Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
I'm from Warren County, upstate NY.

Some of you fellows have heard of my representative - Elise Stefanik.

To date our county has tested 509 cases, with 25 positive.

Numbers here;

LINK

The darker colors roughly correspond to the more liberal parts of NY.

You’re not even from NY then. Adirondacks is where I always tell people when I relocate just to avoid the idiot comments about NYC. Technically, I grew up in the Berkshires and spent summers on a farm in the Catskills but family still has a place in Schroon and wife went to Plattsburgh. Her Mom moved back up somewhere near Daggett a year or two ago though I’ve not been that far north in a few decades.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Salty303
She was probably more worried about giving it to you than getting it from you.

that's what I was thinking

Hey Syc, still thinking that?

Yep, still thinking that.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Corona zombies not good..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Not just roads bringing down. Saw 20 -25 larger Boat on Neuse River today which is part of Intracostal waterway and all NY, NJ, RI. All headed SOUTH and that is unusual. Marinas here will let no one off boats but will fuel and take off waste.........

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lee Ann told us that they drove straight through, stopping only for gas.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Lee Ann told us that they drove straight through, stopping only for gas.

...and potentially infecting people everywhere they stopped.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Oh, really? If so, why is she down there on that mountain taking the potential to them - rather than just staying in NY and not having to worry so much about "giving it" while staying in her home? Let's think about that.

My point exactly. Breaking every rule in the book.

So amazing. Didn't somebody say Shelter in Place?

You can be carrying the virus for days or weeks without knowing it. Even though a million-and-a-half tests have been completed so far, there still isn't any large-scale testing going on.

Sorry. But my opinion of Tony and Lee Ann is that they are NYC aszholes.

Shelter in Place does not apply to the NYC, they are special. I would have reported those 2 morons to the cops and I have never reported anyone to the cops ever. This would be a situation where I would other then witnessing a crime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And you Florida guys are just seeing the NY yellow licence plates on the NYC cars that drove in. Orlando International was letting in 190 New York flights a day to say nothing about all the infected cruise ships docking there. Governor DeSantis put profits ahead of protection for way too long and people there were not isolating nearly enough. Lots of at risk, compromised older people there who interacted and traveled a lot. 1,450 miles in the rear view mirror for this older couple was a terrific decision.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NY’ers love in a artificial reality.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 04/06/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Windfall
And you Florida guys are just seeing the NY yellow licence plates on the NYC cars that drove in. Orlando International was letting in 190 New York flights a day to say nothing about all the infected cruise ships docking there. Governor DeSantis put profits ahead of protection for way too long and people there were not isolating nearly enough. Lots of at risk, compromised older people there who interacted and traveled a lot. 1,450 miles in the rear view mirror for this older couple was a terrific decision.

There are 12,350 cases in Fl. There have been 221 deaths and 1,555 are currently hospitalized.

I think it is being handled well down there. They have 1/3 the population of Italy for a perspective.

Now compare their figures with NY19.4 million and NJ almost 9 million and tell me who is doing a better job.

Please leave Florida

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

NY’ers love in a artificial reality.

It''s Just too bad that a few months ago the bricklayers union could not have put cinder block walls on the NJ side of that chitthole and closed up the GW, Tappan Zee, Holland and Lincoln Tunnels and Verrazano narrows bridge in Staten Island.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 04/06/20. Reason: added Lincoln tunnels
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They have been closing the Hotels in NW MT, they should have extended it to VRBO also. But I think it's too late, there are lots of folks renting VRBO's for months from what I hear. We have a 2 week quarantine for folks coming into the state. There just isn't the resources here to deal with a big outbreak. We have 25 cases in the county, almost all from folks taking vacations when they should not have. Hopefully we will get this under control soon.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

that's my biggest fear....

all the people living in the densely populated areas will be looking for new living conditions

no thanks.......stay away from Podunk Utah

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live way out in the wilderness in the North Carolina mountains. Madison County NC, zero? Corona cases so far. One of the safest places to be in these days.

I saw Lee Ann in the yard. She and her husband Tony live in a brown stone in Manhattan.

We currently have had no cases of the Corona here in Madison County. (Until just now...)

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 04/06/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
They have been closing the Hotels in NW MT, they should have extended it to VRBO also. But I think it's too late, there are lots of folks renting VRBO's for months from what I hear. We have a 2 week quarantine for folks coming into the state. There just isn't the resources here to deal with a big outbreak. We have 25 cases in the county, almost all from folks taking vacations when they should not have. Hopefully we will get this under control soon.

happening here in paradise valley.......out of state plates that aren't usually here this time of the year........friend of ours works at the general store here in emigrant....says she is seeing a lot of people come in that she never seen before........bob

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes we got the damn Beagle back, we went 1/4 mile past Lee Ann's house and the damn Beagle heard my truck came running and jumped into the front seat. Damn Beagle.

Good! 😁

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Windfall

Glad you got the hell out of that schithole.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Yes we got the damn Beagle back, we went 1/4 mile past Lee Ann's house and the damn Beagle heard my truck came running and jumped into the front seat. Damn Beagle.

Good! 😁

Good news, indeed. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that's what I was thinking
Hey Syc, still thinking that?
Yep, still thinking that.
Thanks for the reply - and that seems quite revealing. While you are far removed from the situation you are willing assume that you can read her mind and then assume that she is more concerned about harming another person than protecting herself - when she has chosen to not remain in place as broadly recommended/requested and has driven long distance almost non-stop to that mountain top from NYC to escape infection and be safer? That seems like some mind-reading driven by a wish.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well it has just hit home for me. Found out 5 mins ago that my brother in law tested positive for corona virus. He works at a hospital in Miami FL.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,456
Posts18,529,090
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.