Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14753635 04/06/20
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So I'm poking around their site - look at dealer locator and other than Cabela's - not a whole lot close to me.

One is a Talo distributor (guess they're related?)

Given I can't just walk in and ask - can any FFL order from Lipsey's or do you need to be set up first?

Me

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Don't know for sure but I think any FFL can order.

You might also check Sportsman's Warehouse. They list a number of Lipsey's distributor exclusive Rugers. I've picked up several through them.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Don't know for sure but I think any FFL can order.

You might also check Sportsman's Warehouse. They list a number of Lipsey's distributor exclusive Rugers. I've picked up several through them.

Tom

Sportsman's left my AO several years back. Building is a church now.

Miss them

Me

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Lipsey's is FFL dealer orders only. I've used them for some 15 yds. Great company. Love many of their special Ruger revolvers. Ordered their 3.75" SS Bisley 45 LC with a 2nd cylinder in 45 ACP the other day. Like I need another Bisley???

Alan

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GSSP
Lipsey's is FFL dealer orders only. I've used them for some 15 yds. Great company. Love many of their special Ruger revolvers. Ordered their 3.75" SS Bisley 45 LC with a 2nd cylinder in 45 ACP the other day. Like I need another Bisley???

Alan

Understand that - just wondering if ANY FFL can order from them for me or if they have to have a working relationship ahead of time.

Hoping to score one of their Rugers too - eventually. I'm really digging the Bisley in 480R

Me

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
You have to have a working relationship already. Distributors do credit checks, etc. I would think that any decent dealer would be on their list. Along with RSR, Sports South and Davidsons, they are the Big Four now that Ellett Brothers and Acusport are gone.
Whereabouts in "flyover country" are you?

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Wisconisn - Near Green Bay.

I'm hoping that when I'm ready - the one dealer close to me that's a Talo guy can get it from Lipsey's as I'd much rather not deal with Cabela's at all. I just don't think I'll get the best price and the level of "professional advice" I've seen and heard them give out - makes me believe they'd order the wrong one.

Legit - heard the guy showing a woman a Ruger Vaquero in 45Colt as a "purse gun for her first concealed carry". While I happen to own and love mine - there are much better options.

Me

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I was just on the Lipseys site and they have two Green Bay dealers--Badger and Nelson Tactical. After that, it looks like you go down to Appleton. Just take them the Ruger model # or the Lipsey's product # and they shouldn't be able to screw it up.
https://www.lipseys.com/dealerstate?st=WI

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Teal, Hard to believe that Virlee Gunworks couldn't find you about anything that you'd want. Closer than Green Bay for you too.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Windfall
Teal, Hard to believe that Virlee Gunworks couldn't find you about anything that you'd want. Closer than Green Bay for you too.

I've never used them but that's the guy listed as a Talo distributor. I've never been there/used him - my GF's father does a bit I guess. He's who I planned on talking to first, tho an old HS buddy owns Family Shooting Center and if possible - I'd send business his way.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Way more high end inventory than Nelson's and Scott the owner/gunsmith does outstanding work. Mike who handles all their on-line stuff has worked at Martin. Gander, Cabela's and Scheels and has found a long term home at Verlee.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I very rarely go into Nelson's.

I sure do miss Nickolai's though.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You are dating yourself with that one. Yep, corner of Main and Adams and later out on East Main. How about Knowles on Velp, Bertrans on Washington or Hank Burdell's on Adams? I'm getting old enough to be a fossil!

My other auto is a .45

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Bertran's yes - shopped there quite a bit back in the day. Best reloading supplies back then. He bought them by weight instead of box to get free shipping and compete with the big players.

His daughter married a Perot IIRC - we'd hunt ducks off his driveway on the E shore. Pull in, throw deeks in the water and then squat in the waves and blast blue bills as they went past.

Never did the others. Nickolai's was the place to go to find used guns and the like. I don't think I spent a dime on anything but guns, ammo and movie rentals. Used to basically live at Trail's End Archery in high school. Dino and the guys let us hang out and shoot all afternoon.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FWIW, Lipsey's has voluntarily closed until April 28, from what I've heard.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WiFowler
FWIW, Lipsey's has voluntarily closed until April 28, from what I've heard.

I can't get to Virlee until the quarantine passes anyway.

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just contacted my local LGS, inquiring if he can order from Lipsey's. I am interested in a Ruger SBH Bisley, .480 Ruger.
He told me he could order, but that Lipsey's were not filling any orders until after the end of April, due to their employees being at home.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
To answer your question, no.

Not everybody can get Lipsey exclusives. They are typically reserved for existing retailers. Retailers that use them for the majority of their wholesale purchasing can get even the toughest of Lipsey's exclusive stuff.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by deflave
To answer your question, no.

Not everybody can get Lipsey exclusives. They are typically reserved for existing retailers. Retailers that use them for the majority of their wholesale purchasing can get even the toughest of Lipsey's exclusive stuff.

It depends. Many hot items are spoken for but if their site shows any quantity on hand, it's open to any of their dealers.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Flave and UP - I've reached out to the place this am, see what's what.

Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,711
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.