B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by 30338
Originally Posted by saddlesore
MY father had to retire early due to black lung from the coal mines. He lived until he was 94. My mother spent the last 7years of her life in an Alzheimer home .She past when she was 93. Early on the doctors said both conditions would be fatal. We sure wanted them to be with us as long as possible. If some doctor or anyone would have came up to me and said they are going to die anyway, I have the feeling they would not have lived as long as my parents did.

At 76, I feel the same as Old Toot. I don't plan on dying any sooner than I have to.

Over 70, stay home a few months. .

How about you staying home for a few months so you don't get infected and transmit it to other people.

Sure thing. How about I stop paying social security taxes and you go without that lol. Hope you have some good savings.

Fugg no! They worked their whole life to have a claim on your money!
We worked our whole lives paying social security for other people. Now it's our turn to collect you fuggin ass hole.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So if 80 years olds are afraid, we shut down EVERYBODY? Why not use some common sense? If you are at risk, isolate yourself. Also, ask yourself why you are at risk. Thought smoking was cool? Obese? High BP? No exercise? And everyone is supposed to pay for the poor decisions of others? My staying home isn't helping the scared. Everyone take precautions. At risk - Isolate yourselves.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
We worked our whole lives paying social security for other people. Now it's our turn to collect you fuggin ass hole.
That is only if the young generation agrees. It is a contract between generations that can be revoked. That is, if they can muster the political muscle to revoke it. You are correct in that you payed the preceding generation. Now it's time for the present working generation to decide if they wish to keep SS going seeing as how it is on a collision course with insolvency and probably won't be there for them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm starting to see why the millennials dislike the boomers.

And you make it obvious why millennials are not respected by some. Our country murders unborn children relentlessly w/out consequence to lawmakers. Thinking that there is consideration for human life by politicians is naive.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

oops, double tap, must be my palsy.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 04/15/20.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
None of em ever bitched about paying into SS back in the day......

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 280shooter
So if 80 years olds are afraid, we shut down EVERYBODY? Why not use some common sense? If you are at risk, isolate yourself. Also, ask yourself why you are at risk. Thought smoking was cool? Obese? High BP? No exercise? And everyone is supposed to pay for the poor decisions of others? My staying home isn't helping the scared. Everyone take precautions. At risk - Isolate yourselves.

Hey, numbnuts, 80 year olds didn’t shut things down. Twas your generation that did so.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by lvmiker

oops, double tap, must be my palsy.

mike r

You’re at risk mofo !!!!!
Grins

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Which generation is he?

Maybe we should have a generation listed instead of a location.

Be like the BATF weapons sheet.

Are you A Boomer? Non Hispanic White Boomer?

A Gen X Boomer? Maybe a Greatest Boomer?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Perhaps closing down was the right thing to do until COVID-19’s real impact was known. Easy for all of us to armchair quarterback this one, especially if a person carries water for a certain political party. Address the issue and then investigate the ulterior motives after the problem is resolved.

That said, with the numbers where they’ve been for the past 2 weeks, it certainly makes sense to have seriously considered opening back up. In the beginning, the lack of knowing the virus’s potential benefitted the greater good by closing down. It may no longer be the case.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Hey, numbnuts, 80 year olds didn’t shut things down. Twas your generation that did so.

Sorry for your piss poor life choices.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RayF
Perhaps closing down was the right thing to do until COVID-19’s real impact was known. Easy for all of us to armchair quarterback this one, especially if a person carries water for a certain political party. Address the issue and then investigate the ulterior motives after the problem is resolved.

That said, with the numbers where they’ve been for the past 2 weeks, it certainly makes sense to have seriously considered opening back up. In the beginning, the lack of knowing the virus’s potential benefitted the greater good by closing down. It may no longer be the case.

Agree.

For the rest of the millennium congregation here, the schools weren’t shutdown to protect Ole folks .

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
It wasn't to protect the kids!

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Doing fine here and still making the right choices having learned from a few bad ones.

Tell your Mom and Dad, Aunts and Uncles hello.

Fuggin nitwit.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

He's kinda slow.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

He's kinda slow.

