Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I got really sick on Sunday and had a fever up to 102.1and a massive headache. Vomited hard enough I think i broke ribs. Luckily I never developed a cough. I was seriously considering going to the hospital but I had to weigh the odds of picking up something worse if I went to the hospital. Stayed home and the fever broke yesterday and things are getting better. It never went respiratory or I would have went in.

Really made me worry in a way I never had before while sick. Sunday night I was wishing I had recorded my history for my kids but was too sick to do it. My wife told me I was probably ok and no need to go to the Dr. but she made sure sure I gave her the passwords to all accounts, location of CDs, and where the safe deposit boxes are. She even asked who to trust to sell my guns and stuff. I'm feeling much better today but it was probably one of the scariest things I've faced.

The thing that worried me the most was who would look after my 3 kids and how they would remember me. I don't think it was covid but any fever right now is enough to make you worry. I got a voice recorder out and plan to start recording story. I hate the sound of my own voice but it something were to happen to me it might be something my kids would like to hear one day.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/07/20.
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Damn! You take care of yourself. Glad you are feeling better!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Glad you're ok

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to Lysol my iPad now.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Glad you're ok

This. Approximate age, health?

Here they say call the hospital ER by phone if you start having shortness of breath.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/07/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Those are the same fears I have. My youngest is 18 now and in the military but I still feel like there are some things I need to pass on to he and his sister before my time is up. Any sickness for a middle aged man right now would scare the hell out of you. Makes you think.

Get better.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The cough is just one symptom and not the whole picture. To be safe I'd get a Covid 19 test. Insist on it. If they find a positive insist on a communicable disease dr and the hydroxychoroquine along with the zpac. They are finding the quicker these are administered the shorter the duration of the disease. Don't mess around. I believe your at least my age and along with age come other medical issues. Get this done ASAP.
Take care of yourself. You are the only one who will. Listen to your body.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hang in there!

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Take care.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had that same stuff last week. 3 days and gone. Wonder if we'll get an extra stimulus check?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm 47 and obese and have ankylosing spondylitis so I've been on a double dose of humira and take prednisone frequently. I'm definitely in a higher risk group but my wife is a PA and she was pretty convinced I should not go in. I decided that if i got 103 or started coughing i was going in.

Its important to think about what your action plan is before you're sick because I realize now I couldn't think straight in the midst of it. The last few days are a hazy blur. Trying to decided when to get help is hard when you can't think straight and are worried about getting it at the ER if you don't already have it.

It's still almost impossible to get a test around here so going in may have just put me at more risk. The weird thing is that even though I didn't have a cough my O2 sats were running 80-84.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/07/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
glad you are better.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Had the same thing a month ago. Just before the covid thing got public. Enfluenza was going around here at the time.i went and got checked for that and was negative. They said I just had a cold. The bad thing is that runny nose occasionally coughing and headache still around. Ed k

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
The cough is just one symptom and not the whole picture. To be safe I'd get a Covid 19 test. Insist on it. If they find a positive insist on a communicable disease dr and the hydroxychoroquine along with the zpac. They are finding the quicker these are administered the shorter the duration of the disease. Don't mess around. I believe your at least my age and along with age come other medical issues. Get this done ASAP.

Inclined to agree

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad you feel better!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hot blooded, check it & see, got a fever of a 103, common baby do you do more than dance? Hot Blooded, Hot Bloodeddd.

Couldn't help it, please explain ankylosing spondylitis.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'm 47 and obese and have ankylosing spondylitis so I've been on a double dose of humira and take prednisone frequently. I'm definitely in a higher risk group but my wife is a PA and she was pretty convinced I should not go in. I decided that if i got 103 or started coughing i was going in.

Its important to think about what your action plan is before you're sick because I realize now I couldn't think straight in the midst of it. The last few days are a hazy blur. Trying to decided when to get help is hard when you can't think straight and are worried about getting it at the ER if you don't already have it.

It's still almost impossible to get a test around here so going in may have just put me at more risk. The weird thing is that even though I didn't have a cough my O2 sats were running 80-84.

Bb

Did you read the piece previously posted here about how C-19 destroys hemoglobin?

That'll put your O2 in the toilet quick.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

Sorry to hear about the Ankylosing Spondylitis. I guess you know and your eye dr knows about your condition so they get you in quickly if you ever get an eye aching and hazy vision in an eye before the insides flare up severely?

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/07/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Do that!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m no detective but I think your ol lady trying to kill you.. Tell her you are going out for some smokes and coke and head to the Dr office ASAP..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,217
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.