Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
i personally would wait a few years for the new ford 7.3/10 speed to get some road time. seems like a good combo but you never know. i just wish my '15 f250 with the 6.2 gasser got better mileage. 10.2 mpg sucks.

I own a 2019 CC 4WD with the 6.2 and 4:30 gears. I drive pretty conservative and average 14-15 consistency when not towing. Truck has tons of power and is rated to tow 14,000. It does a much better job than the previous 7.3 Ford diesel I owned and fuel is $.50 a gallon less.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well not in the market at this time but something's never change at the end of a month from the 25th to the 31 the auto dealers have the " we need to pay our Bill's incentive for good out the door deals". Buy one in the front of the month you PAY more. Good luck all MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 04/05/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by rem141r
i personally would wait a few years for the new ford 7.3/10 speed to get some road time. seems like a good combo but you never know. i just wish my '15 f250 with the 6.2 gasser got better mileage. 10.2 mpg sucks.

I own a 2019 CC 4WD with the 6.2 and 4:30 gears. I drive pretty conservative and average 14-15 consistency when not towing. Truck has tons of power and is rated to tow 14,000. It does a much better job than the previous 7.3 Ford diesel I owned and fuel is $.50 a gallon less.

interesting. i would be ok with 14-15. all my driving is around town here in hilly western PA. i've never measured it on the highway.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
A local radio show does a couple hours on Saturday mornings about nothing but used autos especially their values. He said the biggest value for savings right now by a good margin is “large diesel trucks” .

Yep, my '11 6.7L Ford Crew w/160K Mi is probably worth under $20K on trade and is over $50K to replace like-for-like.

Why didn't it hold its value better. Last week I sold a 06 Chevy HD 2500, duramax, with 6 speed Allison , 96,400 miles! I got 22,500 cash for it. 4door ,short box! Are you talking trade in or private party price!

The 06 duramax is already a 1 year classic that everyone wants. Was it 4x4, hell of a price if it was.

I have an 06 duramax 4x4 with 250,000 and beat to hell, people want to buy it all the time, no way I'm letting it go.

Kent

No one has to worry about TrueGrit Farms ever buying another Chevrolet. I bought a new 2006 4x4 diesel dually and it was the most expensive truck maintenance wise that I ever owned. Replaced all the steering components twice, injectors, water pump, power steering lines, steering pump, and 10+ u joints which happened to be the same exact u joint as in my 1/2 ton 1980 Chevy Blazer, 4 front hub - wheel assemblies. Plus a whole bunch of routine wear items. And the worse part is we do all our own wrenching and the water pump and power steering set up is ridiculously time consuming.
I drive the dreaded 6.0 powerstroke, it's a F350 4x4 King Ranch that I bought blowed up. Spent $6k on heads, injectors, turbo, turning, deletes and a few other goodies. The only thing I don't like about the truck is the fuel mileage 14mpg on the highway but I blame some of that on the 4.10 gears. I feel like the 05-07 diesel Ford 4x4 is the best and cheapest truck out there, but it requires a little work to get it right.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I went the Toyota Tundra route.

Limited Double cab 4X4 TRD Tundra... smile

Should be here in May...

And I don’t have to worry about the Ford F-250 Death Wobble smile

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by krp
A local radio show does a couple hours on Saturday mornings about nothing but used autos especially their values. He said the biggest value for savings right now by a good margin is “large diesel trucks” .

Yep, my '11 6.7L Ford Crew w/160K Mi is probably worth under $20K on trade and is over $50K to replace like-for-like.

Why didn't it hold its value better. Last week I sold a 06 Chevy HD 2500, duramax, with 6 speed Allison , 96,400 miles! I got 22,500 cash for it. 4door ,short box! Are you talking trade in or private party price!

The 06 duramax is already a 1 year classic that everyone wants. Was it 4x4, hell of a price if it was.

I have an 06 duramax 4x4 with 250,000 and beat to hell, people want to buy it all the time, no way I'm letting it go.

Kent

No one has to worry about TrueGrit Farms ever buying another Chevrolet. I bought a new 2006 4x4 diesel dually and it was the most expensive truck maintenance wise that I ever owned. Replaced all the steering components twice, injectors, water pump, power steering lines, steering pump, and 10+ u joints which happened to be the same exact u joint as in my 1/2 ton 1980 Chevy Blazer, 4 front hub - wheel assemblies. Plus a whole bunch of routine wear items. And the worse part is we do all our own wrenching and the water pump and power steering set up is ridiculously time consuming.
I drive the dreaded 6.0 powerstroke, it's a F350 4x4 King Ranch that I bought blowed up. Spent $6k on heads, injectors, turbo, turning, deletes and a few other goodies. The only thing I don't like about the truck is the fuel mileage 14mpg on the highway but I blame some of that on the 4.10 gears. I feel like the 05-07 diesel Ford 4x4 is the best and cheapest truck out there, but it requires a little work to get it right.