Says the slug.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Doing fine here and still making the right choices having learned from a few bad ones.

Tell your Mom and Dad, Aunts and Uncles hello.

Fuggin nitwit.

Selfish, regretful, pricks are always entertaining. In a sad way, but still entertaining. It's all about you, right Nancy? Maybe you can start a SHTF tough guy thread. ROTFLMAO

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by cfran
Good article and I concur 100%. Most Democrats think the sky is falling, guys like Miles58 who also lives in MN. Overhyped from the get go folks, need to put waaaaay more emphasis on opening the economy back up!

Watch what happens to Sioux falls over the next month and tell me about it then. All I hear out of you is mouth. Shutting down the state of Minnesota some has prevented a lot of people getting the disease and thus a number of them not dying unnecessarily. If you don't think the sky really is falling try moving to NYC or France or Italy or Spain or China and telling those people this isn't serious. If you think you're not at risk, go work in a hospital cleaning up. Then come back and tell me it's nothing.

Yep, big issues with the pork plant, heavy immigrant workforce living and working in close proximity to one another. So while your point is somewhat valid it’s a unique circumstance and I don’t suspect we will see many deaths in the grand scheme. Let’s watch Sioux Falls together, because it will end up being a non event, just like Gov Walz’s projections.

Why hasn’t MN seen many deaths? Only because we shelter in place better? Nonsense. But if you are old with pre-existing conditions, obese, etc then it’s a different matter.

You are running your mouth before watching what happens to Sioux Falls aren't you? Same as running your mouth before you stop to consider what is about to come out of it. The same applies to running your mouth calling the pork plant a unique situation. It is hardly unique in terms of number of employees, employee to employee proximity, or uch of anything else for that matter. Next time you go outside look around you. How may GoldenPlumg and Jennie O plants do we have here? Down in the citeis we have building complexes like Medtronic that employ a lot more people that share small spaces like bathrooms. Look at the closest hospital where you live. Look at something like the big mall in the cities. That thing is dependent on all those people oving through it.

Lastly, go look at the deaths per 100,000 people hit by the 1918 flu pandemic and think on those three peaks. If we were to give the retarded portion of our population their desire and open the state today 100% there would be the exact same thing happen a month from the opening and again in October

You have no idea of the percentage of migrants in that pork plant. You have no idea of their age. You have no idea about their immigration status. You have no idea about their living quarters.

Maybe they do have a lot of immigrants. Maybe some of your stereotypes apply. But... You do not get the right to decide who deserves to get sick. You do not get to decide who dies. You do not get to decide who gets to pay the bills for a month in ICU. You do not get to decide which industries suffer the losses of plant shut downs because their work force was all out sick.

For what it's worth, people that are 80 years old have about as long a future live span as those from 60 up n If you make it that far you tend to make it further than average. Hypertension (hig blood pressure Is eminently treatable and people with it can live with it for decades. Likewise diabetes. Likewise being over weight. I happen to have a friend who's skinny as a rail and has low cholesterol and he got the heart attack and I did not though I am about 30 pounds over and have had high cholesterol for decades.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

He's kinda slow.

Says the slug.

Wow! You go girl!

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by saddlesore
MY father had to retire early due to black lung from the coal mines. He lived until he was 94. My mother spent the last 7years of her life in an Alzheimer home .She past when she was 93. Early on the doctors said both conditions would be fatal. We sure wanted them to be with us as long as possible. If some doctor or anyone would have came up to me and said they are going to die anyway, I have the feeling they would not have lived as long as my parents did.

At 76, I feel the same as Old Toot. I don't plan on dying any sooner than I have to.

Over 70, stay home a few months. .

How about you staying home for a few months so you don't get infected and transmit it to other people.

Sure thing. How about I stop paying social security taxes and you go without that lol. Hope you have some good savings.

Fugg no! They worked their whole life to have a claim on your money!

I'd expect better language from the Greatest Generation. SMH. Very vulgar. Be sure to wash your hands and don't spend your stimulus money all in one place. Maybe buy some masks.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.