Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Baffles my mind that places like Japan, Australia, and Thailand got it early, but the outbreaks were minor. Then places Italy,Spain, NY get hammered. It just make sense with the current narrative. Why was Seattle able to contain it better than NY. The only thing that makes sense is different strains, one weaker, one stronger or it's temp sensitive.

Or it could be due to pols like De Blasio urging citizens to attend public functions and the theaters. Or the mayor of Florence Italy urging Italians to hug the Chinese to prove they weren't racist.

There is a bug out there that has very similar symptoms to Covid 19. My wife has it now, and was tested on Tuesday and placed on quarantine by the Covid 19 response team and the county health authorities.
She is still ill, but got results of her final test back today. Negative on Covid 19. They also tested her for Influenza A&B and she got negative results for those the same day as the test.

I don't think it's any great mystery. There's always some minor bug out there that has symptoms similar to the real bad actors. And even a relatively minor bug can take you out if you have medical/immunological issues. Guys wanna believe they had Covid 19, I got no problem with that. Lot's of doctors and medical facilities are blaming deaths and illnesses on Covid 19 that were never really diagnosed that way.

The director of the local Covid 19 response team called us with her results. We asked him if he had any idea what kind of bug she had. He had no idea, but said that reports were common of an apparently viral bug that was hanging on and causing symptoms for up to a month, for some. They've done hundreds of tests now in our county (Edit; Every person tested had symptoms common to C19) and the only positive tests have been for residents of other areas. The next county over has a couple of dozen positive cases and one confirmed C19 related death.

You are aware that there were a lot of bad tests out of china? Perhaps your county got a bunch of that bad lot. the issue was false negatives.

Just a thought.

FWIW i think i had it back in feb.

I am aware of that. There have been a number of positive tests. They have all been tied to an area where C19 was already known to be established.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Folks...I'm not saying y'all are wrong. There's no telling and part of that is because you can't believe either China or our own government. Pneumonia and Bronchitus are typical cold weather ailments. They come with the Flu to many people and all sorts of other ailments. Just because you tested negative for one Flu doesn't mean you didn't have another and if you didn't, there are other ways to get these ailments. COVID-19 didn't invent chest congestion, it has the same symptoms as many other ailments.

This side of Heaven it is doubtful we'll ever know the full truth about this outbreak and terrible disease.

We absolutely will know an accurate case fatality rate once we've done sufficient, random anti-body testing. At that point we'll know whether its no more lethal or a lot more lethal than the flu. That is the critical piece of info we are missing.

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Baffles my mind that places like Japan, Australia, and Thailand got it early, but the outbreaks were minor. Then places Italy,Spain, NY get hammered. It just make sense with the current narrative. Why was Seattle able to contain it better than NY. The only thing that makes sense is different strains, one weaker, one stronger or it's temp sensitive.

Or it could be due to pols like De Blasio urging citizens to attend public functions and the theaters. Or the mayor of Florence Italy urging Italians to hug the Chinese to prove they weren't racist.

There is a bug out there that has very similar symptoms to Covid 19. My wife has it now, and was tested on Tuesday and placed on quarantine by the Covid 19 response team and the county health authorities.
She is still ill, but got results of her final test back today. Negative on Covid 19. They also tested her for Influenza A&B and she got negative results for those the same day as the test.

I don't think it's any great mystery. There's always some minor bug out there that has symptoms similar to the real bad actors. And even a relatively minor bug can take you out if you have medical/immunological issues. Guys wanna believe they had Covid 19, I got no problem with that. Lot's of doctors and medical facilities are blaming deaths and illnesses on Covid 19 that were never really diagnosed that way.

The director of the local Covid 19 response team called us with her results. We asked him if he had any idea what kind of bug she had. He had no idea, but said that reports were common of an apparently viral bug that was hanging on and causing symptoms for up to a month, for some. They've done hundreds of tests now in our county (Edit; Every person tested had symptoms common to C19) and the only positive tests have been for residents of other areas. The next county over has a couple of dozen positive cases and one confirmed C19 related death.

You are aware that there were a lot of bad tests out of china? Perhaps your county got a bunch of that bad lot. the issue was false negatives.

Just a thought.

FWIW i think i had it back in feb.

I am aware of that. There have been a number of positive tests. They have all been tied to an area where C19 was already known to be established.

Which, IMO points to the indication that the isolation initiative has worked as intended.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Folks...I'm not saying y'all are wrong. There's no telling and part of that is because you can't believe either China or our own government. Pneumonia and Bronchitus are typical cold weather ailments. They come with the Flu to many people and all sorts of other ailments. Just because you tested negative for one Flu doesn't mean you didn't have another and if you didn't, there are other ways to get these ailments. COVID-19 didn't invent chest congestion, it has the same symptoms as many other ailments.

