Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
No.

Could you also be missing what is thought to be the extreme contagious nature of this virus ?

No. It’s a bad flu bug, really damn bad. Not making light of it nor do Iack empathy for those impacted, it’s highly contagious and kills. That said, sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, we’re rapidly approaching that point.

I could go on and on, but what you will get is more government control, way higher taxes, future generations burden with even more debt, and on and on. Research some other pandemics, this one is very tame compared to others which hypothetically could wipe out a ⅓ of the worldwide population.

I am still waiting but now I see you peeing down your leg and running your mouth.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by irfubar
Hey I got a question, if this thing is so deadly and we have to social distance, how come all the Amazon, UPS, grocery clerks etc... aren't dropping dead?

Observing distance practices, perhaps ?
Wearing PPE, perhaps?
They’re just Tuff fuggers like you, perhaps?
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No.

Could you also be missing what is thought to be the extreme contagious nature of this virus ?

No. It’s a bad flu bug, really damn bad. Not making light of it nor do Iack empathy for those impacted, it’s highly contagious and kills. That said, sometimes the cure is worse than the disease, we’re rapidly approaching that point.

I could go on and on, but what you will get is more government control, way higher taxes, future generations burden with even more debt, and on and on. Research some other pandemics, this one is very tame compared to others which hypothetically could wipe out a ⅓ of the worldwide population.

It’s not the flu.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Hey I got a question, if this thing is so deadly and we have to social distance, how come all the Amazon, UPS, grocery clerks etc... aren't dropping dead?

How many people are in the truck with the UPS driver? You close does he approach each drop off?

More suggestion less mouth will help your cause. Your mouth is not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wearing PPE, perhaps?
Grins

Big difference between ornery and tough..... hell I am hiding in my bunker, but that's what I do everyday regardless.... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston

They are, it’s just that nobody talks about them because they don’t matter.

Dude !!

Look in today’s newspaper and read who’s on “The Expendables List” !

I swear,,,some people.....
Grins

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No.

I get your points, cfran. They’re good ones.

I just learned today that my first cousin and her husband both have it. Both of their health situations are somewhat compromised. Sooo, we’ see.

I have to confess that were Obama at the helm right now, I’d feel even stronger than you do about the points that you’ve made. How’s that for talking out of both sides of one’s mouth. Guilty.

Stay strong my friend. Time will show how overhyped this all is. But it’s windfall for media, what else are you going to do, watch NBA or NHL playoffs, MLB baseball? Oh that’s right, there isn’t any distractions, 24/7 COVID coverage.

MN has lost 30 people, 30. For that we’ve decided to close all city beaches/pools for the summer. Go ahead Miles and crew and give me your logic on this grand decision? Don’t let a good crisis go to waste is the playbook and torpedo the economy only weakens Trumps re-election chances. Crap isn’t hard to figure out and guys like Miles are the enemy because he can’t see the forest through the trees.

More people will die or heart disease or other illnesses in a month in this State than what COVID will kill in a year in MN. You tell me who’s right?

M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

Specifics or it's just more mouth. Stats and an example of one that has threatened to wipe out 1/3 of the earth's population in modern times if you please.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Wearing PPE, perhaps?
Grins

Big difference between ornery and tough..... hell I am hiding in my bunker, but that's what I do everyday regardless.... smile

Same, same, Amigo.
There’s so much to love about the rural lifestyle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MILES58

How many people are in the truck with the UPS driver? You close does he approach each drop off?

Yeah those people in the Amazon warehouse have nobody working around them, oh and those box's of junk from China have no germs, and the people in the grocery store? tell the checkers.
UPS warehouse, same same.
My god you liberals lack any ability to connect even the simplest of dots....
Weren't you a school teacher?

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yeah those people in the Amazon warehouse have nobody working around them, oh and those box's of junk from China have no germs, and the people in the grocery store? tell the checkers.

