Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Seems a lot of people die every year in the State of NY...?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/newyork/newyork.htm

NY Leading Causes of Death, 2017 Deaths
1. Heart Disease 44,092
2. Cancer 34,956
3. Accidents 7,687
4. Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases 7258
5. Stroke 6,264
6. Flu/Pneumonia 4,517
7. Diabetes 4,176
8. Alzheimer’s disease 3,521
9. Hypertension 2,699
10. Septicemia 2,296

New York Mortality Data
New York Mortality Data Deaths
Firearm Deaths 772
Homicide 577
Drug Overdose Deaths 3,921

Better not to take the shot, than to screw it up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Baffles my mind that places like Japan, Australia, and Thailand got it early, but the outbreaks were minor. Then places Italy,Spain, NY get hammered. It just make sense with the current narrative. Why was Seattle able to contain it better than NY. The only thing that makes sense is different strains, one weaker, one stronger or it's temp sensitive.

Or it could be due to pols like De Blasio urging citizens to attend public functions and the theaters. Or the mayor of Florence Italy urging Italians to hug the Chinese to prove they weren't racist.

There is a bug out there that has very similar symptoms to Covid 19. My wife has it now, and was tested on Tuesday and placed on quarantine by the Covid 19 response team and the county health authorities.
She is still ill, but got results of her final test back today. Negative on Covid 19. They also tested her for Influenza A&B and she got negative results for those the same day as the test.

I don't think it's any great mystery. There's always some minor bug out there that has symptoms similar to the real bad actors. And even a relatively minor bug can take you out if you have medical/immunological issues. Guys wanna believe they had Covid 19, I got no problem with that. Lot's of doctors and medical facilities are blaming deaths and illnesses on Covid 19 that were never really diagnosed that way.

The director of the local Covid 19 response team called us with her results. We asked him if he had any idea what kind of bug she had. He had no idea, but said that reports were common of an apparently viral bug that was hanging on and causing symptoms for up to a month, for some. They've done hundreds of tests now in our county (Edit; Every person tested had symptoms common to C19) and the only positive tests have been for residents of other areas. The next county over has a couple of dozen positive cases and one confirmed C19 related death.

You are aware that there were a lot of bad tests out of china? Perhaps your county got a bunch of that bad lot. the issue was false negatives.

Just a thought.

FWIW i think i had it back in feb.

I am aware of that. There have been a number of positive tests. They have all been tied to an area where C19 was already known to be established.

And it couldn't last anyway. Local authorities announced 9 positive test results today.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
My wife had similar symptoms.

Here COVID test came back negative.

Exactly. For the crowd and not you AS...Lots of stuff has similar symptoms and we are not out of the Cold and Flu season yet. We are all operating on flawed and incomplete stats which when analyzed, will present a flawed and incomplete picture of what is going and went on. That is not to say they are worthless, just that they must be taken with a huge dose of salt.

One thing that the virus has done is reveal a lot of weaknesses within our country, both medically and economically. If the Dems have their way, what will come out of it is less freedom and more stuff like the "Patriot" Act. The RINO/Globalists will act in complete concert with them. Hopefully even if the Dems get their way the undeniable facts will get through to enough "man on the street" Joe Sixpack types that they will vote the Dems out and maybe we can go even more nationalist with essential goods manufactured here and essential services rendered here instead of China and other places.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had some damn chit back in late Nov, early Dec that was messing with my lungs and the symptoms of Covid. Wouldn't be surprised if it was it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Herd immunity

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Last year in late winter I got sick. I was dehydrated and ran a fever, so my wife took me to the local ER. They put me on an IV and did about every test possible. My fever went down, and the IV rehydrated me. Tests came back negative for the seasonal flu. A nurse told me that it was going around, some kind of bug. Several of the hospital staff had been infected with it. They got me back on my feet, and I went home the same day. Today they would say I have Covid 19.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Last year in late winter I got sick. I was dehydrated and ran a fever, so my wife took me to the local ER. They put me on an IV and did about every test possible. My fever went down, and the IV rehydrated me. Tests came back negative for the seasonal flu. A nurse told me that it was going around, some kind of bug. Several of the hospital staff had been infected with it. They got me back on my feet, and I went home the same day. Today they would say I have Covid 19.

The only "they" that would say so would be libs trying to promote a leftist agenda. If the facts didn't fit their agenda they'd skew them and use them anyway.

C19 is a specific pathogen that has been identified and which is testable for. Hundreds have been ill in our area with symptoms identical to C19, but only a very few have tested positive for the specific pathogen. Those .who are ill but tested negative forC19 were also tested for Influenza A&B, with mixed results. My wife tested negative for all 3, but was and still is ill with fever, aches, and chest congestion. A guy from our church tested negative for C19 but positive for Influenza B.

C19 is a virus. You had a viral illness. If the illness you suffered was from C19 it can be detected by lab test. Short of that anything that you might claim is speculation.

I got a buddy who was sick for a few weeks before Christmas. Intelligent guy, but claims to be pretty sure that he had C19. Has not been tested or seen by any medical professional since becoming ill and recovering. He claims that the bug that got him couldn't have been a common cold because it was "different", and kicked his ass.
He doesn't even hear me when I explain that hundreds are getting their asses handed to them by a "different" bug, and still testing negative for C19, Influenza A, and Inf B.

So...

Carry on. You had this Corona bug. Yes?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

The only "they" that would say so would be libs trying to promote a leftist agenda. If the facts didn't fit their agenda they'd skew them and use them anyway.

