Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Some weights, exercise bike, push ups and a hike once or twice a week. Not much of a change.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RipSnort
With people social distancing and most gyms shut down, what are you doing for exercise these days?

Thanks, RS

Plenty to do here in the spring. Gardens, yard work, fencing, maintenance on 2 campers, 3 vehicles, 1 tractor, 2 lawn mowers, 3 at/utv’s, maybe some pm work on the boat.....other than that, pretty are pretty slow here! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I have a gym at home and now my BMI is about 2% because I’m hard at it. I would usually go to the gyms on base to socialize and half ass workout.

That is an interesting BMI, congratulations.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cutting, splitting and stacking wood.
Going on long walks.
Chasing my German Shorthair puppy around the yard and house yelling 'no!', 'don't eat that!', 'get off of that!' and 'come back here!'

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jdunham
Splitting and stacking wood.

According to one study I read, this is considered the single best exercise there is for a man.

I believe it! One of my favorite stress relievers and you can look at your progress when you are done and see an accomplishment.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've lost weight. Turkey season opened March 21 and I've been hitting the woods on public land about 3 days/week. I do about a 5 mile loop on old logging roads with a lot of elevation loss and gain. I've got a couple pretty well patterned and feel good about getting one late in the season after the hens are on nests. When not hunting it is a 1.5 mile loop through my neighborhood and none is level. Been doing 2-3 laps most days.

I also had 4 trees between a neighbors fence and my storage building that I've been wanting to cut. When my neighbor told me that he had a contractor lined up to replace the fence as soon as the weather breaks I decided now was the time. Using the winch on my truck I managed to get them down with no damage. I have them cut up, but am taking my time splitting the wood by hand.

I've got a few more projects around the house that should keep me busy for a little longer. Plus turkey season goes till May 15. Hopefully this will be over by then.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Indoor bike three days a week. Walking the lab two days a week.

Exercising the brain with books, I have lost track of the number of books I have read in the last six weeks. I need to dig out my copy of Hell I WasThere and reread it for about the fifth or sixth time...

Once the Idaho winds die off a bit it will be time to walk back and forth to the 100 & 200 yard targets!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I started running again, since I cant use the treadmills on post. It sure aint the same, thats fo sho. Doing pushups and using things around the house as weights. I have lost muscle, but running is starting to feel good again.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I have a gym at home and now my BMI is about 2% because I’m hard at it. I would usually go to the gyms on base to socialize and half ass workout.

That is an interesting BMI, congratulations.

mike r

Well....interesting is one way to describe it.... With a BMI of 2 he's been dead a while. Less than 18.5 is considered dangerously low.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've been sawing up blow-downs and trees I don't want on my 100 acre forest. A guy up the road sells 65-70 cords of firewood a year, so I've been supplying him about 2 pickup truck loads of rounds every day. He'll split, stack and sell it this Fall, and we split the $$$. Great workout for me, and It's nice and quiet in the wood by myself.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2% body fat, maybe?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hiking and Cross country skiing still winter here in Alaska have to wear ice cleats to hike.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I do a 5 mile walk every day during the Great Scamdemic of 2020. Normally I hit Planet Fitness but it is all shut down for the time being.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
20# dumbells with more reps than I do with heavier weights to keep the total weight moved the same, pull-up bar installed in the garage, core exercises, martial arts, biking, dog walking. Just keepin' on keepin' on.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 01Foreman400, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 63 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,450
Posts18,471,039
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.