Those places are huge. You could have 10 times as many people in an Amazon warehouse and still achieve social distancing.

I thought about applying just for something to do. That, and as a strategy for limiting my exposure to all the fücking idiots posting on the internet.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess most peoples social distancing is way different than mine? I haven't seen another soul for 3 weeks.... smile

Those grocery store checkers are dooomed.... dooomed I tell you

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No.

I get your points, cfran. They’re good ones.

I just learned today that my first cousin and her husband both have it. Both of their health situations are somewhat compromised. Sooo, we’ see.

I have to confess that were Obama at the helm right now, I’d feel even stronger than you do about the points that you’ve made. How’s that for talking out of both sides of one’s mouth. Guilty.

Stay strong my friend. Time will show how overhyped this all is. But it’s windfall for media, what else are you going to do, watch NBA or NHL playoffs, MLB baseball? Oh that’s right, there isn’t any distractions, 24/7 COVID coverage.

MN has lost 30 people, 30. For that we’ve decided to close all city beaches/pools for the summer. Go ahead Miles and crew and give me your logic on this grand decision? Don’t let a good crisis go to waste is the playbook and torpedo the economy only weakens Trumps re-election chances. Crap isn’t hard to figure out and guys like Miles are the enemy because he can’t see the forest through the trees.

More people will die or heart disease or other illnesses in a month in this State than what COVID will kill in a year in MN. You tell me who’s right?

Not trying to be a peace maker of any sort but we’re all right about this thing by my reckoning. We just view it from far different angles is all.

Man, I do sympathize with those good folks packed in like sardines in the cities, large and small.

Just the boys talking across the table here, I was looking in today’s paper of the map of the infection growth in Louisiana and how it has shifted as the days have passed. It’s posted daily in 2theadvocate.com.

One of the notables is New Orleans. You can see the trail of growth by those who daily commute to that scchhiitty city particularly in Saint Tammany Parish located on the north shore just across Lake Ponchartrain from New Orleans and then right on up northward along the Mississippi River corridor. The path is unmistakable.

Anyhow, you fuggers stay safe.

M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

Are you fugging kidding me??? Ebola in about 50 years has maybe killed something like 20,000 people total! Explain how a disease that requires physical contact with an obviously infected person or a person recently deceased by the disease for transmission is going to do this. Even smallpox, one of the very worst of the airborne diseases only killed a few hundred thousand per year, and it had a comparable mortality rate to ebola.

Edited to add

For the people who cannot count. If you leave venues open and functioning that are normally close proximty activities, a single infected person will most probably infect at lest two people and in the case of Covid 19 it has been shown to be capable of infecting a lot more. Two people in one day become to original 2 people the next day, plus four more (each infect 2 more for you slow guys) for a 7 infection by the end of the second day. Maybe, if it is not as suspected for Covid 19 that in as little as 24 hours post exposure a person becomes infectious, you would only have 3 total on day 2. But, that presumes that patient 0 goes home and doesn't go to another close proximity venue again the first or second day. In the best case scenario in which on day 3 there is maybe only 3 total infected, if they return to the close proximity venue the can be expected to infect 6 new people for a total of 9 (again, a best case scenario).

Lets assume that we have asymptomatic patient 0 age 6. Goes to school.(the close proximity venue) First grade. Infects only two classmates at school. Gets on the bus to go home. Infects two more. Goes home and infects one sibling and one parent. Siblings are all elementary school aged. Parents both work outside the home. Started in a small town of say 20,000 people Covid 19 can readily be spread across most of those people in a surprisingly short time, and across a fairly wide geographical area. This is almost exactly what happened in New York

The problem gets bigger faster in bigger cities with more available victims. The people telling you that this is serious enough to put this strain on the economy and you have one choice to make in the matter. Either get with the program, isolate as completely as possible and get this under control as soon as possible, OR choose to do nothing and let the disease run loos until it is no longer a problem. By making the second choice you are condemning a small percentage of the population (in this case from 1 to 5 percent) to death and accepting the much higher medical costs which will bankrupt both hospitals and the individuals who become critically ill, employers like food service venues who lose such a significant portion of their workforce that they cannot sustain the business, medical professionals who we as a society have invested a huge amount into, and crippled the economy for a long time into the future while we attempt to rebuild a workforce.

