught EMS at the local junior college. Single, 3 grown kids. No health problems. Strive to follow the teachings of Jesus. Had an FFL for 22 years and put a lotta guns in the hands of law abiding citizens. Used to hunt big game and waterfowl and upland game zealously. Loved guns and hunting and shooting for most of my life. Loved custom hunting knives too. Done a lotta saltwater fishing. Nowadays I would rather, and do, climb and hike. A lot. Independent, with Conservative leanings. Lotta regrets.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
7k people dead so far, in a country of 330 million. 7k couldn't even be a rounding error in the census and yet, we're literally committing economic suicide. If this continues on, people are going to really, really regret it when there are no jobs to return to.

The virus is predominantly killing old people yet, I see old people out all over the place. The solution is simple. The old, the perpetually sick, and the fuggin pussies should all stay home while everyone else gets back to work. If you're young and get sick, stay home and eat chicken noodle soup... like we did in the oldin days way back in 2019. If you get the virus well, that sucks.. hope you survive. An no employment protection for the fuggin pussies.

My opinion, I see a bunch of people who are more than happy to "work from home" or take their furlough and collect a government check. I think deep down, a lot of people including many on this forum, are enjoying their little vacation and leisure. But it's going to come at a steep price.

I just hope some adults finally take control of the situation and say the jig is up... get your ases back to work.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by copperking81
7k people dead so far, in a country of 330 million. 7k couldn't even be a rounding error in the census and yet, we're literally committing economic suicide. If this continues on, people are going to really, really regret it when there are no jobs to return to.

The virus is predominantly killing old people yet, I see old people out all over the place. The solution is simple. The old, the perpetually sick, and the fuggin pussies should all stay home while everyone else gets back to work. If you're young and get sick, stay home and eat chicken noodle soup... like we did in the oldin days way back in 2019. If you get the virus well, that sucks.. hope you survive. An no employment protection for the fuggin pussies.

My opinion, I see a bunch of people who are more than happy to "work from home" or take their furlough and collect a government check. I think deep down, a lot of people including many on this forum, are enjoying their little vacation and leisure. But it's going to come at a steep price.

I just hope some adults finally take control of the situation and say the jig is up... get your ases back to work.

Brother, you fuqkin nailed it. That sheit is spot on.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.