Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Kenton?

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey there John. No, it's a wrap around tape product from customturretsystems.com. They work great.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

JG,,
What optic is that???

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Looks like an lrts or lrhs

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by xrangerx

Yep. Riding in some SM rings.

JG has some nice rigs, setup for killin’...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
SWFA should make a "Hunter" series of 6x and 19x fixed SS scopes with a turret setp Identical to the Bushnell.

I damn sure do not need a $700-1000+ Bushnell scope that weighs 26oz on a hunting rifle.

But I would buy a SWFA at under $400 and 16 oz (or less) if it had those turrets.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ckat
Originally Posted by xrangerx

Yep. Riding in some SM rings.

JG has some nice rigs, setup for killin’...

Thank you ckat, and that's exactly what the setup is. Appreciate your kind words.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only a Whining CLUELESS Texan,would cover up a turret,to make it "better". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Be curious to see how she'd make a clock "better" and how a Speedometer and Tachometer soooooooo very reliably stump her too. Hint. LAUGHING!

Retards going the extra mile,to make sure an erector and it's windshield don't/can't jive,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! May as well etch Retardation too. Ooooopsie! Hint. LAUGHING!

You could spin these Droolers in a circle,within a Phone Booth and they'd haveta' dial 911 for directions,on how to get out! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts,for doing your BEST,with what incredibly fhuqking little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

WOW +P+++!!!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick

You could spin these Droolers in a circle,within a Phone Booth and they'd haveta' dial 911 for directions,on how to get out! Hint. LAUGHING!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Only a Whining CLUELESS Texan,would cover up a turret,to make it "better". Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING!

Be curious to see how she'd make a clock "better" and how a Speedometer and Tachometer soooooooo very reliably stump her too. Hint. LAUGHING!

Retards going the extra mile,to make sure an erector and it's windshield don't/can't jive,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! May as well etch Retardation too. Ooooopsie! Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts,for doing your BEST,with what incredibly fhuqking little you "have" to "work" with.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Personally, if I were you, “luckily I’m not”, I’d worry more about who the ex has her ass throwed up in the air for, or how your neck isn’t gonna suffocate you in your sleep, than worry about what uncle Johnny runs... just a thunk... xoxoxoxo

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

The sad part is that it’s true. Covering turrets? WTF

Last edited by qwk; 04/11/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the 3-9 HD on a Tikka T3X Superlite 6.5 Creedmoor. Grandson likes it and we are slowly learning the mil system.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Another vote for bankable adjustments over brightness or clarity to edge of field. Scopes are aiming devices, not primarily for scanning.

If you can punch paper with a 1" Leup BR then a 20x SWFA will not make you whine. Unless an 8 y/o firing a rifle for the first time, I'll grant.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Lw308
Just cruising this forum and seeing a lot of hype about the SWFA SS scopes. I have had the 3-15x42 FFP, 2 10x and 1 6x. These scope where super rugged and heavy built but I couldnt find any reason to keep any of them around for very long. Seems as my 3-15 would get very finicky at 12x and up, my 10x's had a blurry ring around the edge of the sight picture about 1/4", the 6x was the best one I had but was way too heavy for a 6x scope I thought. What am I missing?

Ain't hype if it's true. I've got 13 SWFA scopes in five models and they do exactly what they should at a price that's unbeatable. On the other hand I've had over 40 others of various brands and most of those have been sent down the road except for some old Leupold M8 fixed powers and some Nightforce and Bushnell models. A SWFA scope isn't ideal for all rifles, but neither are any other scopes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only got 70+ of 'em and in more than a few flavors. Have yet to experience anything resembling an "issue",but have had quite a few others Puke in that timeframe. Hint.

There's nothing to "learn",when making strides and doing it right,ala Mil scale. Simply run DOPE in .10 Mil values and apply same,less "conversion" or "counting clicks". Hint.

Sure is nice sighting in a new platform,in (2) shots,as opposed to the Reupold Shuffle of yore. Hint.

Bless the hearts of others,for doing their HILARIOUS best.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe because I never "convert click to a measurement" - Mil/Mil is very easy for me to use.

I don't give a chit about how many inches something is - move it the Mils my scope tells me. Dafaq do I care if its 3 inches or 6? Spin the knob and light another primer.

SS does a good job giving me a reticle that let's me "measure" on the windshield and go.

Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by teal
Maybe because I never "convert click to a measurement" - Mil/Mil is very easy for me to use.

I don't give a chit about how many inches something is - move it the Mils my scope tells me. Dafaq do I care if its 3 inches or 6? Spin the knob and light another primer.

SS does a good job giving me a reticle that let's me "measure" on the windshield and go.

Amen, it’s so intuitive it’s scary. Plus the 1-2 shot zeroing doesn’t suck.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep.

Did eventually find one SWFA where the clicks weren't as specified (a 16x fixed), but otherwise they've been dead-nuts.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Judman

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Personally, if I were you, “luckily I’m not”, I’d worry more about who the ex has her ass throwed up in the air for, or how your neck isn’t gonna suffocate you in your sleep, than worry about what uncle Johnny runs... just a thunk... xoxoxoxo

So, what experience do you have with SWFA?
Seems like most of your posts have no sustenance or correlation to the topic!?!?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,091 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,900
Posts18,479,331
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.