The people in charge of this economy right now have made the decision that the costs of not acting as proactively as possible are greater than those of the draconian measures necessary to get this under control.

That is about as simple and clean an explanation as you will get anywhere from anyone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey MILES weren't you a school teacher?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Can anyone say RC Cola and a Moon Pie?

ON the subject of this flu thing Yes folks will die.

Many will die of other things not of their making.

Folks will die who have under lying problem that those medical folks have not said yet.

Is it a bad thing when folks die?You bet.

It will happen no matter what one does.

The only thing that one can do is try to protect themselves as best they can.

I and My Mom as well as the Mother in law are in the folks that this thing can kill easy.

I will not worry about it because i can not change things i have no control over.

Make up your own mind how bad this thing will mess with you and yours and act accordingly.

There is no place for the sharpy name calling over this.

I have made Peace with my mortality as i can,while not running in front of a truck to check out.

When my time comes i will take it and cease to be here.

Hope you have a good life.

By the way just to let you good folks know My Son in law had a tumor removed off of his spinal cord last week.

They could not get it all.

If and when they go back for the rest he will not have a leg left because it will be dead. mad

So Miles got suck on some lemons and let folks deal with what life gives them.

With all of your perfect Walgreen points.

Life is what you make it so get over it.

Pardon me but you do have much control over it. Maybe you missed that ?

Now,,,,if you simply dgaf, well, that’s on you.

Very sorry to hear that about your SIL. That’s got to be quite a whack for the family to deal with. It’s enough to make a man ask, what next ?

Life is or can be so fragile. Handle with care when you can.

Here at my place, darn right we have a lot of control over it. Not an airtight plan but we are really guarded in things we do and how do it.

The wife is the only one going out, she is a medical professional and is exercising lots of due care and has PPE.

She shops for us, my dad, my inlaws, and has to do her job stuff.

Right now, when she is 10 minutes out from home she calls me. She gets here, she wipes her steering wheel down with Clorox wipes, sprays her car seat with lysol, I lay out a beach towel in our Florida room, she comes in the back door, strips down to undies, sprays bottom of her shoes off with lysol, they stay outside, sprays her clothes with lysol and they get bundled up and head to the washer and dried on high heat. She immediately takes a shower.

2-3 three times a day, I hit all the door knobs, door casings, fridge handles, the pool cues, the faucet knobs, counter tops with medical grade germicidal wipes. Hand washing of course, lots but no like Monk. lol

I don’t think we are being paranoid, about half of this protocol is what I normally do because I have MDS bone marrow disease and I’m on anti rejection meds for transplant. You can put me in the underlying issue column.

Right now I’m changing the oil in my mahindra, getting flakes of dried dog shît and battery corrosion dust on my face. So life goes on.

I am not shrugging this off, just a work-around.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Miles do you have a relative who goes by CanadianLefty? Asking for a friend.

M
MILES58 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M

You have no comprehension of how big and how automated an Amazon warehouse is. You also do not seem to have any comprehension of how long any microorganism can live on cardboard. Nor it seems can you grasp why the first cases of Covid 19 were person to person and no cases have as yet been attributed to contact with a package from China. Had I been a teacher, you not only would have failed, you'd have been returned to preschool where they teach you to count

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok MILES,

So I take it you weren't a schoolteacher...good thing cuz I would still be in the 6th grade if you were my teacher..... damn

Does Amazon have offices full of people? how about my example of the grocery checker? does UPS have offices full of people? I guess not, I have not worked for years, so I am guessing.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 1,710 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,287
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.