-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In NC the liquor stores have remained open. If I get stopped, I'm going to say I'm on my way HOME from the liquor store and have already chugged a 5th of bourbon - make the jackboot waste his time conducting field sobriety and breathalyzer tests on me. That will allow the rest of y'all to whizz on by and go turkey hunting on your property.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I think it might get interesting if they try to enforce that executive order...............what are they gonna do, set up roadblock checkpoints & start stopping all cars or randomly stopping cars on the roads?

Lots of back roads to get to most anywhere.......................

MM

Uhhh. They already have.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/c...o-keep-covid-19-from-spreading-in-state/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...spots-for-the-sunshine-state/vi-BB11Uzce

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
So when you hit a checkpoint and they ask you for your papers......hand over a roll of TP and on your merry way?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I feel sorry for the folks effected by these stupid liberal politicians. Remember them at election time. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wouldn’t you just be going “home”?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Order restricts TRAVEL between second or other homes, vacation property and rentals... but it also excluded that travel if for an essential job. Pretty sure for such as feeding cattle or live stock would be classed as an essential job.

The order added the restrictions for the very same reason you all were talking about last week.

Towns people traveling to rural property's they own to get away from high density areas, and bringing the virus with them.

Phil

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Fortunately my north property has no structures on it so it is not a cottage or residence.
It is my own private park that I use for hiking (sometimes I might also be hunting).

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender

It was until yesterday. Some fūcktard village president of an inbred woodtick village near Traverse City was crying about all of the down staters coming up and opening up their summer cottages. His beef is about how it's taxing their limited resources ealier than normal. A lot of elitist northern michiganders got their panties in a wad demanding isolation from outsiders.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The problem is not all the politicians who want to strip you of your rights. The problem is all the sheeple pissing all over themselves to help them...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

It was until yesterday. Some fūcktard village president of an inbred woodtick village near Traverse City was crying about all of the down staters coming up and opening up their summer cottages. His beef is about how it's taxing their limited resources ealier than normal. A lot of elitist northern michiganders got their panties in a wad demanding isolation from outsiders.

Talking to friends and family - I wonder if 60% of the UP even knows about the quarantine...

Me

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Saw a facebook post from a woman in Curtis. She was running her mouth like people were bringing the bubonic plague with them.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What an amazing power grab.

Retired cat herder.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by teal

Talking to friends and family - I wonder if 60% of the UP even knows about the quarantine...

I lived in The UP for eight years. Let’s just call some of those folks “different”. Under the best of circumstances they despise anyone who is not from the UP. I can’t even imagine what it’s like now.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

It was until yesterday. Some fūcktard village president of an inbred woodtick village near Traverse City wan crying about all of the down staters coming up and opening up their summer cottages. His beef is about how it's taxing their limited resources ealier than normal. A lot of elitist northern michiganders got their panties in a wad demanding isolation from outsiders.

I don't know about elitist, but cranky fu...k'n retires. I know of towns that would not allow an outsider in, let alone on a ATV.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I get that. It’s like summer here with the influx of pilgrims.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by teal

I lived in The UP for eight years. Let’s just call some of those folks “different”. Under the best of circumstances they despise anyone who is not from the UP. I can’t even imagine what it’s like now.

Mostly the same - cliques all over I'm sure. Good people and the UP is VASTLY underrated for beauty when people talk about great places to see in the US.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They'd have to arrest me. I will be going back and forth between my two properties irrespective of any half-wits directive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just tell them you need to feed the refugees locked in your barn. Didn't the governor make it a sanctuary?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MM879

It was until yesterday. Some fūcktard village president of an inbred woodtick village near Traverse City wan crying about all of the down staters coming up and opening up their summer cottages. His beef is about how it's taxing their limited resources ealier than normal. A lot of elitist northern michiganders got their panties in a wad demanding isolation from outsiders.

I don't know about elitist, but cranky fu...k'n retires. I know of towns that would not allow an outsider in, let alone on a ATV.

About the only time I experienced that was when my bil & I walked into a bar on Thanksgiving's day to watch the football game wearing lion's sweatshirts grin Generally speaking I've found them to be friendly and accommodating.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Ontario is as far left as Michigan—maybe further. The border is shut down no?
I know a guy from Wisconsin who owns a pretty nice cabin on pretty remote property. He came up last week with his wife—I talked to him on the phone. At the border he told me they took about a half hour to explain to him how he had to self-isolate. He cannot leave his property for 14 days—not for nothing. If he should need something it will have to be delivered and left outside his house—no interaction with anyone.
Point is they let him across.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 19rabbit52, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,313
Posts18,526,285
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.