Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I am doing pretty well today. No temp and sats are around 90% which has been kind of a new normal range for me the last year. The pulmonologist refused to see me by telehealth and said I need to come in so I said ok make me an appointment. They then said they would get back to me because they're really busy. I got my ENT Dr to order my bipap but the medical supply place wouldn't answer calls and doesn't call back.

On Monday I called the ENT back and asked them to send the order to a different medical supply place but they still don't have the order. I don't think whatever I have/had will kill me, I think the stress of dealing with the medical world right now will.

I know I really want to do what I can to become more healthy. I've had several challenges the last few years that have made me realize your health is one of the most important things you have. I worked a lot of long hours at a desk job to get ahead financially but I don't think it was worth the toll it took on my health. My stress hormones have been running high for years do to chronic pain and inflammation from my autoimmune disease.

Taking steroids all the time has made it even harder to lose weight. I'm convinced that I need to do everything I can to lose weight and start exercising again. I'm trying to make a plan for long term and I'm starting with trying to get my sleep figured out and apnea under control along with weight loss. I need to get my insulin levels down too. I'm not diabetic and my A1c is always around 5 but my insulin levels are through the roof to keep it there.

I want my life back, I've got to get my pain. Inflammation, weight, and sleep under control. The next virus that the Chinese develop could be worse. This has taught me that there's more to preparation than food storage and savings.

I really just wish I could walk well enough again to go on a nice long rabbit hunt. For years my brother and i would meet in Malta idaho on easter Saturday and do a big rabbit hunt. I really miss things like that.

Bb

consider keto - it really does work and you get used to it pretty quick

Last edited by KFWA; 04/14/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Admitting that you're sick is the first step toward dying.

If your wife is a nurse you need to punch her in the face. Privately.

If she isn't a nurse, punch her anyway. Privately.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by KFWA
consider keto - it really does work and you get used to it pretty quick

+ 100,000.

Stop the carbs.....all carbs. They have no nutritional value, and they just put fat on you, and turn you into a diabetic from making your body more and more insulin resistant.

The weight will start falling off of you, without even exercising.

Let your body determine when it's hungry, not you. Everybody thinks, "Oh, it's lunch time...I have to eat....or it's breakfast time....I have to eat"....Americans stuff their pie hole constantly, and it's killing everyone from all the diseases obesity brings on.

Eat high fat..animal fats. That's where you get your fuel, that and the little protein you need. The rest...vegetables, high in vitamins...brussel sprouts, spinach, kale, brocoli, straight cheeses.

NO SUGAR...it's poison to the body, weakens the immune system, and turns to fat.

High Fat Low Carbs Medium Protein.

Once you get a good chunk of the weight off, start walking, then brisk walking. That will help get your metabolism up and burn the fat off.

Losing the weight will solve your other health issues too.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Admitting that you're sick is the first step toward dying.

If your wife is a nurse you need to punch her in the face. Privately.

If she isn't a nurse, punch her anyway. Privately.

JFC flave what the hells got you so venomous today?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,002
Posts18,520,503
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.