Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jacksprat
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I've got an 87 year old uncle that's in assisted living, I bet he's nervous. I need to call him.

Too informal, anything worth saying is worth saying in person.

No nursing home or assisted living visits allowed in Louisiana

That was the joke.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

-Patrick Henry
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Some of you bastards are damned disgusting with your disregard for human life. And yet you have the balls to criticize the abortionists. Those willing to disregard the aged as useless and expensive are no better than the abortionists.

It has been obvious how Hitler won the hearts and minds of Germany by marginalizing one sector of the population at a time.

First: kill the retards
then: kill the queers
then: kill the Gypsys
then: kill the Slavs
then: kill the Russians
then: kill the Jews

Never in my lifetime would I have foreseen the marginalizing of human life by the citizens of the USA during my lifetime.

The lunacy of those who resent the aged for their use of Social Security benefits is legendary. To proclaim that one is not entitled to receive Social Security after paying 13% of every earned dollar into it over forty five to fifty years is damned ridiculous.

Do you understand that the decision to shut down the economy isn't without consequences? There will likely be an increase in suicides and overdoses. There are reports about people not seeking medical care that may end up dying because they're too scared to go to the hospital. Not to mention the financial burden being placed on young workers, small business owners and others, that they might never fully recover from. And all this because the sainted elderly can't be expected to take sensible precautions to protect their own lives.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
[quote=Old_Toot][quote=280shooter]So if 80 years olds are afraid, we shut down EVERYBODY? Why not use some common sense? If you are at risk, isolate yourself. Also, ask yourself why you are at risk. Thought smoking was cool? Obese? High BP? No exercise? And everyone is supposed to pay for the poor decisions of others? My staying home isn't helping the scared. Everyone take precautions. At risk - Isolate yourselves.

Hey, numbnuts, 80 year olds didn’t shut things down. Twas your generation that did so.

Sorry for your piss poor life choices.

Doing fine here and still making the right choices having learned from a few bad ones.

Tell your Mom and Dad, Aunts and Uncles hello.

Fuggin nitwit.

Selfish, regretful, pricks are always entertaining. In a sad way, but still entertaining. It's all about you, right Nancy? Maybe you can start a SHTF tough guy thread. ROTFLMAO

Try the food bank. They’ll help ya.

Try this.

Go to your Dad , assuming he’s not succumbed to Covid, and pull up two chairs face to face and simply say:

Dad, I’m scared scchitt-less, please explain what’s going on, where we’re at with this thing and where it’s going. You’ve seen theses things before, please explain it all to me.

Having done that and after you escape the bonds of puberty, you’ll be a lot better for having done it.

There. That’s easy enough, ain’t it ?

[quote=Old_Toot][quote=280shooter]So if 80 years olds are afraid, we shut down EVERYBODY? Why not use some common sense? If you are at risk, isolate yourself. Also, ask yourself why you are at risk. Thought smoking was cool? Obese? High BP? No exercise? And everyone is supposed to pay for the poor decisions of others? My staying home isn't helping the scared. Everyone take precautions. At risk - Isolate yourselves.

Hey, numbnuts, 80 year olds didn’t shut things down. Twas your generation that did so.

Sorry for your piss poor life choices.

Doing fine here and still making the right choices having learned from a few bad ones.

Tell your Mom and Dad, Aunts and Uncles hello.

Fuggin nitwit.

Selfish, regretful, pricks are always entertaining. In a sad way, but still entertaining. It's all about you, right Nancy? Maybe you can start a SHTF tough guy thread. ROTFLMAO

Try the food bank. They’ll help ya. After you get up off the floor.

No regrets here. And it is all about

Try this.

Go to your Dad , assuming he’s not succumbed to Covid, and pull up two chairs face to face and simply say:

Dad, I’m scared scchitt-less, please explain what’s going on, where we’re at with this thing and where it’s going. You’ve seen theses things before, please explain it all to me.

Having done that and after you escape the bonds of puberty, you’ll be a lot better for having done it.

There. That’s easy enough, ain’t it ?

And dad will say, "well son, the last time we did this, the older generation wasn't a bunch of pussies..."

And he’d further say that back then they were real men, tough men like truck drivers.
Yeah, that’s what he’d say.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
what will happen in the inner city is really close to the bottom of my list of Corona concerns.

Everyone should take precautions as they see fit. It's called personal responsibility. Blanket mandates across states, that are based on isolated hot spots are ridiculous.
This isn't a "one size fits all" situation. NYC is a long way from corn cob county West Virginia.

Perzactly!
The state authoriti [doing my best Cortman impression] is trying to implement the "one size fits all" scenario, it won't work.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are we still saying anyone who wants to open the economy up because this is all bullllschidt is a Nazi? Wanna make sure I’m on the same page this morning.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Quickest way to reopen the economy is to say all salaried by taxpayers workers at the local, state, and fed level will take a 15% pay cut until things open up. And that includes teachers.

Things would be open tomorrow and the entire narrative would change.

IC B2

30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Add in social security benefits and it may open up later today.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
No kidding.

What we have going on is a bunch of people with guaranteed paychecks picking winners and losers in this.

Kinda chaps my ass when school teachers kayak by on a school day, all smiles, still collecting big $$ with the premo health insurance plan while the local fishermen will starve this year due to the decisions of those who won’t lose a dime.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
Quickest way to reopen the economy is to say all salaried by taxpayers workers at the local, state, and fed level will take a 15% pay cut until things open up. And that includes teachers.

