Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Every preacher I had growing up had a nicer car than my folks.
Nicer clothes.
Easier life.
Had a priest cut in line for the keg at a wake, and I was done.

I will do what I feel is right to help the elderly, the sick, widows and the poor who need. Don't need a middle man handling it for me.
I'm prepared to explain that to my maker. Feel free to stand there and watch. Or laugh. No matter to me.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WTM45
Every preacher I had growing up had a nicer car than my folks.
Nicer clothes.
Easier life.
Had a priest cut in line for the keg at a wake, and I was done.

I will do what I feel is right to help the elderly, the sick, widows and the poor who need. Don't need a middle man handling it for me.

It ain’t about a middle man.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Can't convince me otherwise. I've seen it all. No matter HOW the individual or selected group comes to consensus on spending it, there is where cuts get doled out.
I don't need to pay dues and manage a clubhouse to feel just fine, the wretch I am.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WTM45
Can't convince me otherwise. I've seen it all. No matter HOW the individual or selected group comes to consensus on spending it, there is where cuts get doled out.
I don't need to pay dues and manage a clubhouse to feel just fine, the wretch I am.

You do have honest middle men who do His work.

As He told Peter each time after asking him three times , do you love Me?

Feed My Sheep.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All god wants is faith, you don't need any church.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Give D. James Kennedy Ministries a listen. The program takes some of his sermons given back in the 1980s. They were prophetic for today’s world here in the USA. It’d be worth your while, I think.

He ties government largess to exactly what’s now happened and continues to deepen. The staff are all well educated and well spoken.

They can't be too well educated if they are preaching today's current events are fulfillment of prophecy. That type of folly has been preached for the past 120 years in America.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We once had a highways minister in British Columbia who was also a minister in a church and a fairly wealthy man. The story was that his method for dividing the collection plate was to throw the proceeds into the air, saying, "What stays up is the Lord's. What comes down is mine!" I don't think many who had dealings with this individual doubted the story. GD

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Give D. James Kennedy Ministries a listen. The program takes some of his sermons given back in the 1980s. They were prophetic for today’s world here in the USA. It’d be worth your while, I think.

He ties government largess to exactly what’s now happened and continues to deepen. The staff are all well educated and well spoken.

They can't be too well educated if they are preaching today's current events are fulfillment of prophecy. That type of folly has been preached for the past 120 years in America.

I wasn’t around 120 years ago. You ?

Listen to them and then form your opinion or take the easy way with your existing one.

Maybe you missed where I clearly stated, relative to our government of today ‘. You can go back and reread if you have the time.

To clarify for you, I wasn’t speaking of the Book of Revelation. Take your time with that one, too. You may be a while.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
In all my years of running two fairly profitable businesses, I've come to the conclusion, I'd rather do business with sinners.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Money grabbing churches build their
business model around a middleman
they call Jesus.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Not that I believe in tithing, which I don't, I just make an observation. If you are not working then you are not making money. Tithe on what? 10% of zero is zero.

If you’re not working you can give of your time and your talents. There’s always work needing to be done.

Not preaching here. Don’t take it that way.

I object to the word "tithe" even being used in new testament doctrine. There is no foundation for it.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

What a slimey POS

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find it hard to believe that someone like that has a following. Or that anyone would actually give him money so that he and his cronies can live lavish lifestyles. I thought that would have all ended with Jimmy Bakker, et al, with their scandalous antics.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have been following this thread very closely and I see so many here are wise, knowledgeable, politically correct but not prolific with the Bible, come on where are all the Bible student. I’ll no express my person believes on tithing but I will show you all God’s instruction on this matter. Let’s look to Deuteronomy 14 vs 22. And it says

22“You must set aside a tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. 23Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the LORD your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the LORD your God.

24“Now when the LORD your God blesses you with a good harvest, the place of worship he chooses for his name to be honored might be too far for you to bring the tithe. 25If so, you may sell the tithe portion of your crops and herds, put the money in a pouch, and go to the place the LORD your God has chosen. 26When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the LORD your God and celebrate with your household. 27And do not neglect the Levites in your town, for they will receive no allotment of land among you.

28“At the end of every third year, bring the entire tithe of that year’s harvest and store it in the nearest town. 29Give it to the Levites, who will receive no allotment of land among you, as well as to the foreigners living among you, the orphans, and the widows in your towns, so they can eat and be satisfied. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all your work.”

As you all can see the Bible never told us to bring money to the house of God. A lot of people don’t study. I didn’t put it there check it yourself. Jesus chased away people trying to make money off the church, the Bible mentioned that the LOVE of money is Evil. The Bible says bring us tith and eat it, give to the Levite’s(priests). If you house is far away from the church sell your tith( you can see here the tith itself is not important, bringing it to enjoy with the fellow members is the key) God doesn’t need money, he doesn’t. Believe what you want but this here is the truth.

Last edited by Romulus; 04/06/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mirage243
In all my years of running two fairly profitable businesses, I've come to the conclusion, I'd rather do business with sinners.

The others not specifically mentioned that you are alluding to are known as “chrinos “.

Betting you can figure that one out very quickly.
Grins

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uhhh....this is not a far out concept.

Lots of small churches really depend on the weekly offering.

Our little 31 member Presbyterian church had members that asked what address to send their offering to.

So, they decided to make the address known to the members so they can mail the offering.

Hard to see anything real satanic about that.

I dont know this Copeland guy.....but he never said send the money to him.....did he?

Jim,
Slightly off topic.

Our little independent church supports quite a few missions and
charities. Frequently when they visit, they mention that almost
all there support is from churches like ours. Built the century before
last. Seats 100 packed. No blacktop, rec hall, gym....

Funny, our pennies go to the Lord's work.
Wonder where the big church's dollars go?

P,S, Our preacher really doesnt spend a lot of time visiting people.
With a full time job and preaching at two churches his time is limited.

We are affiliated with a two county conference of independent churches.
Around a dozen churches involved, I don't think there is 1 that
has it's own preacher. Most of the preachers have 2 churches, some 3.
Some churches don't have a regular minister.

This just illustrates two things.

1, Sincere pastors aren't doing it for the money.
2, There are quite a few qualified pastors that won't do it unless there is lots
of money.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DBT
I find it hard to believe that someone like that has a following. Or that anyone would actually give him money so that he and his cronies can live lavish lifestyles. I thought that would have all ended with Jimmy Bakker, et al, with their scandalous antics.

P.T. Barnum of circus entertainment fame said that there’s a sucker born every minute. He was and is right.

People give in faith and with the best of intentions. They have a need and they want to fulfill a perceived need. It’s a small but complete cycle of sorts. Those who misuse that faith and twist it for their own gain put themselves in the deepest of peril. Time here on this earth is very short when compared to the eternity.

You mentioned your thinking that it would have all ended with Jim Bakker. That’s pretty funny. As the Book of Ecc. says, “There’s nothing new under the sun”. Those antics have long been here before we came and will be long after we’re gone.

It’s up to the literate individual to pick his own poison or his own nourishment. Ain’t no body holding a gun to our head in America forcing us one way or the other. I should add,,,,as of yet.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman

Money grabbing churches build their
business model around a middleman
they call Jesus.

He’s hardly a middle man. He is the Man .

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
All god wants is faith, you don't need any church.

Where's that like button?

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,431
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.