Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Did you take something that would artificially reduce your fever?

Tylenol, I've been avoiding ibuprofen due to the rumors it makes covid worse.

Bb

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
BB,
Check your PMs.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Smell and taste still intact. One of the things that makes me think its something else. Last time I traveled was Orlando a month ago. I've been pretty much isolating at home for almost 3 weeks. Last time I went into a store at all was Mar. 20th and only went out once that week.

I'll talk to the Dr in the morning, I just don't want to go in if I don't need to.

Bb

Sources I have read state loss of smell/taste happen in 30% of C-19 cases.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
At 84% I would place you on a non rebreather, or high flow 02 and have you lay prone. With covid seems to be improving oxygen levels and can prevent intubation. If you don’t improve and ABG showed any major irregularities I would intubate you. Earlier the better with covid. Not saying you have it but you have something major going on. Unless your embellishing your symptoms, I would admit you to ICU with these symptoms if I saw you.

Your symptoms are not minor if you have hypoxia, fever, and feeling disoriented. Betting heart rate is elevated as well. Decreased Urine output?

Your wife is a PA( I am a NP). These are severe signs of sepsis and she should be aware of that. Left untreated sepsis has a very high mortality rate. Not trying to insult her at all, but you need to be getting checked immediately. Not in the morning. Having sleep apnea potentially puts you at even higher risk of death with this. Your 02 sats could drop critically low while you sleep leading to sudden cardiac death or ARDS

If you wanna be around for your kids, and that’s such a big worry for you( which it should be) I would go NOW to be checked out.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kevinJ
At 84% I would place you on a non rebreather, or high flow 02 and have you lay prone. With covid seems to be improving oxygen levels and can prevent intubation. If you don’t improve and ABG showed any major irregularities I would intubate you. Earlier the better with covid. Not saying you have it but you have something major going on. Unless your embellishing your symptoms, I would admit you to ICU with these symptoms if I saw you.

Your symptoms are not minor if you have hypoxia, fever, and feeling disoriented. Betting heart rate is elevated as well. Decreased Urine output?

Your wife is a PA( I am a NP). These are severe signs of sepsis and she should be aware of that. Left untreated sepsis has a very high mortality rate. Not trying to insult her at all, but you need to be getting checked immediately. Not in the morning. Having sleep apnea potentially puts you at even higher risk of death with this. Your 02 sats could drop critically low while you sleep leading to sudden cardiac death or ARDS

If you wanna be around for your kids, and that’s such a big worry for you( which it should be) I would go NOW to be checked out.

My heart rate has been elevated up to around 115, I did tell my wife earlier today that I haven't been peeing much the last few days and have gained 6 pounds since Saturday. She had me take fourosimide 40 and a potassium pill. I had some that my Dr gave me last year when I had an acute weight gain/ water retention thing. Since I took the fourosimide I've been peeing every 30 minutes. I really haven't seen my o2 sat above 86 the last few days. I did text all this to the Dr and he said he'll order some labs if I still feel bad in the morning. I'm still pretty worried about it or I wouldn't have brought it up here. If this covid thing wasn't going around I would have went right in. My wife actually took my o2 sat herself when I told her how low it was and she got 80% at that time. She told me I need to breathe deeper and that brought it up a few points. I went through that spell of low sats last year so I don't think we're taking it as seriously as we normally might. I just know i don't feel well so I'll just have to risk exposure and go get help.

Bb

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also, any significant fever while on most biologics is a red flag to go get checked out. Significant fever while being immunosuppressed is a clear sign of a strong immune reaction. Prior to Covid, it could be infection, influenza, or your body producing antibodies to the Humira, among other things.

Might be Covid, or might not, but on biologics with steroids on board, having hypoxia, fever, and confusion would definitely cause me to seek help to figure out what’s going on and get ahead of it.

Hang in there and we all wish you well.

