Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I fell down the rabbit hole watching YouTube videos where armed homeowners were shooting up their home interiors trying to hit intruders.

From what I saw, it was evident that a handgun wasn’t getting the job done, unless scaring the living shît out of the burglar was the only intention.

1-5 bad guys ranging in color from black to black (not stereotyping) just what was on the cameras...The variety of invaders all had one thing in common, besides skin color...They all could move like a panther lit on fire with incredible agility and quickness as rounds from homeowners handguns were tearing holes in sheetrock, doors, paneling, and furnishings.

It’s apparent a lot of people have a difficult time hitting a burglar within their home, even at close range...

Why? Besides coming apart mentally that someone is in their home, the spaces are small, and there is a lot of obstacles in the way of a clear shot.

Door jambs, walls, staircase, kitchen counters, furniture, etc, make for a very brief shoot window on a quick and nimble bad guy.

Getting off anything more than a snap shot before the burglar disappears behind a wall, or through a doorway, or down a hall juking and sliding trying to get out of the house was the norm from what I watched.

Made me think the average homeowner might do better with a gauge as their choice for home protection.

Caveat. Some may consider scaring the bad guys away with missed shots is a win. YMMV.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This guy has a lot of Youtube videos about the subject. He's one of the few I can watch for an extended period of time.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Threat gone due to missed shots is always better then threat laying bleeding all over the carpet, crying for his lawyer!
Or his surviving family crying for their lawyers

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That's why I use rounds that provide a level of penetration john holmes would approve ofgrin, that said, an 11 shot 870 is in the back loaded to the gills with 9 copper plated 20 pellets each of #1 Buck, with two Brenekke KO slugs bringing up the rear.

Trump Won!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Why not a reliable, proven system, maneuverable, highly ergonomic, easy to maintain and upgrade, with a 30 round box magazine, very bright light, and a red dot that doesn't over penetrate in a house?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Why not a reliable, proven system, maneuverable, highly ergonomic, easy to maintain and upgrade, with a 30 round box magazine, very bright light, and a red dot that doesn't over penetrate in a house?

Sounds like a sex toy that kills....Cool!

🤣😎

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
That's why I use rounds that provide a level of penetration john holmes would approve ofgrin, that said, an 11 shot 870 is in the back loaded to the gills with 9 copper plated 20 pellets each of #1 Buck, with two Brenekke KO slugs bringing up the rear.

Man,I would not want to be anywhere near the receiving end of that load.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Confronting a home invader, even in familiar territory like your own home, is a losing bet. Unless you have to move to protect children, etc., the best bet is to stay put and cover the one access point to your safe area, then drop anybody who gets funneled into that spot in his tracks after you light him up and confirm your target. His buddies will have to climb over his bloody corpse to get to you, which will slow them down if they press on with the attack. It's also a good idea to have 911 on speaker phone while you're defending your "safe space".
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

There ain’t a person alive who would ever say “Yep, breaking into that big redneck mofo’s house to steal sum of his shît was a good idea”.....😜😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've always got a handgun (normally a 1911 .45 Auto) nearby, but I have aways maintained that a shotgun is the way to go for anything resembling self defense.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by BamBam

Man,I would not want to be anywhere near the receiving end of that load.

It's a dirty sombitch BamBam, some sort of entry load Winchester made a few years ago, 2-3/4ths inch hulls too, old traveling Bud gave me a case of those things.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've always got a handgun (normally a 1911 .45 Auto) nearby, but I have aways maintained that a shotgun is the way to go for anything resembling self defense.

Bro, you did kill a pussy with a handgun - and it was a very angry pussy, too.

You passed the test for holding your shît in and doing the work with a handgun.

😬😎

“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Beaver10

There ain’t a person alive who would ever say “Yep, breaking into that big redneck mofo’s house to steal sum of his shît was a good idea”.....😜😎

Yessir! cause he know some good carpenters and where the appliance sto is, he jus wouldn't stop chootin! cool

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Bro, you did kill a pussy with a handgun - and it was a very angry pussy, too.

You passed the test for holding your shît in and doing the work with a handgun.

😬😎

Ya.....that was one pissed off pussy.
About shït my britches I did, but I got the needed penetration to prevail....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
This guy has a lot of Youtube videos about the subject. He's one of the few I can watch for an extended period of time.

This guy is pretty good, pragmatic and offers excellent practical advice.

There are lot of excellent HD slug, buckshot shotgun loads to be found in "reduced recoil", "tactical" offerings. This is where having pump action helps because weaker but very effective loads may not cycle through self-loading shotguns. If you have "Joe Biden" shotgun you can even use mini-shells offered by Italians, Americans (Federal Cartridge) and Mexicans (Aguila).

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Confronting a home invader, even in familiar territory like your own home, is a losing bet. Unless you have to move to protect children, etc., the best bet is to stay put and cover the one access point to your safe area, then drop anybody who gets funneled into that spot in his tracks after you light him up and confirm your target. His buddies will have to climb over his bloody corpse to get to you, which will slow them down if they press on with the attack. It's also a good idea to have 911 on speaker phone while you're defending your "safe space".
Jerry

I agree. Depending on the load, your buckshot might not spread enough at 15-30ft to make a difference compared to a rifle or pistol. I personally will take an AR and pistol over a shotgun.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
While I am completely comfortable investigating bumps in the night and unknown sounds with a handgun, if it is a definite break in they are going to meet the Gentleman from Belgium or an AR :

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
NICE!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Jerry
Exactly....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
NICE!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LIKE 🔵

😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,320
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.