You spent more on the heads, than all the repairs my two 06's needed since I purchased them! Some just have better luck than others I quess!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

You spent more on the heads, than all the repairs my two 06's needed since I purchased them! Some just have better luck than others I quess!

We work our vehicles but don't overly abuse them besides towing over weight. My son missed a turn and totalled the 06 Chevy truck a few years ago and the insurance company gave me $25k and we kept the bale bed.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
"Management" and I are in discussion over purchasing this bad boy.

Ditch the box and add a Hydra-Bed.

The big gas, some mud tires and a locking rear axle would be sweet IMO.

https://www.foxfordwolfpoint.com/ne...0-4X4+STYLESIDE+PICKUP-1FTRF3BN8LED50855

That’s a good looking truck!

I have the 20 year old version. Wonder if an unemployment check would cover the payment? laugh

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I couldn't buy a Ford 7.3/10spd until they get some time to prove themselves. Ford has committed so many `Big Gas Engine Sins' over the years that I couldn't trust them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I really doubt a gas engine could have the torque of a diesel. My 14 Duramax has 396HP and 800 foot pound's of torque. I looked at the Ford 7.3 specs, 430 HP and 475 foot pounds of torque. Not even close. I traded an 06 Duramax with an LBZ in 11, had 65K on it got 23K from the dealer. I believe that I paid 27K for it. Thinking back I should have kept it.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Buddy bought a f550 crew, 6.7L, 4x4 with 11' utility bed. It has me thinking. I drove a 2019 Ford last Dec. Looking for a tax break but just couldn't do it. My only Ford was a 1988 f250 when I was 20yo. 5sp manual and 302, both shot at just over 100,000. Been GM products ever since. Hard habit to break.

If Toyota would just bring a Tundra 2500/3500 to market.....dually crew preferably. Id never look back.

When Toyota moved Tundra production from Indiana to Texas, the new plant in San Antonio was built with the production path wide enough to accommodate a DRW vehicle. Everyone was hopeful. But alas, never materialized. cry

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

What pushed me to opt out of Ford —

the 5.0 liter has oil consumption problems even since they went to alum. Skirt pistons with weird coatings.

If you ask any Ford man if they would buy a Eco-boost with 145k on the motor... every single one of them says NOPE...

The tundra is old school, and gets the mileage to boot... but they are pretty darn bullet proof.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

What pushed me to opt out of Ford —

the 5.0 liter has oil consumption problems even since they went to alum. Skirt pistons with weird coatings.

If you ask any Ford man if they would buy a Eco-boost with 145k on the motor... every single one of them says NOPE...

The tundra is old school, and gets the mileage to boot... but they are pretty darn bullet proof.

Hey which Ford truck is it the spark plugs snap off when you change them?
Oh and the Fords you have to pull the cab to work on the motor?
Them Fords are great.... lmao

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing about Ford owners they are as loyal as union Democrats..... crazy

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If you buy a new truck every 3-5 years Fords are fine.

My Tacoma is a 2007, so I don’t fall into that bracket..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Bet in 4 weeks it will be $53,900.
I bet it won't...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Really? That's weird.. Over the last few days on the highways I've seen at least a half-dozen that I know date to '72-'74.. Somehow (hard to believe I know) they're till running!!! WHO'da thunk it???

Y'all can bash Fords all ya wanna, but most of us who own 'em do so because at one time or another we made the mistake of trying GM.. BTDT - and never again..

Ordered this back in early Jan... Picked it up a month ago.. It's OK, Chevy owners - you can drool now... laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I grew up ford, and lived next to some Chevy plants...

I’ve had. (F-100’s / F-150’s)

69, 71, 73, 76, 79.. My Dad had an 82 that came with plastic cylinder break inserts..

God help me I had a late 80’s dodge Dakota...

then a T-100, and a Tacoma..

Super duties have been good for a long while.. and still are - but they are heavier than what i need.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 04/06/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Really? That's weird.. Over the last few days on the highways I've seen at least a half-dozen that I know date to '72-'74.. Somehow (hard to believe I know) they're till running!!! WHO'da thunk it???

Y'all can bash Fords all ya wanna, but most of us who own 'em do so because at one time or another we made the mistake of trying GM.. BTDT - and never again..

Ordered this back in early Jan... Picked it up a month ago.. It's OK, Chevy owners - you can drool now... laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hey Lee, is that one of those 6.0 diesels? those things were great....... hahahahahha

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I had a 6.0... Keep in mind that one was an IH engine - not from Ford.. It worked fine.. Had it seven years before I got the first 6.7... The worst motor IH every built for Ford was that pos 6.4L... You should try that 6.7L - you'll fight your inhibitions for months before you give in and buy one - but then your friends will disown ya..... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,553
Posts18,473,018
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.