Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#14811725 04/22/20
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
All this spare time I've been cruising the world looking for my next ride, I think I found it. Do you have a Lombard log hauler? I want a Linn tractor.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I belive Don Has 2 Lombards, I rode one one of them!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Joe, I do have 2 lombard tractors and 1 linn 1925 dump truck!! grin They do not go as fast as some Mopar products tho. grin .If you go to the "KING OF OBSOLETES" website Joey Barnes has a few Linn tractors that he uses in northern Saskatchewan, hes a bit of a charactor.Heres a couple pictures.

[Linked Image from pbase.com]

I hope to rebuild the cab this summer and get it running again,When i first got it about 40 years ago it ran !!!!

Last edited by Loggah; 04/23/20.
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I need to send you the 1952 FWD Model LD dump that my neighbor has. As it is, I think when scrap goes up, it's getting scrapped. I told him I thought it was cool, the last time I was up there, he had it all cleaned out. I think his BIL said it did run.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Well Joe i could send you a couple of ww2 Sterling trucks i own!!!!! grinSterling made 100 of these model DDS150 all wheel drive trucks in 1944 for the U.S. Navy for hauling torpedos, there kinda rough,but with only 100 made there pretty rare.

after the war the yellow one ended up with a gradall on it,and the orange one had a small crane on it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yow! That's some serious machinery. What engines were used in the Sterlings? Proprietary or off-the-shelf?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don, Do you have an torpedoes to go with the trucks?

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That Oliver is really cool! I've never seen one like that. I'm slumming it with a Farmall M frown

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Loggah
Joe, I do have 2 lombard tractors and 1 linn 1925 dump truck!! grin They do not go as fast as some Mopar products tho. grin .If you go to the "KING OF OBSOLETES" website Joey Barnes has a few Linn tractors that he uses in northern Saskatchewan, hes a bit of a charactor.Heres a couple pictures.

I hope to rebuild the cab this summer and get it running again,When i first got it about 40 years ago it ran !!!!

See if she'll start with that hand crank Don. grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I used to start both th lombard and linn with the hand crank !! once upon a time. The Sterlings were made in Millwaukee and waukesha engines were made nearby,so every gasoline engine sterling had a waukesha. These had 6srkr motors around 525c.i. flathead sixes. the diesel sterlings all used 6 cylinder cummins. Sterlings were some of the first to use diesels in the early 30's.
David, A friend of mine did come up with a torpedo years ago while dragging for scollops off the coast of maine, as soon as they saw it in the net they had the coast guard come get it. Joe check and see if the FWD has a hercules jxc engine in it,i need one for one of my smaller cletracs. Damnesia, i have a few tractors to, 1943 case VAIW warehouse tractor ,1949 case SC, 1948 ford 8n and a1960's industrial 30 massey-ferguson and a toro "GENERAL" greens tractor. This is why im not on the savage forum all the time !!!! I got "JUNK" everywhere i need to work on !!!!!!! crazy crazy grin Don

Last edited by Loggah; 04/23/20.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can get you the patent drawing's for Arthur's wire guided torpedo... grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I was grouse hunting in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom back in 2011 and I came across an old Federal dump truck, abandoned in the woods. I had to look online to find out what it was.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
loggah has the stuff on a calm day you can drive by and hear most of it rusting

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
that does not include his gun museum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by topnotch99
loggah has the stuff on a calm day you can drive by and hear most of it rusting

Starting to smell like a sibling rivalry.

Maybe the bro likes rare rusty old cool equipment?

grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
I was grouse hunting in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom back in 2011 and I came across an old Federal dump truck, abandoned in the woods. I had to look online to find out what it was.

Couple years back I saw a guy walking around a fenced lot full of old trucks and tractors. I’d been trying to get in and see them for years. The first truck as you walked on the lot was a 34 Federal. He had a 37 IH wrecker. I liked the Federal, but what I really wanted was 56 IH R160. My very first vehicle I ever bought, when I was 14-15, was an IH R120 stake body. He said the truck had been the first truck a moving and storage company had bought. The owner loved it and when they bought their next truck, he retired the old I H and put it one of their storage buildings. Nice paint, no rust. I kept going back and the place was never open. Finally I saw the guy and stopped, the truck was gone.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grew up on a Ollie cletrac! When the engine threw a rod , dad and I put a Buick straight eight in it. With the 3 speed trans coupled to the stock trans.
Put it in low in both boxes, crack the throttle side open, climb off , eat lunch, take a nap, and walk 5 feet and get back on!
Man could that thing push! 3040 if I remember right.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Heres my little cletrac model 12-20 it is a bit rusty but runs nice. grin

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
One of my friends has an Olliver OC6 with a front end loader on it. He's kind of like Don, has more stuff to ride on than you can count. He has a beautiful, self restored Model T Huckster truck, 3 Model T Roadster Pick up cabs, all in very good condition, none with titles. Last time I was over his new toy was a Studebaker Weasel, not running of course. He lives on 3 acres and had over 20 vehicles. He's back a long, long drive and can't be seen from the road. One of his neighbors was moving, and the real estate agent turned him into the county. He had to build a 60X90 building to fit everything in. But, he did it.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 56 invisible), 3,065 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.