Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Quak
Was just reading about the horrible shooting that took place there and the governments suggestion to “lock the door and hide in the basement”.

I feel bad for our Canadian campfire members...

Hide in the basement...I’d be mulling over which hollow points to use and questioning if I could be prosecuted for digging them out with a knife to check bullet performance

That is not bad advice. It prevents blood stains and holes in the walls.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
do you think motive for shooting had anything to do with events on April 19 ?

https://www.timeanddate.com/on-this-day/april/19

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Can you not change the title Quak?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Queens subjects

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I thought I was going to see naked women.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have made friends and acquaintances with a number of folks from north of the border over the past 15 years. Don't see a lot of difference between farmers, red-necks, country boys north of the border versus south of the border. Current co-worker was an enforcer on several hockey teams growing up. Definitely would not want to have to rassle with him. Something about talking to a guy whose eyes "light up" when you start talking about getting into a fight or scuffle.. grin...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
Would the American authorities tell you to get out on the street and gun down whoever doesn't look right when there's an unknown shooter at large? Whatever. Thanks for your thoughtless comment Quak.

Fortunately I don’t need to ask my government who to gun down...it’s my discretion

Strictly speaking, anyone with a gun can just shoot someone down a their own discretion, however, dependent upon the circumstance of the shooting, the response of your government and society to your killing that someone can be a b$tch.

Fe\or example, there's a whole bunch of former teenage punks serving long sentences as adults right now that would do anything to walk back that shot if only they could..

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by persiandog

Charles Darwin's death?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Can't criticize even the lib Canadian politicians too much while our own Mr. Biden recommends hiding in your house and shooting a double barreled shotgun through the door.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Can't criticize even the lib Canadian politicians too much while our own Mr. Biden recommends hiding in your house and shooting a double barreled shotgun through the door.

It was a warning shot or two from villa balcony if I recall correctly.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by persiandog

Charles Darwin's death?

The Simpson's first episode aired on that date....nobody cares about some silly old anthropologist or whatever he was!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Was just reading about the horrible shooting that took place there and the governments suggestion to “lock the door and hide in the basement”.

Hide in the basement...I’d be mulling over which hollow points to use and questioning if I could be prosecuted for digging them out with a knife to check bullet performance

A lot of tough talk for someone that has no clue on what went down.. The Pr!ck ambushed unsuspecting citizens, lighting houses on fire waiting for people to evacuate then executing them..
Trust me I’d be the first one willingly flinging lead if I deemed a threat eminent to my family, but honestly if someone lit my house on fire my first thought is getting everyone out safely. Being set up in an ambush would never have crossed my mind.
I guess it will be now. This loser had a screw loose and now the law abiding gun owners are going to get a [bleep] kicking again..

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, don’t pet the sweaty stuff.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AbeJohnsen

A lot of tough talk for someone that has no clue on what went down.. The Pr!ck ambushed unsuspecting citizens, lighting houses on fire waiting for people to evacuate then executing them..
Trust me I’d be the first one willingly flinging lead if I deemed a threat eminent to my family, but honestly if someone lit my house on fire my first thought is getting everyone out safely. Being set up in an ambush would never have crossed my mind.
I guess it will be now. This loser had a screw loose and now the law abiding gun owners are going to get a [bleep] kicking again..

Never let a crisis to to waste.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
ban all dentures.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody want to think about uniting the flyover parts of the US and Can against the idiot progressive parts.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Again...my apologies. I truly wasn’t implying that all Canadian citizens were pussies. Poor choice of title I suppose. I will be frank though...[/i][/b]your elected government IS a bunch of vaginas.[i][b]

Seriously...my thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this senseless act. I thank GOD every day that I have the ability to protect my family and loved ones at all times. Hell my wife would draw and shoot before I even had a chance

So how’s that governor of yours workin out for ya?

Last edited by Dryfly24; 04/22/20.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by deltakid
Anybody want to think about uniting the flyover parts of the US and Can against the idiot progressive parts.

I'd be fine with that as long as I got resident hunting and fishing privileges... smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Low speed, high drag
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is missed in the States is just how painful this was to Canadians. Americans have mass shootings on a weekly basis so are numbed to the pain. The most fun and friendly place in all our travels are the Maritimes. We have visited all the northern tier states, all the provinces and territories, all the western states and Alaska. There is not even a close second.

This pain will turn to anger.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

339 members (2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 40 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,316
Posts18,526,383
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.