Things would be open tomorrow and the entire narrative would change.

Why limit it to those salaried by taxpayers? Why not anyone who is not working but still receiving pay/benefits?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fuggin millenials.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
So, the fishermen are starving because they have no place to sell their catch? Right?

Where is the market for their catch? Restaurants?

So, are you too fugging stupid to understand the restaurants would be empty without any Governmental order? Or that lifting of those orders will not magically fill the restaurants?

Such are the consequences of natural disasters.

Now I admit to very little knowledge of circumstances in Big City America.

But around here the only businesses actually closed are dine in restaurants, oh and that Dutch Bros where they found several members of the wait staff had the Corona. But traffic on the roads is reduced to about 25% of normal and even the grocery stores are void of customers.

People have no interest in going into public venues. Even when forced into a grocery store or pharmacy, they stand far away from each other and try very hard to avoid contact with others.

People sure as hell are not eager to eat food in an open dining room, nor have a waiter handling their open plate or touching their water glass.

Dot Gov could very well lift all restrictions tomorrow, today even, but do not expect much impact on the economy any time soon. People have learned they can do without many frivolous expenditures.

What are we going to do? Start shooting people if they do not buy three restaurant meals each week?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of conjecture and wild ass guessing there.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Locally, we are at 34 death in two counties with about 300K in populations. 76% of the deaths are from nursing home residents. The infection rate of the virus amongst staff and residents in the nursing homes is very high. The only reason that experts know it is very high is that all the staff and residents in the nursing homes have been tested. I suspect if the rest of the population was tested at the same level, we would find the rate of infection to be very high with a majority of those being tested asymptomatic.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This isn't a guess. 22 million people lost jobs last month. I will guess that many of them were poor planners and have bills to pay. And the state of MN had 79 deaths of elderly folks, out of a population of 830,000 elderly. And they will still keep dying while this virus runs its course. Though in fairness, that is around a .00009 death rate in MN's elderly.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

More real observations there.

What is actually closed in Boise by Government order?

And what is the traffic rate at those places still open?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Many here cannot see the forest through the trees, go figure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
So it's ok to say "what the hell,let the older people die" ? Instead of dying peacefully, it is ok to let them go out struggling for breath. I guess the same ones saying this says it is ok to kill the babies in late term abortions..I mean they are going to die some time right .There are some cruel hearted SOB"s in this world that is for sure
No doubt there are some cruel hearted people in the world - always has been the case. But, IMHO your comments are short-sighted or borne from ignorance - or maybe both. I am quite old even though not yet 87 and have enjoyed a wonderful life, career, family, friends and most of what a fellow could do out in nature. Also have climbed back from two serious health situations and know I soon will die from something like that or similar - and most likely, as you put it, "go out struggling for breath." I am reconciled with the reality and so, yes, it is OK to say "let the older people die" because we certainly will and nothing over-arching can or will be done to change that. Contrary to your guess, I celebrate the glory and sanctity of life, believe that abortion is dead wrong and sinful, and wish the best for others. From this vantage point, some handling of the current situation is ridiculous and wrong. But then, I'm old.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by saddlesore
So it's ok to say "what the hell,let the older people die" ? Instead of dying peacefully, it is ok to let them go out struggling for breath. I guess the same ones saying this says it is ok to kill the babies in late term abortions..I mean they are going to die some time right .There are some cruel hearted SOB"s in this world that is for sure
No doubt there are some cruel hearted people in the world - always has been the case. But, IMHO your comments are short-sighted or borne from ignorance - or maybe both. I am quite old even though not yet 87 and have enjoyed a wonderful life, career, family, friends and most of what a fellow could do out in nature. Also have climbed back from two serious health situations and know I soon will die from something like that or similar - and most likely, as you put it, "go out struggling for breath." I am reconciled with the reality and so, yes, it is OK to say "let the older people die" because we certainly will and nothing over-arching can or will be done to change that. Contrary to your guess, I celebrate the glory and sanctity of life, believe that abortion is dead wrong and sinful, and wish the best for others. From this vantage point, some handling of the current situation is ridiculous and wrong. But then, I'm old.

I certainly wish death upon no one.
If I had factors that meant that I should self quarantine to help my life last longer then that's what I would do, not expect the rest of the country to do it for my sake all the while totally destroying our national economy, leaving a depression my children and grandchildren will surely have to endure.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I've got an 87 year old uncle that's in assisted living, I bet he's nervous. I need to call him.

Too informal, anything worth saying is worth saying in person.

No nursing home or assisted living visits allowed in Louisiana

That was the joke.

Around this Campfire, one never knows.
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Calvin
Quickest way to reopen the economy is to say all salaried by taxpayers workers at the local, state, and fed level will take a 15% pay cut until things open up. And that includes teachers. Things would be open tomorrow and the entire narrative would change.
Why limit it to those salaried by taxpayers? Why not anyone who is not working but still receiving pay/benefits?
I agree. If decision makers were suffering things would change. Quick.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

More real observations there.

What is actually closed in Boise by Government order?

And what is the traffic rate at those places still open?

Many businesses are restricted in operation. The conjecture is that you "know" what people would have done without .gov stepping in. I'm really not going to argue with you. You have your chosen path and cannot be dissuaded. I'm OK with that.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,311 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.