Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Showdog75
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
My employer has paid sick leave and fu kers still come to work sick, hacking, coughing, sniffling.

No excuse for that bullshit.

Offspring

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
It's easy to bash a company for not having sick leave but if you look at it from the other side...EVERYONE would abuse the paid sick leave. A lot of people would be sick the week of Christmas, The week of Thanksgiving, the week they were going to go on vacation, the first week of deer season etc.... So then the company would have to put restrictions on it or some guild lines, which is more for the company to do so they can give employees more paid time off. If you are making a good living and can't afford a few days or a week off then change the way you spend what you make.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bobinpa
It's easy to bash a company for not having sick leave but if you look at it from the other side...EVERYONE would abuse the paid sick leave. A lot of people would be sick the week of Christmas, The week of Thanksgiving, the week they were going to go on vacation, the first week of deer season etc.... So then the company would have to put restrictions on it or some guild lines, which is more for the company to do so they can give employees more paid time off. If you are making a good living and can't afford a few days or a week off then change the way you spend what you make.

Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick
Now in ICU.

If it was up to me the original employee infected would be terminated for putting everyone else in danger.

Not only that he should have charges pressed against him and sued by those that he fuqked over.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

But if you have a decent sick leave policy, it makes it easier to send people home with pay. Besides, that's why everyone should have an emergency fund. If you can't get by without two weeks with no pay, you need to reevaluate the way that you live.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by UPhiker

But if you have a decent sick leave policy, it makes it easier to send people home with pay. Besides, that's why everyone should have an emergency fund. If you can't get by without two weeks with no pay, you need to reevaluate the way that you live.

I'm not against paid sick leave.... I'm just saying that most people abuse benefits, which leads to more companies not providing them.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most companies I have worked for offer you six days a year. That’s not going to cover COVID.
I would think during these times, Disability would pay off, that’s 80% of your pay.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I can't fault someone who's wanting to work. Healthy people seem to shake the China flu off like any other strain of flu. This is just more of the pussifacation of the US of A. My dad said when he was a kid people would show up at the job site hoping someone would get hurt so they could take their place. This country was built on hard work, not sick days.

Life is good live it while you can.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I can't fault someone who's wanting to work. Healthy people seem to shake the China flu off like any other strain of flu. This is just more of the pussifacation of the US of A. My dad said when he was a kid people would show up at the job site hoping someone would get hurt so they could take their place. This country was built on hard work, not sick days.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest muther fuqker around.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My employer has paid sick leave and fu kers still come to work sick, hacking, coughing, sniffling.

You do realize it's allergy season, right?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Most companies I have worked for offer you six days a year. That’s not going to cover COVID.
I would think during these times, Disability would pay off, that’s 80% of your pay.

In California....... federal disability takes several years

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Now in ICU.

If it was up to me the original employee infected would be terminated for putting everyone else in danger.

Not only that he should have charges pressed against him and sued by those that he fuqked over.

80% of people that get Covid don't show any symptoms.

One guy, did.

Does his showing symptoms prove he was the first to have it at that place?

Or just the first to show symptoms?

Hysterical people have a tendency to jump to delusions.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
But the cases ........

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

You do realize it's allergy season, right?

And only around 10% of sick people test positive for Coroaner virus.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course some abuse sick leave etc to no end. One lady I've worked with consumes sick and annual leave at the rate it accumulates. When sh-t hits the fan, she has to go into debt mode. She's also famous for padding hours and claiming time when not truly present. Another guy saves sick leave for hunting seasons.

We had another lady that started work, took 9 days of sick leave and then quit. Not an option. She had to either pay us back or work long enough to accumulate that leave. She took the latter, was not really a joy to be around, and the quality of her work was quite questionable.

I'm retired now but over 28 years I took 4 hours of sick leave going home tired with a headache one afternoon. At retirement, accumulated sick leave was added to time on the job, so I had just over a full year added to the equation. I guess I could have simply taken the last year off, but I'd not ever do that to my coworkers.

That being, there were for sure days with a runny nose or a cough, but I was typically in my own office or out doing field work. I'm one of those "buck up, don't whine, and get it done" types. When I put something on the calendar, it happens Hell or high water.

I fully understand small business encouraging attendance if possible. Most simply cannot afford to have spare staff or backups on call at a moments notice. If the front office lady or the cook can't come in, then everyone is essentially out of business for those days.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/11/20.

1Minute
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think from here on out everytime I get the sniffles, an itchy throat, or sneeze, I'll take two weeks off work.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Now in ICU.

Oh my.

You fellers really are getting dramatic.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I think from here on out everytime I get the sniffles, an itchy throat, or sneeze, I'll take two weeks off work.

I'm just gonna live like the Unabomber.

Sans bombs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Despite two weeks of leave being covered if we are suspected of having Wuhan.....haven't seen anyone try to duck out on b*llshit.

Yup.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"Everyone" and "no-one" is rather a large brush.

When I retired, I had over $30K worth of unused sick leave. They gave me 17, after taxes and other BS- tho buyout isn't at 100%.

Next I worked as a ramper for AK Air in Kotzebue for 4 years, working 60-80 hours a week. Had a couple mild colds, never took one day of paid sick leave. We were short-staffed.... only about 20 rampers and agents both.

Then 4 years with a food service company, feeding the school kids there. Picked up something on the plane back from Hawaii, and did take a few days off. A cafeteria is no place to sneeze on food for others....

My wife worked in school district administration there- 8 years. She might have taken a few days off sick leave, I don't remember. She did cash in over 30K of unused vacation time (also not fully compensated) when we left after 8 years.

Some people actually do have a work ethic. Or are work-a-holics..... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,628
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.