Last edited by Capt_Craig; 04/07/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Burleyboy,

best wishes.

Any way you can text/video conference with an ER doc there. kevinJ makes some sense in his post.

I certainly understand your reluctance to go in, having the same feelings most times. But, these aren't most times. And even considering you may not be Corona positive, your symptoms sound way serious.

Again,

Good luck.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Burley,

Lots of 'fire members on the same page here on this one based on what you are telling us. Don't see that too often either anymore on much of anything!!! Hint, hint, hint!!!

They are treating everyone pretty cautiously now coming in to the ER's, etc. They will certainly be careful with you and your recent history. As others have said, delaying a basic but thorough work-up on you right now is very risky.

Most importantly, get better soon!!!

Todd J.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Now I'm just deciding whether to go in tonight or wait until morning. Some PMs from others have made it clear I need to get a bipap that I thought was ordered but turned out I needed another Dr appointment, which i can't seem to get scheduled, before they'll give me the machine.

I've been on the list to be the first telehealth pt at the only local pulmonologist for a month but they don't even return calls. Its obvious I can't wait any longer even if it means potential exposure to covid.

Bb

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Dude,

I'm known as the biggest Covid denier on the internet, if you count @ssholes and curse words.

I'm sayin this with all the love in my heart.

Go to the fckin hospital.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Burleyboy: Again I understand your reluctance to go to the ER but after reading the details of your situation you're in a tough spot.

Go to the ER and risk catching something or stay at home and risk making your situation much much worse.

Listen to your wife who knows your situation intimately and don't worry quite so much, or listen to well intentioned strangers on the internet.

I don't envy you. I suggest you do what makes you feel most comfortable regardless of anyone's feelings. If you do go wear a mask and gloves.

As far as dawing your blood at home that should be no problem if your wife is comfortable doing that. It happens more than you would think within medical families. The lab will tell her what, how many, and how much they need and give her the appropriate vials and tubes.

But just remember that most ER facilities are practically empty right now unless you are in a major hotspot and with what is happening have probably never been cleaner.

Good luck and be smart. -tnscouter

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
BB, I lost a friend from back in the day this past weekend. He was a mountain of a man. Both in size and personality. He was only 57. 3rd COVID case in the county. It's nothing to mess with. The ER staff is trained to keep you from being infected. Now is generally a slow time there. You'll get much quicker treatment there than waiting for your PCP.

Good luck and God Bless.

cf

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
O2 sats are up to 87 and temp is down to 99.7. I'll talk to my Dr again in the morning unless things start getting worse.... I don't think I could have caught covid and I'm just trying to not be in a place to catch it. Numbers are headed the right way for now.

Bb

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hoping you got checked and are doing well. Praying for you.

Like I said last night. Anyone with fever, heart rate above 100, breathing rapidly/feeling short of breath, or oxygen says less than say 90/91 needs to be getting seen quickly.

Not just right now because of covid 19, but because these are all signs of sepsis. Which has a high mortality rate. Don’t take it lightly or wait around.

Your outcome with sepsis is very dependent statistically on how quickly you receive IV fluids and antibiotics. Sooner the better

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hoping you got checked and are doing well. Praying for you.

Like I said last night. Anyone with fever, heart rate above 100, breathing rapidly/feeling short of breath, or oxygen says less than say 90/91 needs to be getting seen quickly.

Not just right now because of covid 19, but because these are all signs of sepsis. Which has a high mortality rate. Don’t take it lightly or wait around.

Your outcome with sepsis is very dependent statistically on how quickly you receive IV fluids and antibiotics. Sooner the better

Ditto

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just checking in. Hope you're doing alright.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
You still alive BB?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Those signs all say it's time to go to the ER.

Hope you're all right.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Current sign isn't exactly the best.

"Last Seen Yesterday at 07:40 PM"

Like WTH is he?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Also hoping for a positive update.

Please?

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 28 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,753
Posts18,495,386
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.