Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
from the linked article:

https://www.ecowatch.com/meat-processing-plants-coronavirus-2645711732.html

wouldn't be a HUGE agenda, here, would there guys?

"For animal welfare advocates, however, the spread of the new coronavirus at meat processing plants is just another symptom of the industry's disregard for both human and animal life.

"Even without the connection to coronavirus, animal flesh is one of the most cruelly obtained and unhealthy things you could consume," People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wrote. "Eating meat has been conclusively linked to heart disease, cancer, obesity, and other health issues — and according to the United Nations, animal agriculture is responsible for nearly a fifth of human-induced greenhouse-gas emissions. But each person who goes vegan won't just help fight climate change — they'll also save the lives of nearly 200 animals a year, animals who, just like us, don't want to be killed. Don't wait for COVID-20 — forget freezer meat and go vegan now."

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Cool. Cant wait to see the wet markets spring up in NYC Chicago, St Louis etc.

Should help w the stray cat and dog probs.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/14/20.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by teal
The Chicken Rush has been popular in our area for years. Urban coops all over the place - springing up the last 3-5 years here.

My rooster crows in response to a rooster in the distance west of here and one in the distance east of here. So I know there are at least two other houses with chickens within a few hundred yards of my home.

I've been keeping chickens for eggs for about ten years now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
we only feed a few ferals, cats, that have been hanging around for a long time. several people on the street are feeding rather large cat colonies, and my ferals don't like company and keep them away. but we have kind of an ecosystem. there is a big owl that hits the cats at feeding time, air lifts them up, and drops them. then proceeds off for lunch.
and a pack of coyotes running the neighborhood after the cats.
not to mention the various hawks that go after them.

i have an old palm tree, that i don't trim, for the bird populations. guy across the street at one time was training his retrievers with pigeons where he had cropped their wings. when he moved he turned the pigeons loose, who walked across the street and took up residence in the palm. probably ten generations later they are still there. along with several other species of birds.
cats get a few, and the hawks make a living off them too.
something to see a hawk hit a pigeon in the air at about 50mph. kaboom.
i have been thinking about putting chickens in the back yard for years.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Tyson meat plant near Tri-Cities to stay open despite coronavirus outbreak there

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Walla Walla County health officials say they will allow the Tyson Fresh Meats plant near the Tri-Cities to continue operating with additional measures to protect workers from the new coronavirus.

About 42 people — most, if not all of them, employees — are believed to have COVID-19 linked to an outbreak at the Wallula plant, with health officials expecting more cases.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
If you pop some Euros, take the meat off the bone and fry them up like chicken nuggets. Everyone we have tried to grill on the bone has been chewy.

Interesting, I may have to try that when I need to start dipping into the emergency food supply as I call the ones that come in for my quail and jay feed.

Geno

my prefered method for dove is to strip off the breast meat, throw the rest of the bird away. lightly brown. then take a jalopeno pepper, strip out the veins and seeds, insert breas meat filling up with phillie cream cheese. wrap pepper with bacon, and grill. when bacon is done, pepper is done. they disappear in a hurry.
back in the 70's i could get a limit of quail in probably 15minutes. we just when from one covey to another, never bothering with singles.
but the quail populations are way down from what they use to be.

there is a chinese restaurant right around the corner. if times get real bad, might have to work out a deal with them on those cats.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by kid0917
I might be surprised; but I don't foresee any food shortages that will amount to anything. Remarkable logistics in this country; and very keen and innovative (yes, profit motivated) companies will bounce back fast.

About like toilet paper, eggs, hamburger, hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, paper towels and countless other things that aren't readily available in the stores at the moment. Three of the biggest hitters in the cattle slaughter - packing houses are closed down and the rest are running at half speed. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to see what's going to happen.

except for tp and hand sanitizer, we are not seeing any shortages of the other things you mention here in SE VA.
no, I am not a brain surgeon.
like I stated,,,,, I might be surprised.
time will tell.

I have not seen flour in a month. Sugar is around. I have not seen toilet paper in a month. I have not seen yeast in a month. I've not seen hand sanitizer in who knows when.

Thankfully we were set for a bit with all the above and can continue onward a while, well actually longer than a while really, BUT who the hell is still buying so much?

At least there are cattle roaming the 100 acres.. not that we'll run out of venison of differing flavors in the freezer for some time.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Control the food . Control the population. People will do anything they are told for some food.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Fat cattle at 89$ today, that's CHEAP!

Richard, I'n no cattle guy so I'm guessing that's like a hundredweight price?

About $0.89/lb.

Where do I get one and who knows a good butcher around here? I might have to go to the local auction up the road.

What's the price on lambs..............I love lamb.

Geno

If you are truly serious about this you should probably make an appointment with the local locker before you go out and buy yourself one of those cheap beefs. The lockers around here are backed up for a couple months at least.

I might have to check on that.

Very few here now, don't even think there's a mobile butchering service anymore.

Geno

Can what doesn't fit in the freezer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I gotta say, we run outta bacon and there's gonna be hell to pay.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol,, yeah , love me some bacon

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bound to happen.
The largest pork plant in S. Dakota, one of the largest in the US, is shutting down.

Sign of the times??

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was told by an Italian immigrant, years ago, a dictator takes good care of the farmers. Food for the people.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I seen this coming months ago planted 100 pd of potatoes normal plant 50 pd and got my seed early for squash cucumber etc normally buy tomato plants but got a pack of seed early have over 200 plants now and all the growers are sold out several weeks ago far to early still had frost yesterday

With that foresight did you also short the DJIA and the NASDAQ ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Great idea you guys have, let's blab this all over the internet, that way meat will follow toilet paper into unobatnium due to hoarding behavior. Geniuses !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can’t be that fuggin stupid.

You can’t be.

you should avoid gambling...

John, the truth hurts but I think that you’re right !
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (02bfishn, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,571
Posts18,491,880
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.