This side of Heaven it is doubtful we'll ever know the full truth about this outbreak and terrible disease.

We absolutely will know an accurate case fatality rate once we've done sufficient, random anti-body testing. At that point we'll know whether its no more lethal or a lot more lethal than the flu. That is the critical piece of info we are missing.
lolol Good one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I think I had COVID-19 back in '98 when the Pneumonia about killed me. Same symptoms. My Doc who doesn't know dick agrees with me.

I caught Chu-Flu-19 back in '85 from some chick form paramus.
Is she still there and active? Deflave wanted me to axe.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Count me in as someone who had a pretty extreme “flu” back in early January that mirrored many of the covid symptoms we are reading about today.

Bad cough (mostly at night) and a fever that lasted longer than any I’ve had before. Fatigue is common with the flu but I was positively lethargic..and it did linger.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by irfubar
I will make a prediction, if they find it , the "experts" will attempt to discredit the study..... wait for it

You mean it will be peer reviewed and subjected to a high level of scrutiny?

No Asniper, the bureaucrat doctors will attack the study and bury it because it will make them look incompetent, and it doesn't help the agenda

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
# ME Two Nov for me wife in DEC. not normal flu bad cough lasted 4 weeks hard to breath.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by CoElk101
# ME Two Nov for me wife in DEC. not normal flu bad cough lasted 4 weeks hard to breath.

Can somebody translate this into English please?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

He and his wife both had it in December. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Count me in as someone who had a pretty extreme “flu” back in early January that mirrored many of the covid symptoms we are reading about today.

Bad cough (mostly at night) and a fever that lasted longer than any I’ve had before. Fatigue is common with the flu but I was positively lethargic..and it did linger.

Friend had almost exact same symptoms in February up here. His wife and 3 year old son had it repeatedly from December through February. They finally took the kid out of Preschool and went up to their mountain property.

He is 52 and healthy. She is 38 I think.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

LMAO....can you even read at a first grade level?

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 04/09/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Thank you... wink

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I will make a prediction, if they find it , the "experts" will attempt to discredit the study..... wait for it

You mean it will be peer reviewed and subjected to a high level of scrutiny?

No Asniper, the bureaucrat doctors will attack the study and bury it because it will make them look incompetent, and it doesn't help the agenda

Nonsense.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s possible that it was in China and no one realized it.

[Linked Image from ]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I read a report yesterday saying that the bug that went around the Chattanooga area in November and December could have been either the flu or possibly CV-19. I called my Dr. today and she is requesting the Abbott test that I will take on Monday. My wife and I both had whatever it was and it was nasty. It lasted two weeks for my wife and three for me. Yes, we were tested for flu and that test was neg. My Dr. said they were going to test 25 patients of hers that had this "thing" last year. She believes, based on symptoms we all had, that it was the CV-19 virus. Like the OP said, if we did have it, it will be a game changer. I will report the results either way.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Certifiable

I felt the same in Feb after coming home from Vegas, horrible fever and coughing.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm not disagreeing with any of you. My son had something nasty Feb 17. High fever for a few days, dry cough, sore throat, slept 20 hours a day. Got Tamiflu. Not sure if that wiped his fever out or the doses of Tylenol, then ibuprofen every 2 hours. He was dehydrated too. Made him drink like a fish. He came out of it, but it lingered for a couple weeks. I was his primary caregiver. Didn't get so much as a sniffle.

However, what baffles me is where are all the pts with bi-lateral pneumonia who crash so bad there's no bringing them back? Cali has 40mm people. If they had it in Nov, the schit woulda hit the fan by Jan. There would be no hiding it. Michigan goes from 12 cases to 20K in just a few weeks. It doesn't make any sense to me...yet. Unless the early cases developed some sort of immunity or the virus mutated.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ro1459
I read a report yesterday saying that the bug that went around the Chattanooga area in November and December could have been either the flu or possibly CV-19. I called my Dr. today and she is requesting the Abbott test that I will take on Monday. My wife and I both had whatever it was and it was nasty. It lasted two weeks for my wife and three for me. Yes, we were tested for flu and that test was neg. My Dr. said they were going to test 25 patients of hers that had this "thing" last year. She believes, based on symptoms we all had, that it was the CV-19 virus. Like the OP said, if we did have it, it will be a game changer. I will report the results either way.

Thanks ro1459, I would be very interested in the results..... too many things aren't adding up in all this

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 6MMWASP, 17 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.