Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Originally Posted by poboy
Janet Reno fiasco epic-fail.

I’m sure her seat in Hell is secure. Add the kidnapping of Elian Gonzales by a DOJ SWAT team and his forcible return to Communist Cuba.

Those were Border Patrol Agents.

Buncha a-holes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bump. Watching it now. Definitely worth watching

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

I’m sure her seat in Hell is secure. Add the kidnapping of Elian Gonzales by a DOJ SWAT team and his forcible return to Communist Cuba.

Buncha a-holes.

LOL! Feds...am I right?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Buncha a-holes.

BORTAC guys I assume?

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Watched it last night. I was very surprised that they cast FBI and ATF leadership in such unfavorable light. Lots of pandering for political gain, human lives be damned, let alone justice.

Did the video of the initial assault ever come to light?

Somebody should have been jailed for suppression/destruction of evidence if not.

This program portrayed Lon Horiuchi at Waco begging for the chance to murder again. That SOB should have been hung for Vicki Weaver. Failing successful prosecution, he certainly should have been removed from the FBI for his murderous mindset.

I was amused at the scene when Koresh was able to determine the legality of a handgun purchase, and if it came from a gun show, just by observing an "altered trigger".

I also noticed that the film portrayed no automatic weapons in the hands of the Davidians. Am I correct that they never found any illegal weapons in the compound after it burned?

And there was something about an NFA item was legal in Texas with a $25 license? I did not really catch the reference, but I assume it was another faux pas on the part of the film makers.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Started watching this last night.

Great so far.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ribka

Buncha a-holes.

BORTAC guys I assume?

Most of the pictures are BORTAC but lots of agents were involved.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Watched it last night. I was very surprised that they cast FBI and ATF leadership in such unfavorable light. Lots of pandering for political gain, human lives be damned, let alone justice.

Somebody should have been jailed for suppression/destruction of evidence if not.

This program portrayed Lon Horiuchi at Waco begging for the chance to murder again. That SOB should have been hung for Vicki Weaver. Failing successful prosecution, he certainly should have been removed from the FBI for his murderous mindset.

I was amused at the scene when Koresh was able to determine the legality of a handgun purchase, and if it came from a gun show, just by observing an "altered trigger".

I also noticed that the film portrayed no automatic weapons in the hands of the Davidians. Am I correct that they never found any illegal weapons in the compound after it burned?

And there was something about an NFA item was legal in Texas with a $25 license? I did not really catch the reference, but I assume it was another faux pas on the part of the film makers.

IS,

I pondered the same things.

Not sure if some of that stuff is accurate or not.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Buncha a-holes.

LMFAO... laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
I haven't seen the series yet. I will check it out.

I was in Billings during the Freemen stand off in Jordan, Mt, what a clusterfug.

The ATF , FBI learned a lesson from Waco and didn't try the same heavy handed tactics against the Freemen. Janet Reno and the Clintons were out of control and running amuck at the time......

The funniest thing I remember from it was the reporters complaining about the accommodations in Jordan, they were hating life... hahahaha

I believe a car load of reporters skidded off a snowy road and crashed, several hurt and If I remember correct someone died I believe? They were headed to Lincoln to cover the capture of Uni-bomber.
Good times ... LOL

[Linked Image]

An FBI agent did die in the Freeman standoff, but drinking and driving was the cause.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Clarkm

An FBI agent did die in the Freeman standoff, but drinking and driving was the cause.

My kinda party.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
I got thru the first episode - already has the sniper at Ruby Ridge and doesn't make him out to be a hero

You call that idiot a "sniper". Wasn't a "hero", nor a sniper...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shoot Viki Weaver through the head while she is holding a baby in her living room...... that is not sniping, that is murder.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I don't know about after it burned but photos of "assault" type rifles in their armaments taken prior to the raid showed some with ATF legal (at the time) "HellFire" bump-fire trigger gizmos. Also, as I recall, some practice "Dummy" hand grenades, too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
From what I remember the ATF was originally going after a .50 cal. rifle (Barrett ?) they claimed was an NFA item but in reality was semi auto or a bolt gun. The story from them seemed to "change" over time, but who knows how much of that was official or just ignorance on the medias part. Just like now, they (MSM) were solid with the dems and clinton admin.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Not a mini-series like Waco but there is an actual documentary on NetFlix titled Wild, Wild, Country.

It's pretty fuggin' wild. LOL.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Shoot Viki Weaver through the head while she is holding a baby in her living room...... that is not sniping, that is murder.

Sniping is murder.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not a mini-series like Waco but there is an actual documentary on NetFlix titled Wild, Wild, Country.

It's pretty fuggin' wild. LOL.

Geesus! That brings back memories.

My family had a friend who was a diamond broker out of Vegas that got into that cult and bought one of the Bhagwans' Rolls Royce's. The guy was a little out there but had money to burn so..... and my last year in college had a couple chicks and their boy friend live across the ally from my apartment. They worked at a strip bar in Boulder, Co. and would sun bathe naked in the back yard. My apartment was on the second floor and the deck faced the backyard so life was good... they were Bhagwanny's too, wore nothing but the "colors of the setting sun" when they wore clothes and had pics of their guru plastered in every window in the house, even on the steering wheel of their car. Strange times.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Hahaha.

Was before my time so I had never heard of the story before.

Fugkin' nuts.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

A bad deal, but people forget their son Sam was the first to be shot when the family dog sniffed out the agents hiding in the weeds. If I remember correctly the agents shot the dog when it started barking and Sam shot off a round and ran back to the house. Didn't make it, shot in the back and died while his parents watched, not able to help.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, 6 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,687
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.