Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 59 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 58 59
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
No chance he'd get my credit card info. This guy is beyond shady.

GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
He's saying it's that or cease all contact with him. Think I'll just contact the Sherriffs department instead.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 7mmMagnum
He's saying it's that or cease all contact with him. Think I'll just contact the Sherriffs department instead.

I'd tell him to write a check or contact the Sheriff. Truth is what really needs to happen is he needs to be beat within an inch of his life.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I've told him to send me a cheque. He won't do it. Says it's via cc or cease all contact. He's just told me I owe him thousands for harassment haha!!!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ammoman16

I'd tell him to write a check or contact the Sheriff. Truth is what really needs to happen is he needs to be beat within an inch of his life.

And if he lived in my neck of the woods, that may just be in his future, but unfortunately he doesn't.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ammoman16

This!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No offense intended, but if I was him and reading this I wouldn't worry too much. Nobody here is leaving their LazyBoy.

LOL
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Fireball2
No offense intended, but if I was him and reading this I wouldn't worry too much. Nobody here is leaving their LazyBoy.

I would, but I'm half way across the world with a travel ban in place haha!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Seems like you'd know better than anyone

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Don't bet the farm on it.

I don't live far from him, and sure wouldn't hesitate if he stole money through fraud.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of you folks are courting a nasty note from the owner pretty hard here.

If I get another one, I am going to go to the ten or so other gun forums I am on and share a link to this thread there. That's the beauty of the internet. When a lot of people are unhappy with their business dealings with a company, the word can be shared widely to inform the public. And get a load of this. It's perfectly legal. Nobody can sue anyone over it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go for it Paul!

This guy needs exposure....big time!

R
R
So looks like this scumbag got me too. Did anybody contact authorities in the Tx area about him scamming you for money? I’d like to contact a sheriff or somebody in that area.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Call the Harris County Sheriff's Office, ask to speak to a cyber/fraud detective, all of y'all should do this, post up the officer's name and contact information, it's going to take a foot on the throat of this douchebag to stop him.

I am tempted to buy something just so I can get this jackass prosecuted.

Keep us informed if you don't make contact with a deputy or detective.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
R
R
Thanks for the info! I’m going to look into getting a hold of somebody there this weekend. I’ll keep ya’ll posted if I receive a name and number of somebody you guys can get a hold of.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Remington600
Thanks for the info! I’m going to look into getting a hold of somebody there this weekend. I’ll keep ya’ll posted if I receive a name and number of somebody you guys can get a hold of.

Please do...cause I think he got me too. Ordered a couple boxes of bullets 10 days ago...asked for tracking info...nada.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
R
Hey guys, new here to the forum, all because of Optics and Ammo and Christopher Eustice.
He got me too. I ordered a cheap scope and rings on 4/4/20 to put on my Ruger 10/22
On 4/11 I hadn't been updated with shipping so I tried to call (no answer, left voicemail, it was never returned).
On 4/14 he emailed back saying "it" was on backorder. I asked which item, and if he didn't have the scope I need to cancel the order because it's a discontinued item that won't ever come back into stock.
He then did the offer of store credit or the 8% cancellation fee (for an item that said was in stock and wasn't, and never will be ever again), to which I refused and demanded a refund. He stopped responding after that.
I then started digging and found this forum, looked at the BBB and the facebook pages you guys listed here. I called my bank and canceled the debit card I used to order and got my money back that way.
Yesterday (4/23), he emailed me about a chargeback of $35 they got and wanted to see how to resolve it. I told him I submitted a fraud claim against him with my bank and explained my reasons.
Then, sure enough, he spent the ENTIRE DAY emailing me back and forth threatening me with collections and lawsuits if I didn't pay the $35, a $500 negative vendor review fee, and the original 8% cancellation fee for the $84.85 I spent originally.
So, essentially he has attempted to extort me for $541.79 or he would sick endless collection agencies after me, and sue me until "he owned everything I have". Also acted like he didn't lose all those lawsuits against Texas A&M, Chase, Equifax, etc.
Well, I'm not putting up with that crap.. so I filed a complaint with the BBB, the FTC, and the FBI's Internet Crime division (IC3), as well as the Texas Attorney General.
If he tries to sue me, I'll counter sue and I'll contact every single person he ripped off that he can find to join the suit to get this [bleep] shut down once and for all.
Just thought I would share my story. Thank you guys for keeping this thread alive so I could find it and confirm my suspicions and get my money back. Now I'm a lot more careful with EVERY website I order from and I won't order until I'm reasonably certain I'm not getting scammed.
Thanks again!

Last edited by RLong31; 04/24/20.

-Ryan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ryan,

Please keep us aware of your progress.

My story mirrors yours.......identical except for item was a discontinued scope which his website still says is in stock.

I wish he weren't so far away.

Is his address a store front or his home?

R
R
I love it! Let me know if you hear anything back or need anything from me. I filed a complaint with the BBB as well but don’t think that’s going to do anything.

R
R
Can you give me a contact or point me in the right direction for the attorney general who you contacted? I’d also like to get in touch with them.

Page 6 of 59 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 58 59

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,440
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.