Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman
Don't get carried away, I am just pointing out
Scripture to show how little you know about it.

Yes, yes, of course you are.

Back to the savant.

Did you overlook Chapter and Verse per chance or were you simply extrapolating ala typical Starman style ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I would pay good money to kick this [bleep] square in the nuts. I'd bet Jesus would too.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I would pay good money to kick this [bleep] square in the nuts. I'd bet Jesus would too.

JM, have you ever looked at the number of people in that venue ?

It’s a bunch and that’s quite a structure there in Houston town.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s the former Compaq Center where the Houston Rockets used to play basketball, seating capacity of 16,000. Osteen’s Lakewood Church spent 95 million dollars on the restoration alone. Then later on, they purchased the building from the City of Houston for 7.5 million dollars.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Id throw in $50 to watch you kick this fake in the nutz

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s the former Compaq Center where the Houston Rockets used to play basketball, seating capacity of 16,000. Osteen’s Lakewood Church spent 95 million dollars on the restoration alone. Then later on, they purchased the building from the City of Houston for 7.5 million dollars.

I recall them having trouble getting the permits necessary for the work to be done.

Any way you cut it, he’s developed quite a humongous following and continues to grow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He’s got a 17,000 sq. foot mansion in River Oaks, a ritzy area in Houston. He comes across to me as being more of a motivational speaker...with a religious tilt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
So you would not be one that believes Christ fulfilled the entire law. Romans 7:1-6 means nothing to you. You would side with the Jewish Christians Paul spoke of rather than Gods select, Paul. You would side against the counsel of the Apostles who sides with Paul in Acts 15, and in doing so held believers to Noanic principles. You would disagree with the conclusion in Hebrews 7-8 that says the law has passed and will fade away, new priest, new law. Just to be clear. You believe The Pentateuch is fully binding on Christians given what is said in James.Sorry to hear that you will burn in Hell fire because your faith in Christ is not enough alone. Since you believe in the law you are condemned by it. If you hold to one part of the law you are judged by its entirety.
Oh boy. Paul's defenders ride again. I cannot reconcile Paul and Jesus or for that matter Paul and the rest of the book from Genesis to Revelations. Read it with an open mind, you won't accept Paul either

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gee, the apostles accepted Paul and his message.

Acts 15- 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to attend a church in South Oklahoma City. The first time I ever went there, I was zoomin’ around on my VTX 1800 on a late Saturday afternoon...having no intention of goin’ to church...and I saw their sign out front that said “Services Tonight at 6 pm”. I looked at my watch, it was 5:50 pm...and I swear I just felt pulled to go...so I whipped into the parkin’ lot, and went in, wearin’ my shorts and tank top and tennis shoes. From the get-go, to say I was “blown away” woulda been an understatement. At the end of the service, they passed around some wicker baskets for a collection...and the pastor said, “if you’re an adult, and you’re in need of food or shelter or clothing, if you see some money in that basket that would help you reach this need, please feel free to reach in there and take it.” I was floored. I continued to go to that church for the remainder of my time in Oklahoma. And that pastor said the same thing about that, every time, at the end of the service when a collection was being taken. I’d never experienced anything like that before at a church, nor have I experienced anything like that since, at a church.

I live in South OKC, can you remember the name and location of that church?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I used to attend a church in South Oklahoma City. The first time I ever went there, I was zoomin’ around on my VTX 1800 on a late Saturday afternoon...having no intention of goin’ to church...and I saw their sign out front that said “Services Tonight at 6 pm”. I looked at my watch, it was 5:50 pm...and I swear I just felt pulled to go...so I whipped into the parkin’ lot, and went in, wearin’ my shorts and tank top and tennis shoes. From the get-go, to say I was “blown away” woulda been an understatement. At the end of the service, they passed around some wicker baskets for a collection...and the pastor said, “if you’re an adult, and you’re in need of food or shelter or clothing, if you see some money in that basket that would help you reach this need, please feel free to reach in there and take it.” I was floored. I continued to go to that church for the remainder of my time in Oklahoma. And that pastor said the same thing about that, every time, at the end of the service when a collection was being taken. I’d never experienced anything like that before at a church, nor have I experienced anything like that since, at a church.
It was the LifeChurch South OkC Campus. It was next door to the Academy store on South Walker, just south of 240.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He’s got a 17,000 sq. foot mansion in River Oaks, a ritzy area in Houston. He comes across to me as being more of a motivational speaker...with a religious tilt.

That is the strength and effectiveness of his messages. Motivational, feel good, almost like the style of, say, Tony Robinson.

To my knowledge I don’t believe that he was ever ordained or attended any Seminary. I could be wrong about this.

He’s somewhat akin to a modern day Marjoe Gartner who was hailed as a child prophet in his youth and pre teen years.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It was the LifeChurch South OkC Campus. It was next door to the Academy store on South Walker, just south of 240.

Great story Antlers.

Not all pasters are like Copeland.

Some actually get it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
That does not change the Bible narrative that
JC is subordinate to the Father.

Everything Jesus did was not of himself,
But done at the request, approval or authority
of the Father.

and when the Son comes down to judge,
it will be because he was appointed and
Empowered to do so by... the Father.

It’s good to see you finally confess your “faith “ and humbling yourself before your fellow man. You’re getting better and you wear it well.

Your points made are well taken. Maybe you’re not a savant to go 180 degrees opposite.

I’m hearing JW in his post.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Great story Antlers.

Not all pasters are like Copeland.

Some actually get it.

And the ones you hardly ever hear about. Those that go quietly about their business.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by IZH27

of the Father.

It’s good to see you finally confess your “faith “ and humbling yourself before your fellow man. You’re getting better and you wear it well.

Your points made are well taken. Maybe you’re not a savant to go 180 degrees opposite.

Still waiting on the Chapter/Verses from the Book that he professes to know so much about such that he can “educate “ others upon it.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Apples fall off apple trees and in this case a false teacher fell at the feet of her father.

Crazy eyes Ken’s daughter prophesied to stop the hurricane that devastated Houston and surrounding areas a couple years ago. It’s worth scanning the video for bits and pieces if you don’t want to waste 30 minutes of your life. Then the 30 minutes could be considered the equivalent of several years of observation condensed into half an hour. YMMV.

These people are nuts and represent a religion that in no way shape or form shares anything with Christianity.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/07/20.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Beaver10
He’s an evil bastard.

I’ll take your words as fact. A good man can easily see evil.

I would also propose that in the event of a complete meltdown of society where horrendous acts of violence are being committed. Someone in his locale, please put a round through his face.

Call it a tithe of justice for all those he’s milked of limited cash through fear and guilt.

Bonus tithes if you smoke his bitch wife too.

PS,
Antlers, apologies for the aggressive words under your name. I hate these types of individuals.

😎

A vey noble and worthy request Sir.

Trump Won!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

of the Father.

Still waiting on the Chapter/Verses from the Book that he professes to know so much about such that he can “educate “ others upon it.

If a JW, based on his response, he won’t give a chapter and verse. If he does it will be from a special translation. After his comment on the guys that died defending the Texas congregation from a deranged killer I have no use for the person.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/07/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

of the Father.

If a JW, based on his response, he won’t give a chapter and verse. If he does it will be from a special translation. After his comment on the guys that died defending the Texas congregation from a deranged killer I have no use for the person.

Let’s don’t give up on the boy. He might come around.

Might.
Heh.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (673, 444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 21 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,076
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.