C19 is a specific pathogen that has been identified and which is testable for. Hundreds have been ill in our area with symptoms identical to C19, but only a very few have tested positive for the specific pathogen. Those .who are ill but tested negative forC19 were also tested for Influenza A&B, with mixed results. My wife tested negative for all 3, but was and still is ill with fever, aches, and chest congestion. A guy from our church tested negative for C19 but positive for Influenza B.

C19 is a virus. You had a viral illness. If the illness you suffered was from C19 it can be detected by lab test. Short of that anything that you might claim is speculation.

I got a buddy who was sick for a few weeks before Christmas. Intelligent guy, but claims to be pretty sure that he had C19. Has not been tested or seen by any medical professional since becoming ill and recovering. He claims that the bug that got him couldn't have been a common cold because it was "different", and kicked his ass.
He doesn't even hear me when I explain that hundreds are getting their asses handed to them by a "different" bug, and still testing negative for C19, Influenza A, and Inf B.

So...

Only Liberals could claim that Covid-Y2K was the most contagious virus ever seen on planet earth, while at the same time contending that nobody ever got it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
It appears that if you die from- say a heart attack- or a traffic death- and you have C19 antibodies, you are counted as a C19 death.

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

We will never get the real truth.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski

So...

Only Liberals could claim that Covid-Y2K was the most contagious virus ever seen on planet earth, while at the same time contending that nobody ever got it.

Oh, there're plenty who are getting it. And those most affected (infected) are the poor souls who live in the liberal warrens. Places like NYC where the mayor downplayed the danger and encouraged folk to attend the theaters, ride the subway, and celebrate in public events...

But that's surely Trump's fault, right?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Liberal New Yorkers apparently are like sheep..... looking for a place to die.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

So...

My daughter is in college and a member of a sorority, one of her sisters is friends with someone that was studying abroad. This individual came back to the states and was tested once, negative. Tested again, negative. Tested a third time, positive. I don't know if he was showing symptoms or not but I can tell you one or even two tests are not definitive proof.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

So...

Are those the 70% failure rate tests?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by ro1459
I read a report yesterday saying that the bug that went around the Chattanooga area in November and December could have been either the flu or possibly CV-19. I called my Dr. today and she is requesting the Abbott test that I will take on Monday. My wife and I both had whatever it was and it was nasty. It lasted two weeks for my wife and three for me. Yes, we were tested for flu and that test was neg. My Dr. said they were going to test 25 patients of hers that had this "thing" last year. She believes, based on symptoms we all had, that it was the CV-19 virus. Like the OP said, if we did have it, it will be a game changer. I will report the results either way.

Thanks ro1459, I would be very interested in the results..... too many things aren't adding up in all this

Monday, April 13 follow-up.

First of all let me make a correction. I misunderstood what was going to happen today. I thought I was going to go to my Dr's office and have a Abbott test. This was not the case. I was called Friday evening and was told to report to Erlanger Hospital at 8 AM to participate in an experimental test for blood antigens to see if I had had the CV-19 virus the is past year. To participate, I had to show that I was not currently sick with anything. I then had to sign a form stating that the results this test could not discussed by me to anyone. After signing the form, a nurse came in a drew blood. I was told I could wait or they would call me when they got the results. I got those results at 1:20 PM. I will not be allowed to hear the results of the other 24 participants nor they mine. I understand that this test was part of a nation testing to see how many of us have already had this virus.

While I can't give you my results. I will say that I now know this virus has been with us longer than February.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
They can’t admit it was here before it was in China.

It was already affecting china back in October, November.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I read a report yesterday saying that the bug that went around the Chattanooga area in November and December could have been either the flu or possibly CV-19. I called my Dr. today and she is requesting the Abbott test that I will take on Monday. My wife and I both had whatever it was and it was nasty. It lasted two weeks for my wife and three for me. Yes, we were tested for flu and that test was neg. My Dr. said they were going to test 25 patients of hers that had this "thing" last year. She believes, based on symptoms we all had, that it was the CV-19 virus. Like the OP said, if we did have it, it will be a game changer. I will report the results either way.

Thanks ro1459, I would be very interested in the results..... too many things aren't adding up in all this

First of all let me make a correction. I misunderstood what was going to happen today. I thought I was going to go to my Dr's office and have a Abbott test. This was not the case. I was called Friday evening and was told to report to Erlanger Hospital at 8 AM to participate in an experimental test for blood antigens to see if I had had the CV-19 virus the is past year. To participate, I had to show that I was not currently sick with anything. I then had to sign a form stating that the results this test could not discussed by me to anyone. After signing the form, a nurse came in a drew blood. I was told I could wait or they would call me when they got the results. I got those results at 1:20 PM. I will not be allowed to hear the results of the other 24 participants nor they mine. I understand that this test was part of a nation testing to see how many of us have already had this virus.

While I can't give you my results. I will say that I now know this virus has been with us longer than February.

Wow!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JTman

Wow!

Wow is right..... A nondisclosure, seriously.... the results and timeline are very interesting, or should I say the lack of results? wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Wow!

Wow is right..... A nondisclosure, seriously.... the results and timeline are very interesting, or should I say the lack of results? wink

SOP until data is analyzed and "published" for many "studies".

Kind of a bummer we don't get to know his results though.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
irfubar Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Bump

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Wow!

Yep! He could at least give us a clue via sockpuppet or something. Not nice to leave us hangin....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.